It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Amadeo
reply to post by blueorder

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse. You didn't choose your attraction to the opposite sex, and homosexuals don't choose their attraction to the same sex. You know exactly what I'm saying so give the dumb act a rest.

Cease with your nonsense- it is all about choice, and how we choose to react to whatever we are feeling, how we translate our feelings/urges into the physical- now what is so hard to understand about that?

You're a fool.
Go to school.

What is so hard to understand about scientists having all but proven it's genetic?

I guess killing people because we don't like them is easier.
edit on 29-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
reply to post by RealSpoke

I challenge any sensible Christian who watches this video to explain to me how Christianity (and organized religion in general) is not harmful to society.

And don't tell me "it would happen anyways." This is happening because a pastor told a bunch of people this is what they should believe, no way around it.

What that group is doing is very harmful. They don't speak for all Chrisitans because most Christians aren't out running their mouths about what other people do, they concentrate on their own life, not everyone elses. If you are willing to narrow it to "Christians of this ilk" or "that group of supposed Christians", then my answer would be that they DO harm society. They not only cause strife and irritation in society against other people, they cause irritation against ALL Christians, even those who are not affiliated with those bigoted, egotistical snots at all. They make all Christians seem like them and that's not the case. They spend all their time judging others instead of tending to their own lives.
In my opinion, they aren't Christian at all. They claim to be, just as the Pharisees claimed to follow God yet crucified Christ. They are destroying Christianity, not building it up, they are also trying to tear down everyone else around them.
I guess it's time that people who are Christians and live by Christ's words actually stand up and choose this battle. Those people do not speak for me nor do they speak for any of the other Christians I know. They are a disgusting, bigoted, self righteous, hate filled group that I will not accept as a Christian in any way, shape or form. They are inherently stupid, unable to learn and a plight on humanity.
How's that?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So why don't you Christians speak out against them en mass instead of one or two individuals here and there?

could it be that many actually do have some sympathetic views like those?

You see, that's one of the biggest things that always gets me about theist behavior. They hardly ever speak out or police their own people but always get upset when an outside group criticizes them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by thegagefather

I challenge any sensible Christian who watches this video to explain to me how Christianity (and organized religion in general) is not harmful to society.

And don't tell me "it would happen anyways." This is happening because a pastor told a bunch of people this is what they should believe, no way around it.

What that group is doing is very harmful. They don't speak for all Chrisitans because most Christians aren't out running their mouths about what other people do, they concentrate on their own life, not everyone elses. If you are willing to narrow it to "Christians of this ilk" or "that group of supposed Christians", then my answer would be that they DO harm society. They not only cause strife and irritation in society against other people, they cause irritation against ALL Christians, even those who are not affiliated with those bigoted, egotistical snots at all. They make all Christians seem like them and that's not the case. They spend all their time judging others instead of tending to their own lives.
In my opinion, they aren't Christian at all. They claim to be, just as the Pharisees claimed to follow God yet crucified Christ. They are destroying Christianity, not building it up, they are also trying to tear down everyone else around them.
I guess it's time that people who are Christians and live by Christ's words actually stand up and choose this battle. Those people do not speak for me nor do they speak for any of the other Christians I know. They are a disgusting, bigoted, self righteous, hate filled group that I will not accept as a Christian in any way, shape or form. They are inherently stupid, unable to learn and a plight on humanity.
How's that?

I don't care if ALL christians say it or not.

Christians are the ones saying it. Therefore, they're being harmful to society.
Right here - before your eyes - you see Christians being harmful - yet you say "well it's not me."

Cool dude. There were Germans who stood by and let the rest of the Nazis kill the Jews, too.

You don't see non-christians getting together to burn Qu'rans and talk about putting gays in concentration camps - you only see religious groups, and in American, specifically Christians doing it.

I feel like you'll say anything, as long as you don't take the blame for what the people under your banner are doing.

That said - please answer my question - how is Christianity and other organized religions not a boon on society? And don't avoid it by saying "it's not all of us."

One last time - just to be clear - these are Christian groups talking about putting people in concentration camps.

