It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Properly Commenting On A Lady's Looks?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think the absolute worst pickup line i had ever heard spewed at me..

"Hey baby, i'd like to find out if my USB Drive fits"

Took me a minute to realize he wasn't talking about my MacBook......

And Germanus: I'm the type of girl that if you insult me a little, I would be the one to kick and/or punch. I just have that kinda temper

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

nothing wrong with a kick or a punch hun...

I mean c'mon... its comming from a girl...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I'm absolutely, as a female, going with this one....

I've never really used any lines, never complimented a girl until I've had a chance to talk to her for awhile and feel out her personality.. My favorite pick up line is "hi."

And while I'm at it, another tip for you. If you're in a relationship and a girl says she's getting fat, DO NOT TELL HER SHE ISN'T cause she freakin knows your lying. What you want to say is "I like you just the way you are!".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Start with something that's not her's but not too personal. "Those are cool shoes" or maybe she has an interesting phone, purse, or an article of clothing. Slightly more risky but still guarded you could mention something to do with her makeup or hairstyle or maybe she has interesting nail polish.

Do not jump into any specific physical attributes this lady has. Far too risky. If you must say so then just tell her you think she's very pretty just don't be too specific on exactly why if it involves anything below her neck.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Be honest, and a bit poetic... even if she's pretty and you think she knows it, tell her anyway ... we always like to hear it.

Something like ... I like how you smile at me ... I like the way you laugh ... you look so beautiful in this light ...

We know you guys sometimes get a little tongue tied around us, especially when you think we're important for you to get to know

Relax and be yourself, if it doesn't work she isn't worth it!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
by implying she looks well, you are indicating you would like her physical features in your offspring, and would like to mate with her.

I say leave that part out and just say she looks nice, nothing more nothing less, don't strain yourself too much over things that are meaningless.

you'll find the right woman for you who wants you to tell her shes sexy the way you want to say it to her, if your patient and modest

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Just like telling a good joke, the key is mostly in the timing. The person must be in a receptive mood. Not always what you say, but more on how you say it.

Here's a few you can try......

Basic compliments :

"Hey, you look really great.... today/tonight."

"Hello, sunshine."

"You've really brightened up my day."

"You look lovely."

Funny compliments:

"How dare you go out looking like that in public."

"Are you trying to cause an accident?"

"I better not look at you for more than a few seconds. I might go blind."

"I see you took your pretty pill this morning."

"I think you're in the wrong place, this is where the ugly people hang out."

"You look MARVELOUS." (said with funny accent)

High Risk - High Reward Compliments

"Hmmm, you look good enough to eat."

"Wait here.....I'm calling the police... cause you just stole my heart."

"Hey, can I get your autograph?

"You must a famous model .....well you will be someday."

"If I was rapist, you'd be in big trouble."

Good luck

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Just be honest....If you end up on the receiving end of some wild rant she's obviously so far up her own arse you'd need a load of firemen to extract her head from her backside anyway.
If you can't take an honest sincere compliment you have a serious problem.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Just don't tell her how good she looks. If she's the vain type it'll be torture (haha) and if she isn't vain she might just appreciate you not mentioning it, because she'll have heard it all before.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Here is a good rule of thumb on complimenting a lady. Women spend a great deal of time on their looks, and their dress, so a compliment on her clothing is always taken well. Also on her hair style, or haircut is always a good bet. Avoid saying things about her body, or shape, or butt, or breasts. These are all no-nos. Also, look at her Face when talking to her, not her tits. Women hate that, even my wife takes issue if I look at them while we are talking. Avoid starting a conversation with "I."

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
Just like telling a good joke, the key is mostly in the timing. The person must be in a receptive mood. Not always what you say, but more on how you say it.

Here's a few you can try......

Basic compliments :

"Hey, you look really great.... today/tonight."

"Hello, sunshine."

"You've really brightened up my day."

"You look lovely."

Funny compliments:

"How dare you go out looking like that in public."

"Are you trying to cause an accident?"

"I better not look at you for more than a few seconds. I might go blind."

"I see you took your pretty pill this morning."

"I think you're in the wrong place, this is where the ugly people hang out."

"You look MARVELOUS." (said with funny accent)

High Risk - High Reward Compliments

"Hmmm, you look good enough to eat."

"Wait here.....I'm calling the police... cause you just stole my heart."

"Hey, can I get your autograph?

"You must a famous model .....well you will be someday."

"If I was rapist, you'd be in big trouble."

Good luck

If you want to chase a pretty girl away or watch her roll up hers eyes, just try any of the ones in the last two categories.

The rapist one is just creepy.

C'mon guys, some of you have no idea what turns a pretty girl off . Lines like the above are a sure way to put you at the back of the line.

I realize all women are different , but simple and sincere is best in my books. We can tell when someone (even other women) compliment us for ulterior motives, for a variety of reasons.

edit on 29-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I really don't like that one line "goof enough to eat". Because I've seen several monster flicks where a monster posing as a demon wasn't using that as a compliment.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I was mostly joking and those "high risk" should only be attempted with someone who understands it's a joke. I agree with all the people who say the best way is to just be yourself and be sincere.

There are times where "creepy lines" actually work though. It just depends on the situation. The safest way to compliment a woman is to keep it short and sweet.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
I was mostly joking and those "high risk" should only be attempted with someone who understands it's a joke. I agree with all the people who say the best way is to just be yourself and be sincere.

There are times where "creepy lines" actually work though. It just depends on the situation. The safest way to compliment a woman is to keep it short and sweet.

Oh when do creepy lines work? I have yet to ever actually see a guy successfully use on on me

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

edit on 30-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

LMAO.....after 10 years I don't remember you using any of these lines, but there are several I would have enjoyed........

When we met, you said to me..."Gee you are really cute"....lol...followed up later that evening with...."I want to kiss you".....and I think you did....lol....wink.......

From time to time you would tell me you liked my "butt" too, lol, which always made me smile....♥

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It can be annoying for men to always complient on how hot a girl is. Hot girls hear it all the time to where all the complments start to sound like a broken record. I agree with what others have said for you to focus on maybe her hair, eyes maybe her clothes if they are nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join