It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

She can't deffend it because there is no way to diffend that. It's such an ignorant, self centered statement to condone to death a person or people because of the way they were born. Those religious "people" should re-examin their priorities before one of their own is born gay and will be rejected because he/she was brought into this world being hated for something that is out of their hands. Religion brings such a divide between humans it's morronic. I'm supprised we haven't moved pass this tool of controle after all those milleniums. The meek shall inherit the earth and religion is everything but.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Some of the nicest people on earth. I'd take there ideology (who doesn't hurt anybody) over your petty name calling any day.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
and people like her vote for republicans 99% of the time, at least in the south...what's alarming to me is the inability to use reason, and common sense. this is the exact reason alot of people in the south are labeled stupid, they live in this biblical culture, where bible law supercedes logic and critical thinking. religous fanatics are dangerous no matter if they are muslim, christian, or jewish. the similarities in thought processes are the same in each.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Hey!!! Wait a minute, oh never mind, you are actually right on the money. Although, I don't think it is unique to the deep south, I think it is fundamental religious fanatics all over the country and world, but we certainly have more than our fair share in the deep south.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Absurd ignorant reasoning. "THE FRINGE IS NOW MAIN STREAM."
Holy Crap Batman the leaf has just become the entire TREE.
Get big Pharm and the Military to END that sob
LOl LOL LOL

I guess if you don't think these nutjobs at Liberty U are "main stream" that's your gig. Unfortunately, they are. When a Presidential nominee adresses the school, you better believe it. Now as to the other inanity you spouted, I can't help you with that.

CJ

liberty u. doesn't believe in liberty...it only believes in living by the bible. the bible opposes freedom, liberty, and human rights. what i want to know is WHY is this so difficult to understand, and believe?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Why do you think they're Christian? They are incapable of a semi-intelligent original thought longer than four words.

Everything else, they either heard from Bobby Joe, Billy Joe, Tommy Joe, Barry Joe, or their pastor who is also their brother who is also their father.

Something like that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I thought it was pretty clear cut. When someone says they want to put homosexuals behind an electric fence until they die, that sounds pretty literal to me. What else would I need explained? The size of the fence? The voltage? I don't think the pastor was speaking figuratively or metaphorically. The only thing that needs explanation is that lady's line of thinking. She seems to think the pastor only meant that homosexuality needs to stop, and if that is true, then why bring up electric fences if that is not something you would welcome as a solution?

When Hitler said he wanted to exterminate the Jews, you would have to be crazy to think he just meant that he merely wanted them out of his country, or that he just didn't like them.
edit on 29-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
and people like her vote for republicans 99% of the time, at least in the south...

People like the new black panthers that want to "kill some cracker babies" and want to hang white people vote Democrat 100% of the time. Whats your point?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Even when those democrats are mostly "crackers"?
edit on 29-5-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Honestly I feel sorry for her because she has such a narrow black and white view
of the world. I grew up in a church like this pretty much like this and even had Worsley
as a guest pastor at the former church. Way back then I think his topic was rock music,
witchcraft on tv (heavy on attacking the cartoon smurfs). She probably doesn't know much
about the bible except the "God said it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" verse
and whatever the pastor says.

The reason why I feel sorry for her is that she really believes she is helping people thinking
like this. That is one of the saddest part from these types of churches. In a lot of ways the
ridicule that people are giving her strengthens her belief that she is doing the right thing
(us against the world). These small independent churches like this instill a family like
atmosphere if you fit in and go with the flow. If you go against the flow in any way you are
back sliding and that love is withdrawn until you get your act together. This restriction of love
is not just for gay people. It extended to divorcees, someone that drinks, associated with
someone of other beliefs, having contradictory beliefs than those of the pastor etc.

This is how my relationship with my pastor went from being the kid singing in church,
being hugged and seemingly loved by everyone to having the pastor threaten to cut off my
head for my abomination and writing me off. The withdrawal of love from the entire
congregation and even family members is hard until you figure out that family does not
always have to be blood relation and it is better to let go of these toxic push and pull
relationships than extend not true love but, control.

The thing is that if she extended love to gay people most likely she would be cut off from
the congregation (her family) until she repented for associating with people such as this.

