It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God's reason to be a creator?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
I'm generally interested in what other people have to think about this. Why would God make anyone else? Not just from a religious point of the world and universe but in the physical sense. If something created us just as if we were to create new life what would be this creator or our reason be besides either entertainment or study.

Everything was and is created by God's will for Him. We exist because He wants us to exist. The Bible in the book of Revelation says it this way.

Revelation 4:11 (KJV)

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Which pleasure is that? Curiosity? Companionship? He likes watching horror movies?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Almalexia

Okay but why would God have sexual organs? Lol

hahah well the default sex given to God is always He, and I always like to think of God as a She.

One that doesn't care about life or death but the preservation of the cycle and love.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I always figured it was like God got a hobby or something, but "hobby" really is an inadequate word. At some point we must admit that it, His reason for creating, is beyond us, except for the previous post that it was all done for His pleasure. What more do you need?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm generally interested in what other people have to think about this. Why would God make anyone else? Not just from a religious point of the world and universe but in the physical sense. If something created us just as if we were to create new life what would be this creator or our reason be besides either entertainment or study.

As a Christian and a physicist. I have trouble with this question myself. It's the equivalent to asking why there's something rather than nothing.

My experience has lead me to conclude that all things exist because all things existing means there is no creation in the literal sense, but rather a variable that explains an illusion of creation.

When that variable is found, we will have the answer. Until then, I can only admit my knowledge is incomplete and this variable explains why my knowledge is incomplete.

In short, Socrates expressed it best: as for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
edit on 28-5-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh, those are all good answers---
Yes, it all reminds that God is Love, and so Love needs to have 'someone' to Love---God Loves this Life that is 'born of' God's Self and now God Loves us as His Children---Children being the mirror images of Love---Love's 'reflection' of the Father Mother God---God is Both Father/Mother and greater than both---God creates us through Love and Loves us as his Children--and the world as the way to Love---the more we Love the world and each other the closer we are to God's Love---

And lets us make our own mistakes so we can learn without 'being told' but through our own realizations as we find out the best way to Live is to be kind and compassionate and good to each other and not steal or cheat and all that-God does not interfere in our 'learning" because 'trial and error' is the best teacher--- and mistakes are our learning tools-- a way to learn right from wrong, good from bad.

a fun question, thanks for this!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Instead of saying you can't explain where all things came from, and thus all things must have been created - wouldn't it be easier to just say that things do not come from our realm?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by davidtheriault

According to some, God took on the ROLE of creator, and then forgot himself in that role, until now, and that's our job, to get to the end of "the program" and in the long, cosmic, process re-realize God as spirit, in and through us and our experience, and in the process also remind God of his own transcendant nature as we become co-creators or inheritors with God in the now self-aware role of co-creator with us as his creation ie: we are made sons of God in the image and likeness of Christ who first realized this and who said "And as my father (first/last cause and spirit of truth and life) first sent me, even so send I you."

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Instead of saying you can't explain where all things came from, and thus all things must have been created - wouldn't it be easier to just say that things do not come from our realm?

Well, yes, in the same way that certain frequencies of light aren't visible to us without proper equipment to see them. I can imagine a system like that built into the cosmological whole where all things exist in their proper place, with their proper physics.

But this is just repeating a form of the megaverse theory along the line of Leonard Susskind's.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davidtheriault

I agree with SweetMystery

God is Love.

Love is the motive for everything He does.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
According to a so-called enlightened Avatar named Meher Baba, at the moment of creation

The creator was created
The preserver was preserved
The destroyer was destroyed

Which places us within the framework of an eternal evolutionary recurrence from which the desire to escape is as absurd as the desire to never leave.

Love? it must transcend judgement or it's not free, and so the height and heart of the law is mercy and forgiveness or the release from judgement, yet without compromise, so that the supreme value of grace (God's love in action) is preserved. "Behold woman (look mom) I make all things new!" (while carrying the cross).

