It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia to build privately funded first responder training center - Met at gates by homeland securit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, I was camping this weekend when a friend of mine told me about Guardian Centers of Georgia. I had never heard of them before but it turns out it in the town just south of me. He told me he went in the parking lot to check it out and noticed cameras following him in his vehicle. He said him and his daughter got out and walked up to the gates where he was met by homeland security. He said the guy showed him his badge and asked what he was doing there. My friend said he was just driving by and was checking it out. He said he was then asked to leave.
It got my interest so I looked it up and sure enough, there is a Guardian Center of GA.

www.news-reporter.com...
www.macon.com...
www.cor3design.com...
www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...
www.insurancejournal.com...

It was a former Northrop Grumman missile plant, which I didnt even know existed right there. I dont know how to take a screen shot but if you search google map Thompson Rd in perry Ga. you can see it. I am thinking about going up there to check it out.
edit on 5/28/2012 by concerned190 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2012 by concerned190 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The Anschutz Corp. has funded this project I believe.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.anschutz-exploration.com...
www.opensecrets.org...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Interesting that it is privately funded. The federal Government sure sounds interested. Gotta have a place for DHS and National Guard to practice their simulated "mock"disasters.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Its privately funded yet homeland security is there? Is homeland security privately funded?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

You got me? But who knows the way that private contractors and such can be used by government agencies to do their dirty work. Would be easy enough for people in congress to move some money around and then say, it's not taxpayer money.

It would be interesting to know who is funding this.

On the other hand, we have DHS working with National Guard and US Northern Command, that doesn't paint a very pretty picture.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

This website says its funded by anonymous private investors. www.prophezine.com...:israel-america-a-gods-judgment-pt10-may-day-is-coming&catid=42 :rokstories But I also read that Anschutz Corp may have some help also.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
any chance you could get a street address or google maps coordinates? I'd like to look around at it on google maps/earth...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here you go.

32.496207, -83.749080

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Google Thompson Rd, Perry GA. Its right there to the left off of northrup pl.
I am going to take a drive down there this week, its like 15 to 20 minutes away from me. I know that they have started construction from what I have read. I would like to see if homeland security really will meet you there.
edit on 5/29/2012 by concerned190 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Is it anywhere near Ft. Gordon, Georgia where the largest eavesdropping facility in the nation exists? Code-named "Sweet Tea", I first heard about this place from a friend of mine that works there periodically. He spends the majority of his time overseas, but he is occasionally placed on assignment at the Sweet Tea facility.

Just curious how far apart these two facilities are.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, its in central Ga. kinda close to Robins Air Force Base.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190
The Anschutz Corp. has funded this project I believe.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.anschutz-exploration.com...
www.opensecrets.org...

Anschutz? Thought I was reading Auschwitz at first. Little too close for comfort, that name.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I thought the very same thing

top topics

join