It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Don't hate on Neanderthal! It's quite possible that many people in Europe (and also myself) are related to them! To me it seems more likely that they interbred with Homo Sapiens than Homo Sapiens committed genocide against them.

It would be more appropriate to compare her to the common ancestor from which chimp and human originally branched off

What's new pussy cats? Woo WWoo wo wo. T. Jones
I am a Giant mighty Christan in the face of puny withered others.
What ca got ??

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Not really. I don't have a conscious pre-concieved notion about the sex of conspiracy theorists.

Humans and most other animals have a biologically wired instinct of survival. If I see some guy/girl waving a gun around, I'm probably going to run away or fight. By making the assumption that he/she is violent and plans to shoot me is a GOOD ASSUMPTION that isn't based off prejudiced or opinion, it is basic survival instinct.

For you to try and put some negative spin that all assumptions are equal to bigotry is living in a fantasy land. That sort of mindset is only practical if you live in an area with few real dangers. There are so many assumption people make that protect them from being robbed, killed, raped, exploited and against government tyranny.

People assumed that legislators would use the SOPA bill in a tyrannical fashion. Was that bigoted or just common sense? You have to see the difference between the two. Earth isn't a utopia.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Dumb bitch

She dont even know wtf shes onabout.

"BURN THE GAYS" I can imagine her just spouting crap like this because shes around dingies like her self.

Seriously, this bitch is dumb - Defo a 8 out of 10 scale dumb.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'd reply here in a more informed fashion, but I can't, as I wasn't able to listen to that woman for more than a few seconds.

If Cooper had questions regarding what some pastor said, he should have gone to the source. Instead he decided to publicly blackball an obviously completely inept fluoride victim, in an attempt to lend credence to his argument.

= weak, lame, and cowardly... but not surprising

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Well, judging from the interview she's demonstrably dumb...and against the Constitution.

btw, thank you for being the other "sane" person on this thread, I appreciate your presence.

Thanks...I just HATE intolerance unless it's against intolerant people

Contrary to what my profile pic suggests, I don't hate religious people...just had a good chat with a monk at Wat Po temple in Thailand, and he was respecting my atheist views like I respected his. I only have an issue with people trying to force their religious views on others (teaching creationism in science classes, etc) or punishing others for not sharing their twisted bat# crazy religious views (concentration camps, suicide bombers).

Then why don't you print out every nasty post you make here ripping Christians to shreds and show him what you really think and see what the monk says then. Likely he will be more judicious than you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The pastor and the woman in the video are not Christian, so "Christian basher" doesn't apply

Then why are you filling this entire thread with hateful Christian bashing? Do you imagine yourself better than them? Or wait, you say you are a Southern Christian, so I guess you only hate the Christians who have other opinions than you. But, wait, they are not Christians because they believe they are adhering to the Bible...

edit on 29-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Funny how these fundamentalists from all religions hold very similar beliefs. This woman views are closer to those of the Muslim extremist than they are of the average Christian. Yet when one tries to claim all Muslims are not extreme fundamentalists you are labelled a "muslim sympathiser" by the same people defending this womans actions and moaning about Christian Bashing.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I think I just got dumber from listening to her.

Religion, tends to be synonymous with people who retain low IQ's. Not in every instance, but they still commonly co-occur.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Sure, now blame it on the interviewer. You want to know what a cheap shot is, saying that all homosexuals need to be behind fences and than dancing around the question and saying people interpret it in different ways. If the woman didn't want to be interviewed than she could just say no. And what would make a differences if you actually interviewed the pastor who said it. It's just disgusting what he said, and the only thing he can do now is dance around the question like this ignorant woman did..

You know, people's respect are really crumbling down when its about Christianity these days.
I want to be respectful and i always will be, but Christians (The most i have encountered) are making it so hard for the people to respect them, because they just don't show it back. They only show their true nature these days, blindly following what a book thousands of years said and judging everyone who doesn't think like them.

And also one thing that i don't understand. Christians are so against gay people because God doesn't like them and thinks they should be stoned. But why do you follow that, and the rule that all woman's should be submissive in church, you don't? Oh that's right because you just pick and choose what to follow..

Have fun worshiping a God who wants to stone rebelling child's. And think handicapped people profane his altar. And a hundred other atrocities.

But he loves you!

Only if you bow to his knee's and praise him. If not, he doesn't like you, and wants to have you tortured and burned in a lake of fire.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Seems like poor journalism to me. This woman is obviously incapable of arguing the pastor's position, so why not go to the pastor himself? He would probably have the best chance of defending his statement. However, it does make the pastor seem ignorant by proxy, so maybe that's what anderson cooper was aiming for. Distasteful.

I'm a Christian from the deep south, and I'm far from neanderthal. In fact, ignorant people are going to be ignorant, regardless of religion. So, that was a cheap shot, mr.

Not only that, but why isn't CNN doing stories on the new black panthers and the crazy # they've been seeing lately? Oh, CNN isn't trying to paint black people as stupid and violent, just white Christians.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Not really. I don't have a conscious pre-concieved notion about the sex of conspiracy theorists.

Humans and most other animals have a biologically wired instinct of survival. If I see some guy/girl waving a gun around, I'm probably going to run away or fight. By making the assumption that he/she is violent and plans to shoot me is a GOOD ASSUMPTION that isn't based off prejudiced or opinion, it is basic survival instinct.

For you to try and put some negative spin that all assumptions are equal to bigotry is living in a fantasy land. That sort of mindset is only practical if you live in an area with few real dangers. There are so many assumption people make that protect them from being robbed, killed, raped, exploited and against government tyranny.

