It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Owns Christian Nutcase

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I bet she's the most intelligent and articulate member of the congregation. What an embarrassment.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by longjohnbritches

How does that exactly make him a nut case?

Not that I like him or any other MSM talking head, I just don't get how that makes him crazy.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Do you have a medical diagnosis for the lady in the vid?

Morbid obesity and chronic ignorance.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kissy princess
Because the interviewee is a dim-wit, and fails to offer serious, hardcore philosophical justification for her bigotry, this alone doesn't satisfy the criteria for 'poor journalism,' rather, it only demonstrates that she is dumb and embarrassed herself.

Second, because it wasn't difficult for Cooper to serve the woman her own ass, this too alone doesn't satisfy the criteria for poor journalism.

Third, although the dumb-woman is not the Pastor that preached this drivel, she obviously (and probably enthusiastically) volunteered for this opportunity to explain her Church's view on the issue - and this too doesn't satisfy the criteria for poor journalism. With this in mind, it is a safe bet that the Pastor himself would have resorted to similar nonsense to justify his hateful sermon. If anyone actually thinks about the issue of the moral permissibility of homosexuality (not to be confused with their 'feelings' about homosexuality, as with their 'feelings' about raspberry ice-cream), especially within the context of its ambiguity within religious traditions, they would undoubtedly offer better arguments than that which these yahoos can dish.

Poor journalism? Not really; though for me, it was more entertaining than educational.
edit on 29-5-2012 by kissy princess because: You know, I actually used a comma when a dash was more appropriate.

"One of the leading voices in the U.S. on the subject of Journalistic Standards and Ethics is the Society of Professional Journalists. The Preamble to its Code of Ethics states:

...public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility."
en.m.wikipedia.org...

It did none of those things, therefore the entire interview SERVED ANOTHER PURPOSE. Do not let your emotions about the subject cloud your judgement as to what is poor journalism. You do in the choice of words in your posts what Anderson Cooper did to that woman with just video - there was no information, certainly no balance, no fair and comprehensive accounting of opinion - it was designed to blaspheme Christ in the minds of Godless Americans who already have been indoctrinated to believe that Christians, no matter the level of faith, are all the same. - evil. And you are falling for it because you've fallen for their agenda - to make the Godless army that fights Christ upon His Second Coming.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by Snausage
how can people with these kinds of "opinions" live freely in a world like this and not get flak from everyone around them?

I used to talk to a lot of people over the phone every day. I would wonder how they held a job. Some were business owners. They were angry and daft, but carried on like they were important. Some wanted me to admit that I loved The Lord so they'd feel more comfortable talking to me

The general consensus in our call center was that noreasterners were the hardest to get along with. We actually took a poll
I found southerners to be more dishonest, slow, and hateful. I'm sure it was because of our location, Oklahoma that the noreasterners won. There are people here who are loud and proud to be ignorant.
edit on 30-5-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

I can't really refute that based on the population "at large". I know there are good individuals in all the places and know many patient, brilliant southerners and even a few from the north east who are actually meek and mild (granted, they are usually transplants, but they're up there).

edit on 30-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
To allign yourself and fully subscribe to ANY religion/prepackaged belief system or school of thought is by extension already ignorance of the highest order but there are those who take ignorance to a whole new level undreamt of by even the most ignorant brain dead follower.

I pray for people like this because...........what else CAN you do?
You can't exactly BEAT the ignorance out of them.
I suppose you could put them behind an electric fence and let them kill themselves off as they curse the
demons in the fence who wield the power of electricity. But then, we would be no better than they.

There you go, we'll let them go ahead and build their fence, they can't possibly be able to follow directions and build it correctly anyway, then, just as they're finishing up with all the help from their loyal followers, we stick the gate up trapping them inside the fence of their own desire and sit back, eat popcorn and watch as they tear one another apart. It's their idea afterall, they may as well enjoy it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by MeesterB
Seems like poor journalism to me. This woman is obviously incapable of arguing the pastor's position, so why not go to the pastor himself? He would probably have the best chance of defending his statement. However, it does make the pastor seem ignorant by proxy, so maybe that's what anderson cooper was aiming for. Distasteful.

I'm a Christian from the deep south, and I'm far from neanderthal. In fact, ignorant people are going to be ignorant, regardless of religion. So, that was a cheap shot, mr.

I couldn't agree more! Christian and Southern myself, and can state that most such as ourselves are nothing like this woman. Seems clear to me she was chosen, instead of the pastor, because they knew she couldn't answer a question properly. They probably talked to several people in order to locate the most uneducated church member. That way they don't get the story from the person that made the comments (which would have been real journalism), and they get to mock people from a certain region. Typical of his program, from what I have seen. Far from what I would call news.

I disagree, the church congregation and pastor himself probably chose her as the media spokesperson because she was the best and brightest they had... which is pretty darn frightening!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Anderson Cooper is intelligent, quick minded, homosexual and has HIS PULPIT in YOUR living room every night. His audience is thousands of times bigger than this pastors.

