It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie Gov Says They'll Fine Anyone Who Blames Carbon Tax For Price Increases, Despite Carbon Tax C

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Aussie Gov Says They'll Fine Anyone Who Blames Carbon Tax For Price Increases, Despite Carbon Tax Causing Price Increases

www.informationliberation.com

Australia's new carbon tax is going to cause costs to rise on everything across the board, it's a massive new tax on energy, therefor no industries will be able to escape the rising costs.

That said, the Australian government has declared it's illegal to "wrongly" blame the carbon tax for price increases, and they say those who do will face fines up to $1.1 million dollars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
edit on 5/28/2012 by Nspekta because: title

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Australia puts a carbon tax in, increases prices and then tells people, specifically running small business that they cannot blame any price increase on carbon tax! WHAT?

Seriously? Oh and if you do, the fine may be an easy 1.1 million buckaroos...

It appears that they are trying anything to make sure this tax gets no bad publicity and are threatening huge fines to anyone claiming otherwise!

Dr Schaper said the warning applied to comments made by staff over the phone, on the shop floor or in meetings.
It also covers advertising, product labels, websites, invoices, contracts and contract negotiations.

Source

Thoughts?!

edit on 5/28/2012 by Nspekta because: extra quote

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If they blamed the carbon tax they must be able to prove it and not use it as a cover for other price increases related to wages, rent or stock.

"If a business claims that a price is linked to the carbon price, that claim must be truthful and have a reasonable basis,'' he said.

Sounds more like a 'truth in advertising rule' than anything else. Sounds kinda reasonable to me; If you lie about your costs, you face a fine'.

If you increase your costs and then just blame it on the 'carbon tax', you may have to prove it's just the carbon tax, and not you price gauging. Bureaucratic, for sure, but reasonable in its logic.

They arent saying you cant blame the carbon tax, just that you cant blame it for your own price gauging. Of course, I agree it gives the gov. even more power. Most laws do.
edit on 28-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Aussie Gov Says They'll Fine Anyone Who Blames Carbon Tax For Price Increases, Despite Carbon Tax Causing Price Increases

Australia's new carbon tax is going to cause costs to rise on everything across the board, it's a massive new tax on energy, therefor no industries will be able to escape the rising costs.

That said, the Australian government has declared it's illegal to "wrongly" blame the carbon tax for price increases, and they say those who do will face fines up to $1.1 million dollars.

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

Read the Thread I did on Carbon Tax and Carbon's Atomic numbers of 6 Protons, 6 Electrons and 6 Neutrons:

Mark of the Beast and UN / UNESCO Carbon Trading System

Its a setup. Our new monetary system will be Carbon Units. Of course, the true units traded are humans. The new gold standard that backs the currency will be the UN Biosphere Reserves as future development. The Grand Canyon is one of our reserves. My theory on this as the future currency is outlined in the thread linked above.

edit on 28-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I actually think this is helping the consumer. Many businesses would be using this as a way to improve prices much more than the carbon tax is costing them. So they made this law to prevent people businesses from trying to profit from this. I am against the carbon tax, though.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Once you get past the sensationalism of the article, the truth is more appealing.

Companies are not allowed to use the new tax as a LIE, an EXCUSE, to raise prices to grab more money from the consumer when it is not warranted. If the new tax genuinely raises prices, then it is most certainly allowed to be blamed. It certainly can be blamed it it is the truth.

I like this new ruling, it protects the consumer from conmen who would raise prices for no proper reason.

We had the same thing when the GST came in many years ago. It was not allowed to be used as a false excuse to raise prices. If it was a geniune reason that the GST caused prices to be raised, then that is perfectly proper to blame it

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The argument that this is a good thing is related to price gouging by small businesses. Well with small businesses if one guy in town raises his prices wrongly citing a carbon tax, then the other people have the opportunity to undercut the price gouger, attracting business that formerly went to the other store by the virtue of having lower prices.

Fining people major freaking money when a market based solution is available is not something I can abide by.

In the case of large national chains, they're likely in bed with the government one way or another and are less likely to get popped for this. Therefore the market based system that will reward those who stay close to market price has the potential to get bypassed by those with government connections.

Also, taxing energy does increase costs on literally everything. Anything stocked in a store needs to get trasported there using energy. It needs to get produced using energy. It needs to get accounted for and monitored using energy (electricity).

Costs WILL go up across the board due to the carbon tax. People can try to price gouge using this excuse but price gouging is a completely different animal than protesting a tax based on an incomplete guilt based concept. Aren't there government bodies supposed to be protecting the people from price gouging?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
reply to post by Nspekta

I actually think this is helping the consumer. Many businesses would be using this as a way to improve prices much more than the carbon tax is costing them. So they made this law to prevent people businesses from trying to profit from this. I am against the carbon tax, though.

