It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies? Strange happenings in Florida and Georgia [TIME LINE]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Mizzijr

Most likey Pittsburgh but then again like land of the dead you'll probably end up in a fiefdom

But that would be like a punishment for not being one!! Can't we pick a pleasant place?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

If a MOD agrees with what you say I'll elaborate. Otherwise I'll leave it as is. My personal story is quite interesting, but I have to respect the community rules, and don't wish to cross the line in regards to those rules.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Op i think your onto something, so i looked up Symptoms of Rabies in humans and look at what came up (to anyone who doesn't already know):

Rabies (pronounced /ˈreɪbiːz/. From Latin: rabies, "madness") is a viral disease that causes acute encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) in warm-blooded animals.[1] It is zoonotic (i.e., transmissible from animals to humans), most commonly by a bite from an infected animal. For a human, rabies is almost invariably fatal if post-exposure prophylaxis is not administered prior to the onset of severe symptoms. The rabies virus infects the central nervous system, ultimately causing disease in the brain and death. The rabies virus travels to the brain by following the peripheral nerves. The incubation period of the disease is usually a few months in humans, depending on the distance the virus must travel to reach the central nervous system.[2] Once the rabies virus reaches the central nervous system and symptoms begin to show, the infection is effectively untreatable and usually fatal within days. Early-stage symptoms of rabies are malaise, headache and fever, progressing to acute pain, violent movements, uncontrolled excitement, depression, and hydrophobia.[1] Finally, the patient may experience periods of mania and lethargy, eventually leading to coma. The primary cause of death is usually respiratory insufficiency.[2]

This is the first time I've quoted anything on ATS so i hope i did it correctly (Mods please message me with any changes that you would like, thank you)

And here is the LINK to the Wikipedia

Also, with the above being said. I trully believe that rabies could be a VERY viable possibility here. In fact gives a better explaination then PCP, BUT yet even though it may explain the attackers actions it will doesn't tell us why they were BOTH naked.. which is what i believe will tie all the missing links together.

BTW has anyone heard of any update's on this story? I've shifted though the net and everything is a few days old.
edit on 29-5-2012 by RadiantMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Oh Snap!

Zombies were by definition a thing of bringing animated corpses back to life. A sort of Voodoo ritual originating in Africa and now from Haiti, which is very close to Florida.

en.wikipedia.org...

West
According to the tenets of Vodou, a dead person can be revived by a bokor, or sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Vodou snake lwa Damballah Wedo, of Niger–Congo origin; it is akin to the Kikongo word nzambi, which means "god". There also exists within the West African Vodun tradition the zombi astral, which is a part of the human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power. The zombi astral is typically kept inside a bottle which the bokor can sell to clients for luck, healing or business success. It is believed that after a time God will take the soul back and so the zombi is a temporary spiritual entity.[3] It is also said in vodou legend, that feeding a zombie salt will make it return to the grave.
South
The idea of zombies is present in some South African cultures. In some communities it is believed that a dead person can be turned into a zombie by a small child.[4] It is said that the spell can be broken by a powerful enough sangoma.[5]
It is also believed in some areas that witches can turn a person into a zombie by killing and possessing the victim's body in order to force it into slave labor.[6] After rail lines were built to transport migrant workers, stories emerged about "witch trains". These trains appeared ordinary, but were staffed by zombie workers controlled by a witch. The trains would abduct a person boarding at night, and the person would then either be turned into a zombie worker, or beaten and thrown from the train a distance away from the original location.[6]
Haiti

In 1937, while researching folklore in Haiti, Zora Neale Hurston encountered the case of a woman who appeared in a village, and a family claimed she was Felicia Felix-Mentor, a relative who had died and been buried in 1907 at the age of 29. Hurston pursued rumors that the affected persons were given a powerful psychoactive drug, but she was unable to locate individuals willing to offer much information. She wrote:

Add that and the recent quakes in Haiti and the usual UN crew. Oh we've got a recipe for zombification.

Save face.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Is it bad that I'm hoping for it.

Nope, but I'm hoping you're the first to go

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

wow! i just got finished researching bath salts and was amazed at what i learned!

i had no idea about this stuff.none what so ever! (and ive been around A LOT,if ya know what i mean :cool

this is ridiculous!
are people so hollow now that they are willing to do anything to escape ?!!!
in all my experiences,i never wanted to escape (never mind gnaw on anothers face!) it has always been to expand and learn!
any way,your point has validity,and it certainly sounds totally possible that the face chewer had way too many salts in his bath water!
thanx again for the info
peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Authorities in Florida are now officially attributing this indecent to the substance known as bath salts. As I was driving this morning they are reporting it on the radio. I am in S. Florida so that may be why I got this information before everyone else. I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. This wasn't an incident of rabies, do your research. Edit:

Cops said it might be a case that involved a new type of synthetic stimulant called “bath salts” or “plant food,” which can cause users to become paranoid and aggressive. Read more: www.nydailynews.com... zz1wG1lhWB1
SOURCE
edit on 29-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

GD21D, was that the official toxicology report by the county coroner? If it is, then I'll search the public record data bases for that county. All coroner's reports are public data. If this one doesn't show up on the database, then they're covering something up.

