It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-year-old deaf girl hears herself for the first time-Must See!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
joined the shed a tear club on that one, news is so ugly these days, any heartwarming story is always one im willing to take a couple minutes for. Real happy for the young lady all the best to her in the future with her new found ability to hear better.

Kudos for the post OP

SaneThinking

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A very moving video.
Thank You.

S&F
It really made me think how lucky I am to have no problems with my hearing.
We take things like that for granted in life and to watch a young child experience that was great.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

If it is amazing for her, imagine for those cientists that gave up their entire life just to pull out some technologies so she can have this momment!!!

YAy!!!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I saw this video over the weekend and have to admit I got a little misty eyed watching the joy on the little girls face. You can tell how emotional it was for her when she begins to cry from joy.

Also, check out how happy her little brother is for her in the video. He really looks proud of his sister.

They look like a good family.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is just one of the many things we should be doing as a race to help one another...such gifts make the heart feel so great.

We need to change from wars and bad things and start helping one another where ever and when ever we can.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks for that! So sweet. This one is really good too:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Great video, I wish there was one of someone who was completely deaf hear for the first time... It's too bad they can't completely cure deafness yet but I see it in the near future, hopefully curing blindess follows....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Awesome!! Thank you for that one too! Teared up again

2nd

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

That is so very cool . . . made me tear up.

Us hearing people really take it for granted when we expose our ears to damaging noises without protection and the like.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Brilliantly uplifting video - so nice just to see something positive happening.
Thanks for posting..it bought a huge smile to my face to see the girls reaction at a lifetime of opportunity being opened up for her...no restrictions from the deafness...was truly heart warming.

edit on 29-5-2012 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is why there is still hope for humanity ,when all the garbage and filth is washed away sometimes you are left with
something that is pure and untouched almost like it was a product of an angels hand,I cannot remember the last time I had tears in my eyes for anything or any one but watching that child cry! as a retired Canadian armed forces member this was truly something I have not shed a tear in years until now.

Bless that child and may her angel guard over her with extreme prejudice ,

amen

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
another great one.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vegas.lurker

What a cute kid! Thats awesome, thx for sharing

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I agree completely, Domo1. I wept with joy for that little girl and her family. Something most of us take for granted everyday, a complete wonder to her. That was a priceless moment.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Awesome!

But, if this is the first time she hears, how come she knows how to speak and recognize words?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

She was using hearing aids before, the implants allowed her to hear herself among other things for the first time. Some good info has been posted within the thread already if you wanna read up on it

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am sorry to burst your bubble, but it can be she is crying out of disappointment. The first time i saw a similar video I also thought it was tears of joy when a woman in her maybe late teens got her implant activated after being deaf for some time. In a follow up video she told that it was really tears of disappointment since she had her expectations much higher.

Apparently the sound those implants make is horrifying, there was even linked some demonstration clips what it sounds like, and yes, it was creepy. I will see if i can find the videos&clip i am talking about and post them here if i do.

edit:
original: www.utdallas.edu...
simulation what it sounds like (best case, 8 channel device): www.utdallas.edu...
edit on 29-5-2012 by varikonniemi because: links

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WOW...Finally a feel good story. Good for her and her family

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Sorry op, you imply that she has been deaf her whole life and I would beg to differ how does a deaf person learn to speak english words so clearly -- any of the truly deaf individuals whom I've met in my life do not talk like that at all.

Originally posted by Nspekta
This is a really cool video i just saw and i thought i would share it. Imagine being deaf your whole life, and then being able to hear for the first time?! How crazy awesome would that be?!

In the above clip, Sammie is visibly jolted once the implant is turned on and begins to cry after hearing herself breathe for the first time, an event that the whole family fondly remembers.

Yahoo

Anyways, Check it out:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
I am sorry to burst your bubble, but it can be she is crying out of disappointment. The first time i saw a similar video I also thought it was tears of joy when a woman in her maybe late teens got her implant activated after being deaf for some time. In a follow up video she told that it was really tears of disappointment since she had her expectations much higher.

Apparently the sound those implants make is horrifying, there was even linked some demonstration clips what it sounds like, and yes, it was creepy. I will see if i can find the videos&clip i am talking about and post them here if i do.

edit:
original: www.utdallas.edu...
simulation what it sounds like (best case, 8 channel device): www.utdallas.edu...
edit on 29-5-2012 by varikonniemi because: links

This is stephen hawking speaking.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join