People assumed that legislators would use the SOPA bill in a tyrannical fashion. Was that bigoted or just common sense? You have to see the difference between the two. Earth isn't a utopia.

That is very different from the situation being discussed. Making the assumption that anyone who claims to be a Christian is automatically homophobic is bigoted. Making the assumption that anyone who is southern is an evangelical cultist is bigoted. Making the assumption that any black man is a gang-banging thug is bigoted. The examples you are giving are very different situations than the situation that is taking place. The situation that is taking place here are bigoted assumptions based on stereotypes.
You are giving examples of entirely different situations where there is immediate danger involving violence. The situation that has transpired here involves two people having a dislike of an opinion and making blanket statements based on stereotypes due to the assumptions they have about a group of people and that is bigoted. It's not to say that all assumptions are automatically wrong, but they are still based on bigotry regardless of whether they hold up to any given situation or not. A bigoted assumption that results in a stereotype that turns out to be true for a particular case does not make it no longer bigoted.
Until we are all more conscious of our assumptions and bigotry, and yes, every single person in the world has some form of bigotry, even me, although many of us try to be aware of our bigotry and not allow it to form our opinions for us, until we are all more conscious, homophobia will continue, racism will continue, prejudice will continue. We have to make the effort to put an end to the incorrect stereotypes that exist and put an end to the hatred that is fueled by them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The pastor and the woman in the video are not Christian, so "Christian basher" doesn't apply

Then why are you filling this entire thread with hateful Christian bashing? Do you imagine yourself better than them? Or wait, you say you are a Southern Christian, so I guess you only hate the Christians who have other opinions than you. But, wait, they are not Christians because they believe they are adhering to the Bible...

And here is an example of why there are bigoted stereotypes of Christians as a whole. The loud, the quarrelsome, the contentious. This is why people form the bigoted opinions of Christians as a whole. Thirdeye does not speak for all Christians, nor does he speak for even a general group of them. He throws his own opinion around and touts that he is Christian, giving all of them a bad name instead of specifying that it's his own opinon and views.
Thank you for giving an example of what I was explaining and showing everyone that blanket statements about any group (Christians, southerners, inner city populations, blacks, whites, etc) are bigoted and prejudice as displayed by your actions.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Funny how these fundamentalists from all religions hold very similar beliefs. This woman views are closer to those of the Muslim extremist than they are of the average Christian. Yet when one tries to claim all Muslims are not extreme fundamentalists you are labelled a "muslim sympathiser" by the same people defending this womans actions and moaning about Christian Bashing.

And this post is a great example of how just a small amount of specification shows the difference between a small group as opposed to a whole. This poster says "fundamentalists from all religions" instead of just shouting "The Christians". This is what we need to do to remove the veil of bigotry against large groups and focus on those who are really responsible.

.... and I agree with you woodwardjnr

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I just want to clarify that I do agree with you on most subjects and am only trying to show a concept to all people, not attacking you personally at all. I do enjoy your posts and see you as an intelligent, informed poster. Please don't take any of this personally as that's not what it's meant to be at all.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
Absurd ignorant reasoning. "THE FRINGE IS NOW MAIN STREAM."
Holy Crap Batman the leaf has just become the entire TREE.
Get big Pharm and the Military to END that sob
LOl LOL LOL

I guess if you don't think these nutjobs at Liberty U are "main stream" that's your gig. Unfortunately, they are. When a Presidential nominee adresses the school, you better believe it. Now as to the other inanity you spouted, I can't help you with that.

CJ

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Christians in the Deep South are the closest thing to Neanderthals that you will ever see.

Unbelievable.

You got that right, HangTheTraitors. I live in Southern Ohio, and people (Christians) here are constantly railing about Homosexuality and how it is ruining this country, and destroying marriage, and so on, and so on. Cooper makes a good point, Gay couples do not beget Gay babies, Gay babies come from Straight couples. The reason I believe Homosexuality is a natural act is simple, there are 1,500 animal species that practice homosexuality. If it is not a completely natural thing to do, then why do all of these animals do it?
List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

If you made a statement and I heard it, would you consider it fair for me to go on and try to explain what you meant?

That is one person talking, friend. The Pastor spoke in a public forum, to a group of brainwashed people. The truth is, if he tells them to go forth and kill Gay people, at least some of them will. To me, what the preacher is saying as akin to Hate Speech. I would love to engage this specimen in a debate on his beliefs. Did you notice the woman getting angry there near the end? This is what they do when you dispute them.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

edit on 5/29/2012 by disgustingfatbody because: VIDEO NOT LOADING

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Geographical location does NOT determine the character of a person, nor does theological affiliation, nor does race. You are being as bigoted as the ideas you say you are against.

No, it does not. I think the [thought] was of the so called "Bible Belt" Christians. May I ask if your views are common knowledge among the other members of your church, and does your preacher know what you think about it? I am not attempting to draw you out, PurpleChiten, just wanting to know. I know a Lesbian woman in my town. She is a Christian, but is forced to hide what she is so that she can attend church. We had a long discussing on this as I was repairing her laptop. She found out I was a Wiccan, and asked my views on Gays. Of course Wiccans do not demonize other for what they do, or think, so I told her. It was then that she took a change and confided in me. I felt sorry for her, truth be known. One should not have to pretend to be someone else, ever.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I hear the voices of condemnation, you sir are a hypocrit. Christain bashing is fun sport, although this woman is a sad excuse for a christain. I have seen no outrage for the vile comments made and endorsed by the New Black Idiots I mean Panthers. Let stupid people be stupid, let's move on with the work at hand and fix some of these problems, less talking more action.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join