It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

delete
edit on 29-5-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jiggerj

hahah

Did you hear the original pastors comments? He can't even say the word against properly, he says "AGIN",

"BIBLE AGINNIT, GOD AGINNIT, IM AGINNIT, AND IF YOU GOT ANY SENSE YOU AGGINIT"

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

How about fondling little boys, you ok with that?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

Why does every Christian think they are the ones that are practicing "real Christianity"? It's so childish. Just admit all of you are more than likely wrong.

Almost as childish as judging christians for judging.
Or claiming to not be bigoted while making assumptions based on location or religion or ideology.

I never approved or disapproved on the pastor's statement, yet you took my comment and assumed that I supported it. Childish.

Someone with an ounce of critical thinking skill can see I made the ridiculous claim that you fall for journalism ploys because you are black to draw attention to your earlier attack and to allow you to display your ignorance by eating up the race bait. Way to fall into the stereotype that black people get overly offended, even blinded, by race.

This thread is a boiling septic tank of hypocrisy and bigotry, but most of you can't see it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by juleol

Exactly!

This is the root of the problem. Pure ignorance. Their false belief that homosexuals are selecting their gayness rather than simply embracing what they are, is the root of the problem.

How can we even begin to address an issue or a social problem when one side of the argument doesn't even understand the reality of the situation?

it is all choice though isn't it, nobody forced me to have sex with my wife and marry her, I choose to do it

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I'm not bashing Christians as her concentration camp views don't really represent Christian values in the first place...

LOL I keep hearing comments like this. Her views don't represent Christian values. The Christian that killed a doctor from an abortion clinic wasn't representing christian values. Pedophile priests don't represent Christian values. The lunatics of the Westboro Baptist Church don't represent Christian values. Well, are there ANY Christians representing Christian values????
edit on 5/29/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

as there are billions of Christians, then yeah, I'm pretty sure there are *shakes head*

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What was this thread about..Oh oh putting people behind walls thats right. What about these people living behind this wall Hmm.

and these people

Hmmm nice wall, who built this?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I'm not bashing Christians as her concentration camp views don't really represent Christian values in the first place...

LOL I keep hearing comments like this. Her views don't represent Christian values. The Christian that killed a doctor from an abortion clinic wasn't representing christian values. Pedophile priests don't represent Christian values. The lunatics of the Westboro Baptist Church don't represent Christian values. Well, are there ANY Christians representing Christian values????
edit on 5/29/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and the public nailed him to a cross and killed him 2000 years ago. Since then, not a single person has.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

reply to post by juleol

Exactly!

This is the root of the problem. Pure ignorance. Their false belief that homosexuals are selecting their gayness rather than simply embracing what they are, is the root of the problem.

How can we even begin to address an issue or a social problem when one side of the argument doesn't even understand the reality of the situation?

it is all choice though isn't it, nobody forced me to have sex with my wife and marry her, I choose to do it

You wouldn't have if she hadn't agreed, and THAT is where the issue lies. If two adults of the same gender AGREE, then it is between them, not between them and YOU.

I've decided that I'm against you marrying, so you are no longer married. Go ahead and move out of the house that you and your wife live in and just tear up your marriage certificate and throw the rings in the trash. You're not married anymore.

what? I don't get to make that decision? hmmmm, yet you are trying to make the decision for two other people, what's the difference?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Yeah but the whole thing is I don't claim to be right or spreading Gods word, I admit that I could possibly be wrong, religious people usually don't.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

You wouldn't have if she hadn't agreed, and THAT is where the issue lies. If two adults of the same gender AGREE, then it is between them, not between them and YOU.

sorry what, you appear to be arguing with someone else- I never once said I want to interefere in the sex lives of individuals, what is this nonsense?

I am making the point that people are not robots, we make choices, I choose to have sex with my wife and thankfully she reciprocates

I've decided that I'm against you marrying, so you are no longer married. Go ahead and move out of the house that you and your wife live in and just tear up your marriage certificate and throw the rings in the trash. You're not married anymore.

what? I don't get to make that decision? hmmmm, yet you are trying to make the decision for two other people, what's the difference?

this is weird, seriously, are you responding to someone else?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Is it prejudice to hate the southern accent? It just makes the woman in the clip sound even more stupid.