Own up to it. And if you can't own up to it, perhaps it's time to find a new ideology. One that doesn't condone genocide. It doesn't really matter what the book says, if the entire community is saying something else.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper is gay himself, which makes his restraint in his questioning all that more commendable. If I was interviewing somebody and she started saying black people should be fenced in and left to die off, I'd probably have strangled the fatty

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper is one of the best Journalists I have had the pleasure to work with over the years. I also had a good one in Geraldo for awhile he was dropping me intelligence from Iraq directly.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

That's just it, they're not christians. They claim to be, but they're not.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ATS is exactly the same as MSM. Sure you get a few UFO threads and Ron Paul threads, but this site is full of #. Why would you care what some fat brainwashed woman cares about? How is this even worthy of being a thread? It's just like the any MSM news story, stuff like this happens every day.

You have to love some of these Christians though, always preaching love and shoving their views unto people. It's just one big contradiction. We Christians preach love for everybody, expect for gays. We Christians love everybody, expect for Muslims and anybody that disagrees with our religion. Thou shalt not kill? Crusades, Inquisition and most war has been fought because one side says my god can beat up your god.

Not to mention the most dangerous thing about organized religion is that if anything disagrees with it, it is automatically false. /end rant.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by juleol

Exactly!

This is the root of the problem. Pure ignorance. Their false belief that homosexuals are selecting their gayness rather than simply embracing what they are, is the root of the problem.

How can we even begin to address an issue or a social problem when one side of the argument doesn't even understand the reality of the situation?

it is all choice though isn't it, nobody forced me to have sex with my wife and marry her, I choose to do it

More power to ya.
I'm pretty sure that gay ppl don't choose to be attracted to the same sex though. Just as you are attracted to women, and more specifically your wife now, gay people are attracted to their same sex. Just like you, they cannot decide what they find sexually attractive.
So we must give a definitive NO. It most certainly is not a choice. No more a choice than the choice I had to be born a white guy or Obama for being a man or for you being attracted to women. Some things we just cannot control.
If someone told me that I choose to be with women I would agree. However, I would still be considered heterosexual even if I never made the choice to engage in the act. Correct? I am not gay because I do not find my same sex attractive. Same with you. So the same rules apply to gay people. They don't become gay the moment they engage in a homosexual act. They were gay the moment they realized they are sexually attracted to their same sex.
edit on 29-5-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This isn't even about anyone's rights or freedoms. This is just propaganda for people getting sick of Christianity. So the OP get's pissed at being called black yet he doesn't realize this post was a stereotype in-itself.

You can't people can't even face your true colors. If you want to Christianities enemy then admit it. At least Islam spells it out for the world and they are the biggest 'religious sect' in the world.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You write, 'Christians are the one's saying it. Therefore they are being harmful to society. And don't avoid it by saying "it's not all of us."

Dude.

First, the fact that there exist many religious groups that are supportive of equal-rights for homosexuals only serves to demonstrate that, given the truth of the proposition that equal rights for homosexuals is an inherently good thing, it must be the case that some religious groups are promoting an inherently good thing, and are therefore excluded from those other religious groups that 'are a boon on society.' On the other hand, if we assume the truth of the proposition that equal rights for homosexuals is an inherently good thing, then some religious groups are in fact, not being harmful to society (duh). For the love of Satan's loins, go take a logic class, if this fallacy wasn't apparent from the first time you typed it.

Second, no one would be in error, or avoiding the question if they demonstrated that while some Christian groups believe X about this topic, it doesn't follow that ALL Christians not exclusive to that particular group believe X about this topic. If you don't buy this, and resort to re-assume the logic of your stated proposition, then I've got news for you, you aren't really fighting any war on stupidity, and you open your being to a hornet's nest of all manner of silly associations and beliefs to which (trust me) I know you don't subscribe. Think about this.

Third, what is your agenda? That religious or theistic beliefs automatically necessitate the property of bigotry? Please, demonstrate for the audience just exactly how it follows that theism, per se, includes bigotry as a component of religious behavior and/or belief.

Grow up, dude - blaming entire demographics for things of which only some possess said properties is not only dumb, but is also a property of fascism.

edit on 29-5-2012 by kissy princess because: My cat knocked over my lamp, and I suddenly thought, 'I should make a cup of coffee . . . with cream.'

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
This isn't even about anyone's rights or freedoms. This is just propaganda for people getting sick of Christianity. So the OP get's pissed at being called black yet he doesn't realize this post was a stereotype in-itself.