Remember, it's what you don't know about the final system that makes the tyranny apparent. The UN, under UNESCO, has been taking possession of undeveloped (Carbon Free) land around the world. This land is a Carbon reserve since no carbon emissions are emitted there. It's a huge credit for a country like Africa. The upside for Africa is that they can trade the carbon credits (Land) for development to a company that needs credit. The credit is then used up as development for cash. Africa gains cash, but legally loses their land to development and corporate greed. It's a scheme to generate vast sums of new fiat money based on a false reserve. Will the system be followed honestly? Very doubtful. Remember Cap and Trade? We defeated this scheme because the American people were smart enough to know better.

Carbon emitting countries like the US, who already have capital, will be purchasing resources on the cheap and then trading them on the market. What a nightmare. It's another trading floor to steal reward that is not earned at the expense of the entire world. Revelation 13 outlines the entire system and it's mark of 666. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Aussie Gov Says They'll Fine Anyone Who Blames Carbon Tax For Price Increases,
Despite Carbon Tax Causing Price Increases

Might I just say as a reminder to myself, that like naturalnews, this "informationliberation" website is now one I consider to be sensationalist garbage, more concerned with false OUTRAGE than the truth.
One that will just simply lie to your face in order to make you angry.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Its a setup. Our new monetary system will be Carbon Units.

How right you are. The set up is in progress. Australia is the lab rat.

edit on 28-5-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Right. I did a thread yesterday on overcoming by Spirit. It's important for American to realize that revolution and civil war is not the answer to overcoming our beast. The Carbon only marks the people themselves as the ones who must overcome. It's a process of recognizing the authority of God in our lives. The beast of Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons) must be overcome with Word. Nitrogen is 777 and Oxygen is 888. 777 is God's heptadic number that marks the Bible. 888 is Jesus in Greek Gematria. We overcome with the breath God gave us to speak the word of God.

Satan rises above God to destroy the earth. 999 is fluorine. Fluorine refines uranium. Fluoride is the byproduct and is put in our water and toothpaste to calcify our pineal gland. When mixed with Carbon, you get fluorocarbon, which destroys the breath. Satan desires to destroy God's work. Fire destroys. Living Water puts fire out.

Could I make this stuff up?

Defending the Country from Tyranny

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

If they blamed the carbon tax they must be able to prove it and not use it as a cover for other price increases related to wages, rent or stock.

"If a business claims that a price is linked to the carbon price, that claim must be truthful and have a reasonable basis,'' he said.

Sounds more like a 'truth in advertising rule' than anything else. Sounds kinda reasonable to me; If you lie about your costs, you face a fine'.

If you increase your costs and then just blame it on the 'carbon tax', you may have to prove it's just the carbon tax, and not you price gauging. Bureaucratic, for sure, but reasonable in its logic.

They arent saying you cant blame the carbon tax, just that you cant blame it for your own price gauging. Of course, I agree it gives the gov. even more power. Most laws do.
edit on 28-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

While it may seem fair. What if the Government fined companies with legitimate claims? I'm sure the government wouldn't want to compensate particular companies who will be affected. So if they were to make a legit claim, will they be fined?

I find the whole Carbon Tax absurd. Particularly because Gillard lied to us all and pushed it through regardless of Australia's opinion.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Australia has always been the lab rat. For everything:

-Gun reduction and control
-Indefinite detention of citizens
-Internet monitoring (yes we have it)
-Carbon Tax

You know what. I think it is somewhat of a test. A test to see what the public reaction will be. If that were the case though, i think Australia is the wrong place to do it, considering most of us are laid back

Regardless, we have had all this stuff before any other Western Country in the world.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Aussie Gov Says They'll Fine Anyone Who Blames Carbon Tax For Price Increases,
Despite Carbon Tax Causing Price Increases

Might I just say as a reminder to myself, that like naturalnews, this "informationliberation" website is now one I consider to be sensationalist garbage, more concerned with false OUTRAGE than the truth.
One that will just simply lie to your face in order to make you angry.

He did also provide a legit source:

www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I'm not sure I'm following this right.

The government raises taxes and if you say anything about the rise in taxes, you get punished?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au

Read the Thread I did on Carbon Tax and Carbon's Atomic numbers of 6 Protons, 6 Electrons and 6 Neutrons:

Mark of the Beast and UN / UNESCO Carbon Trading System

Its a setup. Our new monetary system will be Carbon Units. Of course, the true units traded are humans. The new gold standard that backs the currency will be the UN Biosphere Reserves as future development. The Grand Canyon is one of our reserves. My theory on this as the future currency is outlined in the thread linked above.

You do understand it's not carbon but carbon dioxide they are taxing. And there is no atomic number for it because only elements have atomic numbers, compounds do not. Carbon dioxide is made up of 1 carbon atom and 2 oxygen atoms.

There goes your mark of the beast theory.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Unsure of the credibilty of the source, however Rothschild are behind the carbon tax.

I will dig some more

Rothschild pushing carbon tax

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Nspekta

I'm not sure I'm following this right.

The government raises taxes and if you say anything about the rise in taxes, you get punished?

No you only get punished if they jack the prices up and blame the taxes.

The power companies will not take this sitting down.

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Why then do we have the slowest internet on the planet?

The penny drops...

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thank you!

2nd

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join