It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Tell Me That This Is Normal For Yellowstone (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just took a look at the Yellowstone live cam, and this kind of looked scary to me. I'm hoping it's just the wind. The video was from minutes ago. I started recording because of the geyser spewing so fast, and the movement. All of the sudden, the camera rapidly panned to the left as if something was happening.....well look for yourself. I am NOT fearmongering, I just want to know if people who watch this cam see this normally. It looks very fast, but I did NOTHING to the video....just recorded with BB Flashback Express. Please tell me all is ok
Just spooked me a little. Please watch full screen on youtube to get the full effect. Also, the people in the vid look as if they are getting out of the way

In this first video....notice the white dot toward the top of the screen and watch what it does (again in full screen to see it well).....it is just a white dot sitting there, then something shoots out of it toward the right....a reflection of some sort? Just something that caught my eye....I'm just curious as to what it may be.

Part 2

edit on 5/28/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's going to be okay Kat (no it's not we're doomed) nothing to worry about! Did that help?

Seriously, I'm not sure what to tell ya but it looks normal to me. Keep us posted!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Thanks! I know it's probably normal....just wanted some reassurance haha.....I just started watching and it looked calm, then went nuts like that. I got a little spooked. Do you watch this cam often? I'm sure it's only the wind right? The camera operator just zoomed over there so fast, like something was happening. That's why I said I wasn't trying to scare anyone....just wanted to know all is well

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think I will try to post a daily video anyway, just because it's awesome to see! Sort of a daily hello from Yellowstone for all who love it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looks like it could be the beginning of the cracking open of a deep earth fissure. I pray to god that it isnt but it sure looks bad. I'm going to grab my survival gear and head for the hills.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmmm. Well. People are certainly getting out of the way fast! I don't think it is unusual, however.

Having visited Yellowstone several times (albeit as a child) I can tell you that sometimes the geysers put out steam that is very smelly (sulfurous) and it can be hot. It looks like the wind is blowing the steam/fumes right onto the people at the overlook, and they are leaving because it is uncomfortable. It can happen and is not too unusual. They ask people too use caution due to the "thermal dangers" of the area. The link doesn't specifically say anything about steam, but I believe (at least I think I remember - it was a long time ago) there are plenty of caution signs.

www.yellowstoneparknet.com... hp
edit on 28-5-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Looks like a baby geyser was born

Its hard to know without watching and following that area for a while?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
People do seem to be running, towards the end of that clip. Mmmmm

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Thanks! I know it's probably normal....just wanted some reassurance haha.....I just started watching and it looked calm, then went nuts like that. I got a little spooked. Do you watch this cam often? I'm sure it's only the wind right? The camera operator just zoomed over there so fast, like something was happening. That's why I said I wasn't trying to scare anyone....just wanted to know all is well

Not to often, but enough to see it's nothing too out of the ordinary. Then again I'm no expert in this matter ya know? If I had to guess I would say it might be a geyser getting ready to erupt and the guide was getting them away??

Even so, can you imagine being there when Yellowstone was about to erupt? Talk about crapping your pants!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm sure that's all it is.....oh YES....a change of pants would surely be needed!
But it may be so fast that you wouldn't know what hit you.

I recorded this video right before the first one. What caught my eye was the small white dot at the top of the screen (up in the mountain) Watch it and tell me if you know what it is, because it just sits there and then a line shoots out of it to the right.....just something I noticed. I think it happens twice. You probably have to watch full screen to see it well......just kinda cool.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MatungaMassala

It's probably normal but it's cool nonetheless......who knows? I hope it never happens in my lifetime!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Thanks AB.....I bet it gets them soaking wet too and it's very cold there right now. Did you see the video with the white dot? It's kinda cool whatever it is.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Yes.....I just strated watching it.....that's why I posted hoping that some long time watchers might know if it looks normal.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey StealthyKat - I watched the "white dot" video a couple of times. For some reason, my Youtube won't let me expand to full screen, so I don't think I got the full effect. I will say that with so much thermal activity and steam happening, it's hard to say if its a geyser up on the mountain that does its thing, has steam trail off and then calms down, or if its an object, or ???? Yellowstone is a strange and wonderful place...and dangerous, too. Between bears (do NOT feed them ;-), other wildlife, boiling hot steam eruptions, sulfurous mud bogs and thin crusts of mineral deposits over giant pools of poisonous bubbling goo/water - well, its easy to get a sense of wilderness in the midst of the gift shops. Have you visited there? If you ever go again, and its still open for hiking, try going to Fairy Falls - delightful! A long trek, but worth it. One of my favorite Yellowstone memories...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No, I have never been there, but I would love to! I kind of thought maybe it was a reflection or maybe a small geyser up there. Just for the record I'm not thinking it's an alien spaceship
.....no.....nature is interesting and awesome all by itself! Just curious.....maybe there is some type of structure up there? If I ever do go there, I'll take your advice. I am just fascinated by volcanos, especially this one.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Even if it is a new geyser it seems likely to me that new geysers will form in Yellowstone over time without necessarily being connected to upcoming eruptions.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I'm sure that's all it is.....oh YES....a change of pants would surely be needed!
But it may be so fast that you wouldn't know what hit you.

I recorded this video right before the first one. What caught my eye was the small white dot at the top of the screen (up in the mountain) Watch it and tell me if you know what it is, because it just sits there and then a line shoots out of it to the right.....just something I noticed. I think it happens twice. You probably have to watch full screen to see it well......just kinda cool.

Looks like steam coming off a pool or a geyser Kat. It's too pixelated to be sure, but you can see it change shape due to the wind. As far as the stream or line coming from the right, I'm not sure I'm seeing it. Again it's pixelated so I did see a distortion in the video that looked like a line. I'll keep looking though!

I would love to be there right now, it's so beautiful.

edit on 28-5-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No, I have never been there, but I would love to! I kind of thought maybe it was a reflection or maybe a small geyser up there. Just for the record I'm not thinking it's an alien spaceship
.....no.....nature is interesting and awesome all by itself! Just curious.....maybe there is some type of structure up there? If I ever do go there, I'll take your advice. I am just fascinated by volcanos, especially this one.

Lol are you sure you're not thinking alien spaceship?
I won't think less of you if you are!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hey, I love a good alien space ship sighting myself! At least until folks start calling it Venus or some such thing. ;-) And in Yellowstone, who knows? It is a VERY popular vacation spot...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No.....I want to make that clear.....the only way I will say there is a spaceship is if I see an acual ship with greys waiving at me
I think nature is fascinating all by itself.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join