You can't people can't even face your true colors. If you want to Christianities enemy then admit it. At least Islam spells it out for the world and they are the biggest 'religious sect' in the world.

OR
It is a thread about a rather crazy man and woman who support the idea of placing ppl within the confines of electric fenses and airdropping them food till they're dead. Maybe, just maybe you missed that part.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Content of the topic aside.. The only thing Anderson Cooper "owns" is a teleprompter. Seriously.. I'm willing to bet significant amounts that every thing that little patsy says is on the board, bold and clear for him to wrinkle his big brow at. Even the things that may seem in-the-moment
edit on 29-5-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Silver Fox FTW... That woman was about as sharp as a marble. It seems she was getting frustrated with herself for being stupid...lol She literally does not have the capacity for free thought, she's a parrot or a repeater Anytime Cooper asked her for an opinion she rolled her eyes and said "The pastor said this, the pastor said that". She almost made Cooper blow his NOC...lol

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Oh my god....I hate living in NC. I am so sick of these people........

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Shame on Anderson Cooper for putting this dimwitted extremist on national TV. I thought AC had better taste than this.

This is a cheap shot at anyone who doesn't celebrate homosexuality as the kewlest thing since Cointreau-flavored lube.

AC put this dimwit on TV so all the kewl people could throw rotten tomatoes at her. Cheap entertainment.

No one in his right mind would want concentration camps for Gays.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

That's just it, they're not christians. They claim to be, but they're not.
Wow!!
The stupidity of this comment made me laugh.
Christians are surely the funniest of all religious people...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by MeesterB

How is it poor journalism? The followers of the pastor are just as bad as the pastor. If she agrees with him then she should have the ability to defend him and his statements. No one can justify putting gay people in concentration camps, regardless of who it was being interviewed.

But, since you are a Christian from the south your reply really isn't surprising.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Okay. I'll play RealSpoke. Mod's, please understand the point and context before deleting this, might take some thought; hopefully you get it. This is an analogy to help answer Spoke's question of, "How is it poor journalism?".

THIS JUST IN!

We wanted more information from RealSpoke on his obviously ignorant posts, so we did some investigative journalism.

Unavailable for direct comment was RealSpoke, but we were able to talk to his neighbor, Jared Kneehigh, who states they have been best friends since "the before times". Kneehigh stated that RealSpoke's ignorance started when they were younger and dined daily on Sear's paint chips and Elmer's "stickiness goo [sic]". Kneehigh revealed that other sources of Spoke's ignorance may have stemmed from the limited gene pool Spoke was bred from. He stated it was common knowledge, throughout the entire trailer park, that Spoke's aunt was also his sister; whom both Spoke and Kneehigh dated off and on while growing up.

"He just sorta [sic] wasn't there, you knows [sic]?" Kneehigh said as I interviewed him over Skype while he borrowed WIFI from his local VFW. When I asked Kneehigh to expound he said, "You can tell when someone isn't there, unless you are talking about you self [sic] I suppose."

At the end of the interview Kneehigh stated that he's sure RealSpoke would agree with his views on evolution, which seem to include a strong emphasis on "keeping it in the family" as a way to "super evolve" the mind into ignorant bliss.

Great article huh? Nothing lazy about the journalism here right? Want to make someone look bad; talk to the dumbest person associated with a subject; and expose that as the propaganda piece to the world as some sort of anti-commercial to steer people AWAY from any real truth. But, I wouldn't expect your inbred, paint eating, glue sniffing ignorance to understand that; well, at least according to Kneehigh anyway.... ;-)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Ya know, it's been said that freedom is not free; you have to fight for it. Well, I think it should be the same for Freedom of Speech. If one is uneducated they shouldn't be given this right automatically. Freedom of speech has to be earned, just like everything else in life. We should all have to carry an I.Q. card that proves we've taken a test. Take the woman in the clip, for instance. If her I.Q. card showed her I.Q. to be 70, then it should be illegal for her to give an opinion in public, and it should be illegal for her to be interviewed on television.

Sorry, we can't interview you because you're stupid.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am normally against all forms of violence, and am usually proud to say so out loud in public.

That being said, I have no qualms to being drafted, picking up a rifle, and making North Carolina forcefully succeed from the US.

Those people are not American.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join