It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive bluefin tuna cross Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Radioactive bluefin tuna cross Pacific

www.news.com.au

ACROSS the vast Pacific, the mighty bluefin tuna carried radioactive contamination that leaked from Japan's crippled nuclear plant to the shores of the United States, almost 10,000 kilometres away - the first time a huge migrating fish has been shown to carry radioactivity such a distance.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Apologies if this should be in another place. If so please move.

What gets me about this article is the researchers are Startled to discover that the radiation is 10 times higher than other times they have tested.

What is the big surprise here? Nuclear waste spewing into the pacific. Is it any suprise that levels are higher?.

Infuriates me to think that this breaking news item is so oversimplified for the general public.

Other reports on here show that the situation is pretty bad, yet the media continues to feed us baloney.

Oh and the fish are still considered safe to eat?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-5-2012 by magma because: capitals

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Not much of a fish eater myself but that is worrying. Fish travel the world!!!
A lot of animal feed contains fish. We eat the animals!!!

Thats it, I'm phoning ET, I want off this planet.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Notice how they never told me the actual amount tested?

Like Bq/kg?

That's really suspicious in itself. Well, at least because that part of information is important for me personally to determine "just how bad it is".

Just telling me that it's "still under the limits set by Japan" is silly, they raised their limits therefore their limits are meaningless.

They should just give me the reading and let me decide for myself. But I digress.

Also noticed they said that these particular fish were expected to 'shed much of the radioactive particles" by this time frame, so that should indicate that if they had been normally excreting it, than there must be a lot of it to take this long to excrete.

Can't blame me for speculating when they are so incredibly vague and leave the door open for just about anything I can imagine...

Sigh...the folly of modern infotainment.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The levels of radioactive cesium were 10 times higher than the amount measured in tuna off the California coast in previous years. Read more: www.news.com.au...

It was 10 times higher than a number we don't know.
So there you go, the news.

They told us almost nothing. But yet they talked a lot.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is the second phase of the culling. And, most likely, the final one. I will not be having kids, not because I am most likely (or will be) sterile, but because I feel guilt; there is no way I could every bring a living being into this world with the knowledge I now have.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If anyone can find the source article for this, I'd like to read it. I searched all over PNAS's website, but cant find it. Super annoying that the news.com article doesnt link to it.

Originally posted by magma

What gets me about this article is the researchers are Startled to discover that the radiation is 10 times higher than other times they have tested.

Actually, based on your article, it would appear their surprise is that larger fish who apparently have the ability to shed radioactivity, not at the levels, per se.

ACROSS the vast Pacific, the mighty bluefin tuna carried radioactive contamination that leaked from Japan's crippled nuclear plant to the shores of the United States, almost 10,000 kilometres away - the first time a huge migrating fish has been shown to carry radioactivity such a distance.

But scientists did not expect the fallout to linger in huge fish that sail the world as they can shed radioactive substances. Read more: www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh, also, someone already started this thread before you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes your right. must have been simultaneous

Mods please delete the latter

sorry

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes your right. must have been simultaneous

If by 'simultaneous you mean 'started three hours after the other one, in the same forum.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi There,

Sorry...as pointed out, someone had already snuck this thread/topic in before you.

Gonna have to lock this one now.
Please feel free to add your thoughts etc to the previous one.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join