I have lived in the south and in the northeast. People in the northeast are far "dumber" than anyone I've seen in the south. So yes, it is prejudice to hate the southern accent. ....of course the woman in the clip IS an idiot, but that's beside the point.

Ah beg yor pardin, sar. I do hail from the Nor'east an' I am agin the Kennedy accent as much as the suthin accent. I, sar, am an equal accent disliker. Now Um gonna go pahk the car and warsh some dishes.

Is the weather forcast calling for it to be "making down" later this evening?
shew, I sure don't miss their vernacular!!

Making down? Never heard of it. That's from up here?

Yeah, that's the Pennsylvania Dutch bunch

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by MeesterB
Seems like poor journalism to me. This woman is obviously incapable of arguing the pastor's position, so why not go to the pastor himself? He would probably have the best chance of defending his statement. However, it does make the pastor seem ignorant by proxy, so maybe that's what anderson cooper was aiming for. Distasteful.

I'm a Christian from the deep south, and I'm far from neanderthal. In fact, ignorant people are going to be ignorant, regardless of religion. So, that was a cheap shot, mr.

I'm a Christian from the south and I am supportive of Gay Rights, the right for them to marry and am far from a Neantderthal. It's not Christians from the south that are the problem, it's the fundamentalist evangelical cultist Christians from every part of the country that is the problem.

As you state that you are a Christian, please provide your definition of a "fundamental evangelical Christian"?

I'll tell you mine - fundamentals of Christ are the laws, precepts and rules of our Holy scripture. An evangelical is one who spreads the good news of the gospel.

So please tell me brethren, why are you against Christ?

My definition is 'bible thumping hypocrites"...the short version anyway. I'm not against Christ at all, just against the bible thumping hypocrites that pretend to be Christian but aren't.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Exactly!

How very disingenuous of you. The acts of having sex and marrying your wife are done out of choice but that's not what's being discussed here as well you know. Your sexual attraction to females isn't a choice, and neither is a homosexual's attraction to other men. But you knew that, didn't you?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
How very disingenuous of you. The acts of having sex and marrying your wife are done out of choice but that's not what's being discussed here as well you know. Your sexual attraction to females isn't a choice, and neither is a homosexual's attraction to other men. But you knew that, didn't you?

It is most certainly being discussed isn't it- don't be so prissy.

People talk a lot of nonsense as if human beings are wandering around doing things that they have no control over- I am making the point that, ultimately it is all a choice *unless forced*- that is not me passing judgment, I don't care if two men wish to have sex, still nothing less than a choice though

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse. You didn't choose your attraction to the opposite sex, and homosexuals don't choose their attraction to the same sex. You know exactly what I'm saying so give the dumb act a rest.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse. You didn't choose your attraction to the opposite sex, and homosexuals don't choose their attraction to the same sex. You know exactly what I'm saying so give the dumb act a rest.

Cease with your nonsense- it is all about choice, and how we choose to react to whatever we are feeling, how we translate our feelings/urges into the physical- now what is so hard to understand about that?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

So you chose to be sexually attracted to women? It was a conscious decision and not biological?
edit on 29-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

sorry what, you appear to be arguing with someone else- I never once said I want to interefere in the sex lives of individuals, what is this nonsense?

I am making the point that people are not robots, we make choices, I choose to have sex with my wife and thankfully she reciprocates

this is weird, seriously, are you responding to someone else?

Nope, it's to you, directly to you and you know why.... and so does everyone else. Don't play dumb with me either (like you're trying to do with the other poster)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by MeesterB

Yeah but the whole thing is I don't claim to be right or spreading Gods word, I admit that I could possibly be wrong, religious people usually don't.

no, that's just the bible thumpers, the rest of us know we're wrong on a regular basis and admit it

Those of us who are really Christian as opposed to the thumpers let our actions speak louder than our words. We treat people with decency and try to live a good life, helping others when we can instead of shouting at them that they're going to burn in hell...which they probably aren't but you can't get that through the heads of the thumpers
Granted, we get just as grumpy as anyone else, we're only human,... but that bunch spends more time on everybody else's destination than on their own and it may just bite them in the rear
edit on 29-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I challenge any sensible Christian who watches this video to explain to me how Christianity (and organized religion in general) is not harmful to society.

And don't tell me "it would happen anyways." This is happening because a pastor told a bunch of people this is what they should believe, no way around it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join