It is a no win situation to a degree. I feel sad for her because she turns away true friendship
and loyalty for control that extends and retracts love based on her free will. True love accepts
as you are, not who someone thinks they can mold you into.

edit on 29/5/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Being OK with babtising dead people of other religions is kinda worrying though...I mean, they sanctioned babtising Anne Frank for crying out loud. Also, I would like to know if he's a fundamentalist who believes in magic underwear. Because if that's the case, he shouldn't be anywhere the nuclear codes

It's not the mainstream, but they are dedicated to those beliefs and those particular beliefs don't harm anyone, so I'm ok with them.
My understanding of the baptism of the dead is so they would be "eligible" to accept salvation but not required to. I don't know that it's necessary, but they put value on it and it doesn't harm anyone, so they can have at it I guess.
Same with the special undergarmets. They're not harming anyone, so they are welcome to them.
Just my opinion of course.

Saying that it does not hurt anything is completely wrong. I know of ex mormons who had big part of their life ruined due to growing up as a mormon. Even though she moved to Europe they are still nagging her.

There are plenty of sad stories if you check out some ex mormon forums.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

what did I just watch?
/facepalm

It's like she doesn't have two brain cells to rub together to produce a coherent thought.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

and people like her vote for republicans 99% of the time, at least in the south...

People like the new black panthers that want to "kill some cracker babies" and want to hang white people vote Democrat 100% of the time. Whats your point?

Can you prove they vote democrat 100% of the time. Or is they are black so they obviously vote for the left?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

really, isn't that a disgusting gross generalisation- regardless of the mental shortcomings of this individual

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why do these people always use the they can't reproduce so they can't get married crap. So people who are born sterile or have had surgery so they can't have children shouldn't be allowed to marry also using her "logic".

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Can you prove they vote democrat 100% of the time. Or is they are black so they obviously vote for the left?

don't blacks vote something like 90% for the Democrats, so it is fair to say the "black panthers" are not going to buck this trend- if 90% of ordinary blacks vote Democrat then fair to say close to 1000% of these black panther nutters would vote democrat as opposed to republican

Yes, quite obvious?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
She acts like the idea of putting a group of people in a concentration is nothing and everyone should just move past it to the real point of his argument, which was... uh...

Which was that same sex couples cannot reproduce, fact...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I saw this LIVE & LOVED it. Bi@tch got OWNED. So hard for Cooper to keep a straight face,

EDIT: Who cares if they can't reproduce? Their mama & daddies who squirted them out were most likely straight. Like putting them in the camps is gonna shut down all gays? They are being born everyday to straight, loving mom and dads.
edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Someone needs to ask these people the following.

-If God doesn't like homosexuals then why does he make so many of them?

I want to know what their response is. It blows my mind that in 2012 we have modern Americans thinking like children from the 14th century. It's truly mind boggling.

I have no problems with Christians. I believe in Jesus. What I have a problem with, is those who call themselves Christians and yet they are the exact opposite of what the term is supposed to imply. The whole idea that "my religion is better than yours and you're gonna burn in hell" has no place in today's world. It's pathetic how much judgement takes place by those who cannot pass the 6th grade. These people have lived their entire lives without being able to produce an original thought. For to stray from the word is blasphemy, so they stay ignorant to everything else. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have wanted us to stay stuck in a judgemental, ignorant, stagnant mindset. If God gave us minds, we should use them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Someone needs to ask these people the following.

-If God doesn't like homosexuals then why does he make so many of them?

I want to know what their response is. It blows my mind that in 2012 we have modern Americans thinking like children from the 14th century. It's truly mind boggling.

I have no problems with Christians. I believe in Jesus. What I have a problem with, is those who call themselves Christians and yet they are the exact opposite of what the term is supposed to imply. The whole idea that "my religion is better than yours and you're gonna burn in hell" has no place in today's world. It's pathetic how much judgement takes place by those who cannot pass the 6th grade. These people have lived their entire lives without being able to produce an original thought. For to stray from the word is blasphemy, so they stay ignorant to everything else. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have wanted us to stay stuck in a judgemental, ignorant, stagnant mindset. If God gave us minds, we should use them.

I can already tell you that the response would be that they choose to be gay and was not born that way or have been cursed by something evil. This is how far in the past these people live, even though science has shown again and again that they were wrong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join