North Carolina had just passed their Constitutional amendment defining marriage between a man and a woman, despite a massive campaign to seek voters who would oppose it. They lost.

People keep writing that he "owned her", yet, if a heterosexual reporter had interviewed a homosexual with the same complete lack of debate skills, then he would be seen as a BULLY. Bullies always pick on someone who is weaker than themselves. Always. Therefore, Anderson cooper is a public bully, yet people lap it up instead of concluding that it was an unfair interview. She was incapable of expressing herself.

Why do you keep changing things??? You go on and on about how the homosexuals are in the minority and they should be wiped out, then you turn around and talk about how a majority sides with Cooper, then you go back to saying a majority don't want it because of an election that didn't include 100% voter turnout, then go back and say the majority is bullying the minority (christians), then say they're a majority, then a minority, then a majority. Seriously, your circles are making everyone dizzy. Pick one story and stick to it instead of going around and around and around and around. sheeesh

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And thank you for showing everyone here what a tolerant, good, righteous, Southern Christian you are by judging me and many others as you have. You know absolutely nothing of me or my path.

I know you're kind of psycho, but that has nothing to do with my religious beliefs, and more to do with common sense. I'm just versatile that way

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Dudette, actually. Of course it's unfair journalism when you allow a person that is incapable of putting one sentence together to be the 'spokesperson' for the opposing viewpoint. It's sheer bullying, whereby the one bullied cannot even defend themselves let alone a viewpoint. I don't care if that viewpoint is the one at hand, he and his producers chose a weakling who only made their side shine like "good guys". THAT is a technique of propaganda. It is the same thing as herding people into changing their beliefs by calling them a bigot, dumb or an imbecile. Those tactics work only on those who have no higher moral truth.

OMG I just figured it out!!! YOU are the woman in the video and that's why you're so upset!!!
Oh wait, she was even more of an....well,she was worse than even you are. You aunt maybe? Your daughter? Niece? There's gotta be a family relation there somehow or another.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by longjohnbritches

How does that exactly make him a nut case?

Not that I like him or any other MSM talking head, I just don't get how that makes him crazy.

edit on 28-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Do you have a medical diagnosis for the lady in the vid?

Morbid obesity and chronic ignorance.

ROFLMAO!! Yup, that about sums it up!!! Star for you, I'd give you more if I could!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ya know, it's been said that freedom is not free; you have to fight for it. Well, I think it should be the same for Freedom of Speech. If one is uneducated they shouldn't be given this right automatically. Freedom of speech has to be earned, just like everything else in life. We should all have to carry an I.Q. card that proves we've taken a test. Take the woman in the clip, for instance. If her I.Q. card showed her I.Q. to be 70, then it should be illegal for her to give an opinion in public, and it should be illegal for her to be interviewed on television.

Sorry, we can't interview you because you're stupid.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ya know, it's been said that freedom is not free; you have to fight for it. Well, I think it should be the same for Freedom of Speech. If one is uneducated they shouldn't be given this right automatically. Freedom of speech has to be earned, just like everything else in life. We should all have to carry an I.Q. card that proves we've taken a test. Take the woman in the clip, for instance. If her I.Q. card showed her I.Q. to be 70, then it should be illegal for her to give an opinion in public, and it should be illegal for her to be interviewed on television.

Sorry, we can't interview you because you're stupid.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Funny how these fundamentalists from all religions hold very similar beliefs. This woman views are closer to those of the Muslim extremist than they are of the average Christian. Yet when one tries to claim all Muslims are not extreme fundamentalists you are labelled a "muslim sympathiser" by the same people defending this womans actions and moaning about Christian Bashing.

The problem is simple. People do not read the bible, they do not research anything not Christian, what they do is believe what a person standing in the pulpit tells them to believe. I feel sorry for that woman, she doesn't know anything at all save what the preacher told her to know and believe. At least Muslims read, and study their book, in fact, some memorize it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I have no idea what you were going on about but I would suggest that youstop looking into things so much and making everything in life a battle between the forces of good and the forces of EEEvile.

I don't even watch this douchebag nor do I give a # about homosexuals or what they do in public or private.
His pulpit isn't IN my livingroom. I have my own thoughts,ideas,and opinions. I do not go to A SINGLE PLACE of worship. NOT a CHURCH not a T.V. station not a website.

I gather information from all over the place.
Gay people are alright with me as they don't espouse hate as a group.
I go where the LOVE is.
Christianity is NOT filled with love.
It is filled with HATE as this woman so aptly exposes.

This does NOT mean that ALL christians HATE EVERYONE!!!!
This is what I will be accused of saying buy I never said it.

It means that their pre-packaged beleif system necessitates that they discriminate against anyone who doesn't
live in the manner that THEY say they should live.It is a conveiniant way to espouse a hatred that was already present long before one becomes a 'christian'.

