It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful "Flame" cyber weapon found in Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Please don't confuse my criticism of the West as sympathy for Iran. The Iranian "regime" as many like to call it is not any better than any other corrupt country. It's just you can't use that excuse every time you feel like demonizing Iran. That's smoke and mirrors.

I edited my previous post and added a question to it, kind of.

It would be nice of you if you could answer it. I'm curious as to which part of this Reuters article you posted that caused you to come to this "theory". Hey, I brainstorm too so I wasn't bashing your creavity but I'm honestly confused.

Like I said, interesting article, but I'm not buying it, especially your angle.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Devilish zero day vulnerabilities, coupled with the immense file size, add up to one freakin awesome piece of technology.

No doubt where this came from eh?

what i find funny is that many it administrators across the globe would find this a useful tool, given all of the network, communications, were limited to the admin account or kiosk.

think about it, an almost undetectable way to see who the hell keeps installing runescape on the damn, network.

lol

another matter check out this report on media and their manipulation, of us into tyranny.

another matter check out my report on media and their manipulation, of us into tyranny.

watch in HD if you can and a good sound system will all be put to good use.

edit on 28-5-2012 by reedbananaboat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

When digging about the source code of an earlier version for clues on how Duqu works and who made it, Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab discovered an “easter egg” of sorts: a reference to Showtime’s hit television show Dexter.

Now comes O Murchu with this tittilating disclosure suggesting a direct link to Israel. However, security experts are cautioning against reading too much into anything deliberately left in the code by the Stuxnet authors because, at this level, there could be all kinds of decoys and misdirection.

That wreaks of a setup and Iran is obviously a target to set up the west by a third party now all we have to do is come up with who has the most to gain.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Please don't confuse my criticism of the West as sympathy for Iran. The Iranian "regime" as many like to call it is not any better than any other corrupt country. It's just you can't use that excuse every time you feel like demonizing Iran.

Wanna try again?

Who has been "demonizing Iran in this thread" ?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who has been "demonizing Iran in this thread" ?

You blatantly were, with your misinterpretation of an article filled with "maybe's" and "could haves".

I was honest, I'm just curious how you came to this theory/conclusion of yours.

It's possible I misunderstood your intent and that is why I asked you to EXPLAIN!

Stop playing games. Why must we argue about simple distractions while you refuse to acknowledge the theory you set forth? How does this story exonerate USA/ISsrael?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The creators of flame and stuxnet and that "State" responsible for all Irans woes is those very people who have been claiming to be helping them,

From the op which clearly says if i was demonizing anyone it was Russia.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How does demonizing Russia exonerate Israel/USA?

Remember this post?

Now if true,the common theories of who has been behind them being the evil US and Israel can now be put to rest.

Now, just to set you straight, I'm not a huge fan of Russia, but you OP was a rant about Iran, and how USA and Israel isn't so evil because of this news you posted. Which part of this article exonerates anyone? It's purely speculative media garbage. It deserves attention, but does not automatically achieve merit, in my opinion at least.

What common theories of the US and Israel being behind does this article change?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What ?

Who said this?

It's just you can't use that excuse every time you feel like demonizing Iran

and then you come up with this:

Now if true,the common theories of who has been behind them being the evil US and Israel can now be put to rest.

It seems the only people anyone around here is suppose to demonize is the Us and Isreal anyone who says contrary gets their thread derailed to talk about an opinion instead of the article in the post:

which is

Powerful "Flame" cyber weapon found in Iran found by Russians supposedly fixed by Russians 5 years ago.

Russian hardware
Russian software
Russian technicians.

all costing Iran billions and has for decades.
edit on 28-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The problem with this theory is that Kapersky is global and would likely NOT tarnish their reputation simply to suits Russia's needs by way of hurting Iran. They would soon come to a close as a viable AV software company.

What's highly more likely is that the US and Israel combined instead ensured any signatures Kapersky was actively monitoring would not flag to their engine. Also being a Windows vulnerability, I'm sure it didn't take much US coercion to get Microsoft to rally to their cause and give them advance notice of such a "vulnerability".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Curious? what help does the US get from Russia??
thanks ljb

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
To make this on-topic, I'll claim that viruses are good for the anti-virus business, right?

All of this talk about a extremely complex virus and Norton can't even protect my and (yesterday) my friend's computers from having their address books hacked. Something is wrong with this situation.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There you go people on Fox just now:

Israel today leaders suggestiing they may be behind the cyber attacks.

Can't argue anymore.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you still trying to pin the blame on Russia and exonerate the US/Israel from being associated from the Stuxnet virus too?

Officials claim Iran has defeated powerful 'Flame' virus

Gholam Reza Jalali, who heads an Iranian military unit in charge of fighting sabotage, told state radio that the country's oil industry was briefly affected by the powerful virus.

"This virus penetrated some fields. One of them was the oil sector. Fortunately, we detected and controlled this single incident," Jalali said. "We could also retrieve the information that was lost."

Read more: www.ctv.ca...

What would Russia have to gain from sabotaging the Iranian oil sector? I know a few other countries that might have something to gain from it though. Another reason why I don't agree with your interpretation of this situation.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join