It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Rawles Survival Blog finally targeted/attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I did I search and couldn't find this elsewhere on ATS, I apologize if it has already been posted.

If it hasn't already been posted, I can't believe you guys are not on top of this.

This is not a good sign. A very sophisticated attack on the survival blog accompanied by an extremely crude letter with demands - a poorly executed op. Whatever agency would have us believe someone with the werewithal to take out an extremely protected server network Sweden can't spell and has terrible grammar and is a raving bigot to boot. The hacker types from the Philippines or China don't have the best English, but rarely are they bigots and usually target some government agency, financial institution or transnational business - I can't fathom why hackers why have a hard-on for James Rawles or the survival blog - he is usually a hero to those types.

This tells me we are in the end game, sorry folks.

www.shtfplan.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Retarded racist hackers with no apparent motive other than to force him to post a racist comment on his website?

Where the hell is the logic in this story? What kind of hackers waste their computing power on such a stupid goal?

sidenote: if this had anything to do with trying to censor the info on his website then I doubt they would be threatening to make his books free. Unless that's just a bluff.
edit on 28-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

What makes it a 'very sophisticated attack'?

Are you just trying to direct people to your own blog?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Retarded racist hackers with no apparent motive other than to force him to post a racist comment on his website?

Where the hell is the logic in this story? What kind of hackers waste their computing power on such a stupid goal?

sidenote: if this had anything to do with trying to censor the info on his website then I doubt they would be threatening to make his books free. Unless that's just a bluff.
edit on 28-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Agree with your logic, and I also guessed that the threat to publish his books was just that, a bluff.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

What makes it a 'very sophisticated attack'?

Are you just trying to direct people to your own blog?

What are you talking about? I don't have a blog.

I called it a sophisticated attack because of this description:

"This past weekend, our server in Sweden was put under a “ping flood“ Denial of Service (DOS) attack that at times resulted in 65% packet loss.

The attack was timed for a three-day holiday weekend, no doubt because the miscreants expected that the staff at our ISP would be unavailable to help us reconfigure"

new topics

top topics

join