Is it possible to adhere to the Christian faith and NOT espouse hatred?
SURE!
If you are one of those people then great.
but, from your post, it seems that you fall in line quite nicely with your bretherand.

God DAMNED Homasexyulls.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Funny how these fundamentalists from all religions hold very similar beliefs. This woman views are closer to those of the Muslim extremist than they are of the average Christian. Yet when one tries to claim all Muslims are not extreme fundamentalists you are labelled a "muslim sympathiser" by the same people defending this womans actions and moaning about Christian Bashing.

The problem is simple. People do not read the bible, they do not research anything not Christian, what they do is believe what a person standing in the pulpit tells them to believe. I feel sorry for that woman, she doesn't know anything at all save what the preacher told her to know and believe. At least Muslims read, and study their book, in fact, some memorize it.

I guess a lot of people don't understand that in order to oppose something or support something, you have to know what it's about, you have to understand it. Many of the "thumpers" don't bother reading, they just listen to what their preacher tells them and a lot of the time, he hasn't read it either. In order to put your faith into something, you need to research it, look at opposing views, find evidence to support your own view and constantly learn. Learning doesn't mean only looking at things that agree with you, learning comes from looking at opposing views.
It's a shame they don't bother looking at anything that may be even a little bit different from what their "handlers" tell them. It leaves them in the dark and very easy to manipulate. Of course, that's what the "handlers" want them to do. It's just a shame

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I have no idea what you were going on about but I would suggest that youstop looking into things so much and making everything in life a battle between the forces of good and the forces of EEEvile.

I don't even watch this douchebag nor do I give a # about homosexuals or what they do in public or private.
His pulpit isn't IN my livingroom. I have my own thoughts,ideas,and opinions. I do not go to A SINGLE PLACE of worship. NOT a CHURCH not a T.V. station not a website.

I gather information from all over the place.
Gay people are alright with me as they don't espouse hate as a group.
I go where the LOVE is.
Christianity is NOT filled with love.
It is filled with HATE as this woman so aptly exposes.

This does NOT mean that ALL christians HATE EVERYONE!!!!
This is what I will be accused of saying buy I never said it.

It means that their pre-packaged beleif system necessitates that they discriminate against anyone who doesn't
live in the manner that THEY say they should live.It is a conveiniant way to espouse a hatred that was already present long before one becomes a 'christian'.

Is it possible to adhere to the Christian faith and NOT espouse hatred?
SURE!
If you are one of those people then great.
but, from your post, it seems that you fall in line quite nicely with your bretherand.

God DAMNED Homasexyulls.

it does seem that actual "Christianity" has been ursurped by an organized religious system. That's not what it was meant to be, but it seems that's definitely what it has become. It should be a spiritual relationship between an individual and the diety that they profess to believe in, not a conglomeration of earthly leaders who tell them what to think. Even my own denomination does it, even my own little church. I just don't let my church define me. It's nothing more than a meeting place for people to come together and share in worshipping, showing honor to God, singing and praising, nothing more. If you're lucky, it can be a place to have conversations, to meet others who share your beliefs and can teach you and learn from you, but it's not a place that should control everything you do.
My opinion of course.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The important thing is that the CIA propagandist that is Anderson Cooper is still doing his job driving dialogue that increases the divide between gentile and Jew, atheist and believer.

Job well done Agent Anderson.

www.informationliberation.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Congrats to Anderson Cooper for finding someone who fits his stereotype perfectly and then putting them on TV. That's journalism folks!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I guess a lot of people don't understand that in order to oppose something or support something, you have to know what it's about, you have to understand it. Many of the "thumpers" don't bother reading, they just listen to what their preacher tells them and a lot of the time, he hasn't read it either. In order to put your faith into something, you need to research it, look at opposing views, find evidence to support your own view and constantly learn. Learning doesn't mean only looking at things that agree with you, learning comes from looking at opposing views.
It's a shame they don't bother looking at anything that may be even a little bit different from what their "handlers" tell them. It leaves them in the dark and very easy to manipulate. Of course, that's what the "handlers" want them to do. It's just a shame

I know this, and it's shame too. My own half brother went to Divinity College, I will not say which one, and he was a minister for 7 or 8 years. He lives in Michigan. I was up there, and asked him if he has read the Bible, and researched it like I have. No, he said, but I will. So he did, and then he quit the church, and told the people he was sorry for telling them lies for so long. Once a person does this, it really opens their eyes. Also, there are many websites with the truth, but sadly, most Christians refuse to even read them. Here are a few I have came across:

Debunking Christian Circular Arguments and Assumptions

The Dark History of the Vatican

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

The Dark Bible - A Short History of the Bible

God's Mistakes

Bible Atrocities

A List of Biblical Contradictions

At Least 43 Things God Hates

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity

Why Fundamentalist Churches are often Cults

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by thegagefather

That's just it, they're not christians. They claim to be, but they're not.

And if they think the same about you?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join