/takes off tinfoil hat

As much as I would like to start capping zombies, this guy was most likely tweaking on some very powerful drugs. As you said, perhaps bath salts are to blame, but then again that's the latest thing that the government is trying to "promote awareness" about.

-TS

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Last I knew when I was in the military is that it was untraceable in a urinalysis, as far as to a post-mortem toxicology I'm not sure. The radio was reporting that some physicians had treated several cases and this was the same thing. I know I claimed it was official, that's the way the radio had reported it. Local AM 610 was the station that reported it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

hey friend,i agreed with you! i did my research,and i agree! never thought it was rabies,that takes a bit to drive you mad! did ya reply to the wrong reply!!!

anyway thanx again for the info!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out for a tox/ autopsy report on the Miami-Dade county site.

-TS

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

No it wasn't directed at you. It's just a situation that I'm familiar with. When I first heard the story it was the first thing I thought of. It fits so perfectly. Everything about it screamed bath salts. I've seen how people act on the substance. EDIT:

An emergency room doctor at Jackson Memorial Hospital said Eugene’s attack could have been induced by bath salts, a drug nicknamed after the bathroom product it resembles. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy
MIAMI HERALD

edit on 29-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadiantMonkey
In fact gives a better explaination then PCP, BUT yet even though it may explain the attackers actions it will doesn't tell us why they were BOTH naked.. which is what i believe will tie all the missing links together.

I read that those bath salts are causing the inner organ temperatures to rise and that it would feel like to burn from the inside.

edit: It would explain why they were naked maybe.
edit on 29-5-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

someone explain what these "bath salts" is, a new street drug?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So to summarise, and PLEASE do correct me if I've got it wrong but we could be facing a super-human strength, strange, new, drug induced, rabid zombie invasion?

ETA If so, this will make Zombieland seem like a walk in the park.
edit on 29/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

reply to post by bluemirage5

The drug in question is this one. I had to google it myself as there seems to be a spate of "new drugs" coming around again. People have died from this one in various countries. It's also called Meow Meow for some reason, a street name.

edit on 29/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Bluemirage, bath salts are just like they sound. Salts that are used in the bath for either aromatic purposes or, like Epsom salts, for muscle therapeutic purposes. Turns out that when tweakers couldn't afford their primary fix, they started smoking or snorting the salts like crack coc aine. It got to be such a problem that they've been outlawed.

Hope that helps.

-TS

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

From what I understand and have learned one of the main ingredients is plant food. It's effects will last on average 4-12 hours. The individual will experience severe hallucinations and psychosis. Profuse sweating and incoherent rambling are the major signs of an individual under the influence. They may become violent to themselves and others (this includes animals).If I remember correctly the substance first appeared in Louisiana in the U.S. And in the U.K. in Europe. In Europe it was advertised as a weight loss supplement. In the U.S. it was sold legally at shops. They seem to have a hard time tracing who is producing the substances, and the ingredients change from one type to another. This may explain why not everyone who uses becomes a head case. I'm paraphrasing as it was over a year ago when I researched the topic. If people would like me to I'll explain more. I'll just tell you the same things that you can find on your own. Like I said I've seen it first hand. Educate your friends and family, this stuff is serious. I've never seen anything like it. And I've seen a lot.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

No, it's not the bath salts you're thinking of. They're only called bath salts because they resemble the product known as bath salts.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I know "bath salts" are slang for the manufactured stuff, but kids in NY were using real bath salts to get high. They've been pulled from the shelves and banned here. And those are the normal ones. Should have given clarification as to prevent me from showing ignorance.

ETA: Here in Western NY, they were selling the "bath salts supplement" side by side with therapeutic salts. Maybe that's where the confusion came from. In either case, I know that kids were using normal bath salts, perhaps cut with something else, to get their fix. Anyway, that crap is dangerous and shouldn't be out there in the first place.

-TS
edit on 29-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I've seen...what's that word? Anecdotally. I've seen the anecdotal evidence of a few new drugs "go by" in the news and it often starts out like this:

"Oh look, we found a plant and if you smoke/drink/eat/whatever it, you can get high, and it's totally legal"

This equates also with many thinking it is safe. But back to the discovery.

The government usually gets to hear of this via....hospital admissions? I would guess. Once you start having to treat a few people regularly for the intoxicating effects of something you've never seen before, a report will be made and eventually filter upwards to policy/decision makers. They then obtain a sample of this new drug from the same people that the users do (ie, the street dealer on the corner) and examine it. Then they discover the thing that is the active ingredient and also can immediately see that it is illegal, harmful, etc and analogous to existing banned substances.

The thing I find strange in the whole depicted scenario is, who has the time, money, resources and knowledge to start discovering and producing all this?

edit on 29/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join