It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING!!! Gunman hold up in Dallas sky crane LIVE FEED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
HOpefully something will happen. it keeps PAUSING to me though. argh.

Looks to me, like a bunch of Americans sitting on a live feed ... hoping to see a man get shot.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by sarra1833
HOpefully something will happen. it keeps PAUSING to me though. argh.

Looks to me, like a bunch of Americans sitting on a live feed ... hoping to see a man get shot.

Pathetic.
Bread and circus my friend, welcome to modern day Rome.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
aww gawd,did crane guy survive the fall?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

no he did not

the site is now reporting that he did indeed die from the fall

The man who refused repeated police orders to end his 14-hour occupation of a towering construction crane on the SMU campus fell 150 feet to his death early Tuesday morning.

www.wfaa.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Originally posted by haven123

no he did not

the site is now reporting that he did indeed die from the fall

The man who refused repeated police orders to end his 14-hour occupation of a towering construction crane on the SMU campus fell 150 feet to his death early Tuesday morning.

www.wfaa.com...

Damn, that sucks. Where are those trampoline guys when you need them?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Someone who carjacks does NOT need to be shot. They need to be loved. Just like anyone else. All negativity comes from a lack of love. And love is in such short supply these days, even from family. Maybe he was gay and his family were "so called Christians". Or maybe he didn't make enough money, and was made to feel like a big worthless failure in life by his family. People today do not readily give out their love. You have to do something marvelous first to earn it. Whatever the case with this guy, whether just mental, or heartbroken, or whatever, I have no doubt in my mind that the right dose of love at the right time could've helped him. That's why you must radiate love at all times. You never know when it is going to be just what someone needed to make it through the day.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Someone who carjacks does NOT need to be shot. They need to be loved. Just like anyone else. All negativity comes from a lack of love. And love is in such short supply these days, even from family. Maybe he was gay and his family were "so called Christians". Or maybe he didn't make enough money, and was made to feel like a big worthless failure in life by his family. People today do not readily give out their love. You have to do something marvelous first to earn it. Whatever the case with this guy, whether just mental, or heartbroken, or whatever, I have no doubt in my mind that the right dose of love at the right time could've helped him. That's why you must radiate love at all times. You never know when it is going to be just what someone needed to make it through the day.

Did you just suggest that the man was a carjacker because he was gay and his family were Christians? LOL

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
you call this BREAKING? is ATS for chatting about this kind of stories or have we bigger problems at our hand?

cmon focus on more important stuff!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by capzzz

it was breaking at te time,if you dont care why coment

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
RIP crane guy.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by capzzz

you call this BREAKING? is ATS for chatting about this kind of stories or have we bigger problems at our hand?

Says the man with 22 posts.

All information is relevant, would you rather people only talk about Nibiru? We're allowed to have a range of discussions..
edit on 29-5-2012 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by capzzz

Who knew which way the story would go? Did you know how this would end?

What if this guy ended up being one of many, and cranes all over Dallas were suddenly occupied by Snipers with 50 cals? What if this guy was a distraction, up on a crane, taking pot shots at police, and meanwhile an epic heist was occuring across town?

Of course a gunman on a crane is a breaking news story, and no, there were no bigger problems at 10 p.m. last night that I noticed, did you? Was there some giant story that we all missed because we occasionally checked in on this one?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That in itself was a lie right there. There were students on campus that they in fact did not warn. They were wondering what in the **** was going on and why the campus alert wasn't deployed like it was supposed to. Were they waiting for another VT?

Campus Alert

Update at 4:12 p.m.: I received an email from an SMU student who’s quite displeased with how the university handled today’s on-campus incident. This missive arrived shortly after Brad Cheves wrapped his remarks to the media. The author prefers to remain anonymous.

I love Mr. Cheves, but I assure you that there were students on campus today when things began with the shooter. I was one of them! My friends and I were totally unaware because SMU has STILL not activated the emergency alert system. We were informing one another via text messages and Twitter because the alert system (I assume this should qualify…) was not activated. In the light of incidents at UT and VT in the last few years I believe this is unacceptable. Moreover, during the April tornadoes the alert system was activated very late and sent messages telling students to both shelter in place and that it was safe to go outside during the storm. Students I’ve talked to are very frustrated with the lack of notification of today’s incident as many of us were on or around campus, and very much potentially in danger. Would you ask why they have yet to alert us and why there have been issues with the alert system?

It seems SMU needs to get it's act together when it comes to alerting students to danger before someone is seriously injured and a lawsuit ends up being filed. If they have an alert system in place and they know students are on campus, use the alert system, that's what it's there for. If your administration set it up for the safety of students, take advantage of it.

Originally posted by popsmayhem
nothing except this

"We were informed that an unidentified man climbed a crane at our residential commons construction site," SMU spokesman Brad Cheves said. "Fortunately, the campus is closed for the Memorial Day holiday. However, upon being informed that someone had gained access to the construction site, through our SMU police we immediately began to secure and cordon off the affected area."

No students were on campus, Cheves said, noting only "essential personnel and visitors" were on the grounds. He also added that a handful of swimmers in a pool near the crane were told to leave.

Kent Best, another SMU spokesman, said earlier that the man in the crane was a suspect fleeing from Dallas police. Gutierrez said she could not confirm that report.

Police blocked off parts of the campus and much of Mockingbird Lane on the south side of the SMU campus, as well as access to a strip mall near the crane. Observers on the ground could see signs of movement in the cab if they looked through binoculars or viewfinders of cameras.

The crane cab was fully exposed to the blazing Texas sun and temperatures were in the low 90s.

Gutierrez said electricity to the crane had been cut, and she believed the radio in the cab was not affected

www.google.com...

edit on 5/29/2012 by happyhomemaker29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sounds like he was mentally ill. "waiting for my appointed time"? That's a shame it ended the way it did. I think if he had gotten some help it wouldn't have ended this way, and maybe if he had gotten some help before this all began, it wouldn't have happened to begin with. Sad.

Originally posted by seenavv
guys.... he fell & I don't think hes alive anymore
very sad

The suspect in a nearly 15 hour standoff on the SMU campus fell 150 feet from the crane's cab to the ground.
At 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, the man was hanging from the side of the cab when he fell.

www.wfaa.com...

WARNING, GRAPHIC, pic of the man falling: p.twimg.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ain't like were the ones who went
and occupied a crane threatening to jump with a gun,
don't get mad
when were interested, human nature.

Anyhoot, I highly doubt the *guy fell*
I mean he was threatening all day to jump
so I find it a little too convienent he *fell*.
Done and over with now, prayers out to his family.

I still don't believe the fell part. I am sure he was wanting to die
and did it.
edit on 29-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Did it actually show him fall and hit the ground?

I went out for a pack of cigarettes. I can't believe I missed this.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
So the criminal is dead, that was his choice. If the police had unjustly shot the guy then there would be a reason to be angry, but he decided to go out this way. He did the crime but didn't want to do the time so he jumped. How can people be so upset?

Oh, insert standard "I feel for the family" statement here along with a "void above statement if the poor fellow was crazy or mentally deficient" disclaimer...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Maybe they should use a tranquilizer dart. So that scientists can study his brain.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think the whole scene was ridiculous.

Thirty cop cars, helicopters, officers wandering around and seemingly just "hanging out".

Perhaps if you made the circus leave town, and placed a few hidden eyes on the crane, then maybe the dude would've come down on his own.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

he's dead bro
edit on 29-5-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join