It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney tells vets dangerous world demands powerful military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney chose Veterans Day to proclaim to the American people his conviction that the world is a dangerous place, and the United States must remain its most formidable military power.

"The world is not safe," Romney told veterans on Memorial Day. He was joined by Senator John McCain, in a speech to honor the veterans of America's wars.

The United States now has two paths forward, Romney said. He called one "the pathway to Europe," suggesting Europe had acquiesced to geopolitical threats. "To shrink our military smaller and smaller to pay for our social needs."

The people of this country do indeed need a powerful military as a deterrence,however most think Romney just want's to go kill people.

There is a difference here, that political ideology will blind some, and never actually listen to those words.

This nation is on two paths and indeed one is the path of Europe,but it seems people have forgotten why people came here,and formed this nation,and the other is to shrink,and cut,and gut, and with drawl from the rest of the world, which to a degree, I do agree with.

However once that is done a power vacuum will be create, and it will be filled by someone else,worse,way worse. and the need will be greater than ever for it.

Having a strong military is not evil,it is a vital necessity to ensure a free state, and it always has been,however there has always been room for reform.The problem is how much and not to create that power vacuum left such as the Clinton administration that created the last decade of war.

No one wants any more war,but if people really do sit there and think having no military is going to change anything, they really do have a rude awakening coming. If we become like Europe, who has outsourced their security for decades for us, there is no one to outsource to,with exception of the UN,that has been an abysmal failure,but that might be all part of the master plan.

edit on 28-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Of course no one wants more war, the thing
is though, all the budget cuts this current admin
is doing to the US military is hurting the very same
people who put their lives on the line to die for this
country and the people in it.. Veterans injured can't
get half way decent medical care, there given peg
wooden legs when their legs are blown off..
How much more of a pay check cut can they take?
It is sad seeing veterans go homeless because
the POTUS wants to cut spending, and infiltrate
the military with his political correct BS, like the gay
issue and women on submarines. Romney is damn right,
at this time we don't need to be cutting on defense, we don't
need to get rid of nuclear bombs, disarming the US is not the answer
except for the enemy....... They need to ramp up the cyber security
force and would someone please get the national guard on the boarder?
If they can waste money on bridges to no where, welfair, food stamps,
their bloated pensions, then at the very least spend on defense..
Without it none of the other stuff can or will exist.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yea, bout that......

In this Dangerous Romney world,

Why is it more Americans are killed from Dog Bites than Terrorism.

Why is it more Americans are killed from Lightning Strikes than Terrorism.

Sure is a Scary World

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Sure was a dangerous world in 1993 when the World Trade Center was bombed,and it sure was a dangerous world when two planes flew in to the World Trade Center on 9-11, and sure was a dangerous world on December 7th,1941 when America had a smaller military,

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Who's the real danger?
Might want to consider that.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sure is a Dangerous world when then US can take on the COMBINED FORCES of the next 20 Countries Militarily,

And Still have them Out Matched.

Just who the Heck is Romney afraid off?

Ok, I'll tell you.

He's afraid the Profit Margins of his Buddies Companies will Fall.

Thats the Facts Jack.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When was the last time that the U.S Military actually defended the citizens of the U.S from an invading army? The only wars we fight now are wars over the interests of the government. Terrorism will continue to exist no matter how big of an army we have, as long as religious extremism exists there will be terrorism. There's no way to get rid of terrorism.

If we pulled out of the middle east and stop playing world police, then maybe those "evil" terrorists wouldn't be so hell bent on killing our troops.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Sure is a Dangerous world when then US can take on the COMBINED FORCES of the next 20 Countries Militarily,

Sorry i was under the impression the US couldn't handle those "freedom fighters" in Afghanistan.

Just who the Heck is Romney afraid off? Ok, I'll tell you. He's afraid the Profit Margins of his Buddies Companies will Fall.

Not the topic but hey nice try, this is the topic:

And those are the fact's.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's only a dangerous world if you make it dangerous for yourself, by constantly meddling in the affairs of foreign nations.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

When was the last time that the U.S Military actually defended the citizens of the U.S from an invading army?

1812- two centuries ago, yet Americans are so stupid they believe this crap about America will be destroyed if we don't spend trillions on the military.

The truth is, tens of millions of Americans are stupid, worthless losers who can't feel good about themselves, so they want the military to bomb a bunch of people to make themselves feel more powerful.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
What Romney means is lets bomb Iran! Oooh and maybe Egypt too! And I'm totally sure that he won't "coincidently" give his kids a pile of cash that they will just randomly invest in defence contractors and weapons manufacturers. *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE".

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Are ATS'ers buying the Mitt Romney "Strongest military in the world" soundbite?

You guys are better than this...aren't you?

edit on 29-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

S&F

It’s good to hear Romney take a position like that. After the last 4 years of cowardice and pandering it will be nice to have a real Commander-in-Chief again!!

Having served under two presidents (Clinton and Bush) I can tell you from my own experience that there is a HUGE difference in esprit de corps (or morale) when the POTUS demonstrates his love of country, his understanding of the role of our military forces, and has a clear understanding of the sacrifices our servicemen and women (and their families) make.

No desire for more war here!!!!!! I’m just glad to see that Romney understands that we achieve ‘peace through strength’ (not to be confused with ‘peace through use of force’!).

Some people GET IT!!! Some NEVER WILL!! For those who don’t get it….watch this video and wake up!

Strong military does NOT EQUAL more war.

We need strong leadership, a strong military and a strong economy. I'm not the biggest Romney fan but I can assure you he'll deliver on those far better than Obama!

edit on 29-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It's only a dangerous world if you make it dangerous for yourself, by constantly meddling in the affairs of foreign nations.

What does that have to do with having a strong military?

You’re talking about policy not capability.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Should we dismantle the military and close all of our overseas bases like your idol wants?

Will that REALLY make us stronger?

Sounds more like a Jimmy Carter position to me!

What’s wrong with having the strongest military in the world as long as we don’t use it by trying to be the world’s police force?? What’s wrong with being the baddest boy on the block who never gets in a fight because his enemies know the outcome?? That’s what I’d like to see!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

edit on 29-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

sure I will support the disarming of the US Military right after RP destroys the will of

Somali WarLords
Arab Aggression
Christian Aggression
Capitalist Aggression
Communist Aggression
Atheist Aggression
Hollywood Aggression
Chinese Communist Aggression
North Korean Communist Aggression
British Aggression and Oppression
Central & So. American Communist Dictator Aggression and Oppression
Muslim and Christian Conflict and Oppression and exploitation of humanity of slavery on the continent of Africa

Soon as Ron Paul eradicates this Global Human Perpetration against Humanity
I will destroy my weapons and support dismantling All Military Globally for the purpose of Peace

but not one second before will I unload my Rifle

edit on 29-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

top topics

join