"Set free for the sake of freedom, to freely love as we are loved."
~ Saul of Tarsus, turned St. Paul of Christ.

God's reason? - Family. The final frame of reference is a family framework, at all levels with us included and not excluded.

Praise God for His Love!

"Therefore, fear not, little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled, for it pleased your heavenly father to SHARE his eternal kingdom with ALL his children!" (said with a big smile).

edit on 28-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Whenever i run into your posts NewAgeMan---I always love them! I hear you! The Bell goes Ding!
Thanks! Nice one once again!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sweetmystery

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to see another who "groks".

Some might think I'm lecturing from some lofty position, but it's just the spirit as a stream of consciousness speaking through me, as much to me (my lower self) as to anyone else, I'd like everyone to keep that in mind!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I think that line of reasoning is used with a confirmatory bias. If we take what we do not understand as evidence instead looking for information to explain what we do not understand, then we will not be able to disagree on the fundamentals.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I think we're a computer program and the realm we exist in is nothing more than a computed environment. I find it much easier to explain things by this nature than to seek information through a bias to explain this paradoxical realm.

Not that I am saying we shouldn't seek information - it's just that I do not see a way to explain any information that one could find in any better way. The fact that we exist at all is the prime indicator.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

As much as I agree with the concept of God being love and love being all existence, that doesn't answer the question as to why we perceive things through time or why time exists at all. What is that variable that explains why there is time instead of no time? Why is there something instead of nothing?

An act of creation would imply a sort of deficit, which is a trait that God cannot possess. A deficit would imply that God isn't God, but rather a god, which unnecessarily complicates the framework. What is this variable that connects God to god.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

As much as I agree with the concept of God being love and love being all existence, that doesn't answer the question as to why we perceive things through time or why time exists at all. What is that variable that explains why there is time instead of no time? Why is there something instead of nothing?

Time exists for us because we live in a universe that had a beginning.

We perceive time differently than God.

We exist in time.

God exists outside of time.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
DustyOne! Nice job too! Yes, just think if all our motivations were from or based in Love!! Wow! I love that! Thank you---That is like the total answer--- begin with Love!! Motivated by Love!

And NewAgeMan, Yes, I know your posts come from the Light of Seeing It---That Love and Understanding comes through loud and clear!

I have always loved this quote and post it here for you and all of you:

You are the light of the world.
A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.
Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house.
Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.

Much Love to all---

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
I'm just going to go ahead and say it - I think we're a computer program and the realm we exist in is nothing more than a computed environment. I find it much easier to explain things by this nature than to seek information through a bias to explain this paradoxical realm.

But that just re-phrases the problem. If this is a computer program then there must exist other computer programs. If not, why this computer program? There's no way of calculating this problem without first positing that all things exist in their own way, this was the philosophy behind the wave-collapse function, and their relationship to us/this one is then through analogy or a metaphysical device [like the graviton theory that assumes gravitons are messenger particles between dimensions].

Mathematically, I am very much a Platonist, and I believe this can be carried over and established in the realm of mathematical physics i.e. the things we conceive or imagine are real things with real existence that isn't necessarily positive like an atom would be. It has mathematical existence in our physics, yet in its own particular physics, it has the same physical existence an atom would have in ours.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

God created us, in my beliefs according to my religion, because that inner knowledge, that recognition of HIS FACE was a gift so great to us (His creation) that it was worth everything. According to my experience and the personal knowledge of this FACE that I have gained, this is the absolute correct teaching and interpretation for the creation of mankind. To me, all the hell I have faced, all the trials I have gone through, were worth every single second for this knowledge I have gained of HIM.

GOD knows all things, and before HE created HE knew that this knowledge of Him would benefit, and the benefit would outweigh all other things, therefore HE created... it was a gift to all of us, our live is a gift...because knowledge of HIM is the greatest imaginable treasure.

If you want to understand trials and tribulations then this you should read:

www.al-islam.org...
edit on 28-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join