It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fury as school girls forced by teachers to lift up their tops to prove they aren’t hiding mobile p

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
First off let me say that I am twenty. If people seriously think you are going to stop students from using cell phones in school; let me say that most students can text with their phone in their pocket, without looking at it. Back to the topic at hand, this is completely rediculus, these were female teachers it should have been obvious that there is metal in bras, its common sense even for males. This school is lucky that I wasn't in attendance, since I had a tendency to cause... Student unrest, if you catch my drift.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Holy crap a cool teacher! I can understand why they didn't want us to use them. Also about the laser pointers I can understand, I had glasses in school and people thought it was funny to shine them through them, that is until I snapped them like twigs.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I dont even have/use a cell phone. But If I did and had 2, then my child would take it school in case of a family emergency and I would chew my way up the top to find out what nazi's are trying to control families to that extent and make sure they did what I wanted. PERIOD. And my child would still go and stil have the phones, if it was my will.

As for stripping, my kids are instructed to run home if anything weird is happening at the school.

This story is really atrocious.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by buster2010

That's called theft in most civilized parts of the world..... I am surprised you still have any students, I wouldn't let my kids go there. A school has zero right to take kids personal property like that.....

They have every right to take the phones because the parents agree to their rules when they send the kids there. Like I said don't like the rules do your job as a parent and get involved. It's not the schools place to raise your kids.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

That's called theft in most civilized parts of the world..... I am surprised you still have any students, I wouldn't let my kids go there. A school has zero right to take kids personal property like that.....

Yes, in that case, it IS theft. Some school districts even have a "Parent/Student Contract" that outlines provisions for electronic devices, and perhaps the last poster's school has a provision for cellphone use that includes confiscation and forfeiture of said device if it become a problem. Some districts that I know of have had to resort to that. The parents signed away and agreed with the school's policy. They are very distracting. Spend time in a classroom trying to teach kids when half of them are texting away. Makes you want to smash all the cellphones. In my case, I give them one warning, and then it's "mine" until their parents come get it (per school policy). The same goes for toys, games, etc. (I work in an elementary school, and all that stuff can be distracting). I would never dream of taking them "for good," however....just doesn't seem right.

-TS

-TS

No it is not theft. One set of parents tried to sue the school over it. The trial lasted about ten minutes. The judge asked if they signed the paperwork the school gave them they said yes the judge told them next time read what you sign because you gave them the right to do it. Case dismissed.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

They have every right to take the phones because the parents agree to their rules when they send the kids there. Like I said don't like the rules do your job as a parent and get involved. It's not the schools place to raise your kids.

There I bolded the important tidbit you must have missed. I don't subject my girls to the piece of crap called the public education system. I homeschool

But the bolded isn't entirely accurate though. If they wanted to subject themselves to that indoctination system, I would let them. Homeschooling has many perks though, such as yesterday. Was a beautiful day, so I taught class on the beach

edit on Tue, 29 May 2012 21:49:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

The **ENTIRE** situation could have been avoided/resolved if the school had simply budgeted for one (or more) metal-detector wands, like the kinds used to search for knives and guns at airports and courthouses. There is absolutely no need for a visual inspection or strip search if you have a detector wand. Cell phones contain metal, and wands on proper settings will pick up any metal from a cell phone.

If the issue of cell phones is important enough to a school, then they should have wands. Further, any suspects should be told to remove all jewelry, watches, etc. before the non-invasive wand search. End of story. Any metal that results should be a hidden object containing metal. It should be noted that it is possible that a small amount of people might have metallic objects INSIDE their bodies (pace-makers, skull plates, leg screws/supports, etc.) that are medically necessary. This is why the school medical staff should be consulted in advance, to make sure there is not an unnecessary incident.

There are also three, extremely rare, possibilities:
1. The student has an unknown, imbedded alien implant (don't laugh, people have discovered such things in their bodies; google it).
2. The student is either a willing/unwilling participant in a jihadist plot, and has a b o m b surgically implanted in him/her.
3. The student was secretly experimented upon by a clandestine government agency (like Wolverine) and has a metallic (adamantium?) indoskeleton.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Ever heard of underwire?

I guess we should just let the TSA set up shop in the school entrances while we are at it.....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You can try and justify the theft however you want I suppose. It is still taking property, that doesn't belong to them. Most people call that stealing. Parents in that district must be idiots I guess.....
edit on Tue, 29 May 2012 22:17:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

buster, you missed the part in there where I said that some schools have contracts that parents and students must sign (which includes confiscation and donation of these devices). I wasn't disagreeing with you. Schools that don't have this contract between parents, students, and the school are technically stealing these devices if there wasn't something written down beforehand. Believe me, I'm a teacher in the system, and I know how these legal things work. I hate union meetings....

-TS

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

I try to be. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar, and I really enjoy my students. I see a variety of them each day as I'm a substitute right now (was a "real" teacher a few years back, but budget cuts demanded that my newbie arse was to be cut first....I cut and ran before they could do that). I'm kind of a rock star in the elementary school I work for as I have something like 100 different ties. Some kids even place "bets" on what kind of tie I will wear that day.

I'm one of those teachers that hasn't been lost to the system. I refuse to get brought to that level, and I've encouraged my colleagues to start seeing things the way I see them. Change has to come from within, and that's my goal.

-TS

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Funny, but they actually are almost obsolete, we use something called Smartphones nowadays.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
Who really cares if the girls were a little embarrassed? There is a zero tolerance. It should be enforced.

How about zero tolerance for unethical behaviour? Especially for adults.

Just becuase children are forced to attend their institutions doesn't give them the right to behave as they please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join