It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know Ivo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Today I ran in to an old mate of mine, and we got talking about the general stuff. Then, after a while we started talking about the past and what idiotic stuff we did as kids etc. At one point he started talking about a seance we once did, to kill the time. The thing is, some strange things happend that we cannot explain.

What we did was, write down all letters of the alphabet, 0 to 9 and a "yes" and "no" on paper, cut it in small squares, and lay it in a circle. Then you take a glass, turn it upside down in the middle of the circle, and make everyone put their index vinger on the bottom of it. At that moment you are supposed to start calling for a ghost or entity. When the call is heared by one, the glass starts moving and you can ask it questions. It answers by moving the glass to the the letters, one-by-one, to form a sentence or word, or simply answer yes or no.

At one point we started to take it a bit more serious, for we had little succes calling one, as I expected. But then something strange happend, our fingers turned real cold, and we all noticed it at the same time. Soon after that we asked if we had contact, and it pointed at yes, so we proceeded to ask it's name, and it answered he was called "Ivo", no last name, or at least, I don't remember asking him that. At that time I still thought it was bogus, and that we somehow synchronized with eachother. So I asked Ivo if I was allowed to take my hand of the glass, and still ask him questions, and the response was yes. So I took my hand off and indeed, it answered more questions from me and others from the group - I am sorry I can't remember what questions that were, neither what it/he answered -.

I still wanted to have more proof so, I came up with yet another test. I asked if Ivo would agree that I ask him a question by simply thinking about it, and that I would wisper the question in someone's ear to prove I was not screwing around. Ivo agreed. I asked the brother of a friend, who was observing it all from the side, to listen to a question I wispered in his ear, and when the question was answered, he would reveal the questionto the rest of the participants. Now there was no way in hell, anyone of the group heared what I said to the guy, because I did it outside the room.

And so the question was asked, and remember, I had no finger on the glass, and I only thought of the question, yet the question was answered. Again, I don't know, for sure, what question that was, and I didn't ask my friends brother if he still knew. I believe I asked what his profession was, and it had something to do with piano's, or piano player, but like I said, I don't know for sure. Since I now know he (friend) lives relatively close, I will try and visit him soon, to see if he still knows.

I am not asking you to believe me, I just told the story as I remember it, and I am sure there are at least 5 people who witnessed it with me. That is enough for me.

But what I would like to know, if there is anyone who can shed some light on this Ivo character? Does he really exist? Is there any information on people who had a (similar) experience with Ivo?

Thanks in advance for your mature answers.
Ridicule goes in the same bin as where I throw ignorance, so save your breath
Grammar nazi's, impress the crap out of me by writing this text in my native language

Peace!

edit on 28-5-2012 by 2Faced because: first gramar error detected

edit on 28-5-2012 by 2Faced because: second

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Well, spelled reversed, it stands for Ovi, which means 'door' in Finnish. And that could fit the bill.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did you watch Ghostbusters before doing this?

Ivo Shandor is the leader of the Cult of Gozer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Nope, I am positive, Ghostbusters came much later. I was pretty amazed to see the name pop-up, in a ghost related movie no less. I still remember jumping up and pointing it out to my gf of that time (and others after her no doubt), because I told her about it. I can see why it is even harder to believe my story. But like I said, I have no need for attention. Perhaps I should just have asked it in the context of the movie Ghostbusters, were it not for the fact that I also forgotten that it was mentioned there too, besides, the event stands out more in my mind I guess..

Come to think of it, this is the second abnormal experience I have had in relation to ghost's. I remember posting about a dream I had, also very long ago (15 to 20 yrs at least), about the winchester house. I know the place inside out, yet I have NEVER been there in my life.

But please, divulge more if you can/like!
Is there anything about piano's or piano playing?

edit on 28-5-2012 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by 2Faced

Well, spelled reversed, it stands for Ovi, which means 'door' in Finnish. And that could fit the bill.

You mean as a doorway in to another realm? I can relate, but this gf sitting on the couch behind me remarked that it was IVO, and not reversed. You know how women can sometimes be very nitpicky, but in a way she might be right.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ivo may not have been the entities true name. When you use a Ouija Board, the beings you converse with are under no obligation to answer your questions truthfully. It may not have even been a human spirit at all in fact. It wouldn't be the first time an inhuman entity has masqueraded as a human spirit. I've heard some pretty bad stories about seances gone wrong, so you were pretty lucky. Though I don't know if those stories were factual or not.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VeiledMoon

This get's weirder! The guy I mentioned, whom I asked to remember the question, had a girlfriend who was struck with "WINTI", some sort of spiritual posession, soon after. Again I have to ask my friend about the chronology, but I am pretty sure it was not long after the seance. I didn't think anything of it at that time because she was a little bit of an attention whore, and you should realize we were a group of teenaged kids, fooling around. However. she caused quite a stir for a couple of weeks, within her (surinam) community. They take that stuff (winti, bakroe, lebba etc.) very serious.

Assuming that Ivo character was some sort of spiritual manifestation, seeing that I could ask questions without speaking, there is no reason why I should exclude your theory. I'm glad you brought it up anyway, because in hindsight I think what happend to the girl, is perhaps indeed the result of what we were clowning around with. I even feel somewhat responsible now.

peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oddly enough, I did a lot of automatic writing myself in my younger years in the craft. I was often contacted by an entity called Novi. I don't know why it should strike a chord with me now. I've only a few messages recorded and this is dated to a notebook back in 1998. I was twenty-two years old. In the spirit of serendipity and a belief that there are NO coincidences, I'll share the two pertinent messages and see if in some way they correlate.

Session 1 - Jan 98 (Five individuals witnessing event)
Contact Novi. Asked if human - No. Asked if he was evil or bad. - No Asked if good and still answered no.
We asked if it wanted to give a message - replied yes. (I wish I had a concise message to relay, however with Novi this was never the case) The message was - Mercy Way. Uncode. 27. Wendigo.

Session 2 - Feb 98 (3 individuals present)
Contact with entity claiming to be Novi. Not human. We asked what it was and it replied "not like you" This particular conversation was more fluid and conversation like. We asked if it had ever live on earth and it replied it never left. We asked if it was unique or part of a group of beings in which it replied a group. We asked what they called themselves they didn't respond at all again that session.

This second session I can remember created quite a stir within my circle. It was why your Ivo, somehow struck me and made me remember Novi. Auto writing with a said ghost, animal guide, angel or demon was one thing. But to have a creature claim no known run of the mill party hat favorites, was big news.

Session 3 - Feb 98 (5 individuals present)
Contact claims to be with Novi. It was asked where he lived which was replied in-between. (This is a rather stereo-typical answer which always raises warning flags.) It said it has a message which was, David, Gabriel, Sabeen 12 Over Water.

The names that were given mean little in regards to actual people I believe. And the entire episode with Novi ended in great disappointment. I never categorized it as anything more than unknown spirit, and only thought of it because IVO NOVI. Any ways. Toodles.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Session 3 - Feb 98 (5 individuals present)
It said it has a message which was, David, Gabriel, Sabeen 12 Over Water.

Wow.
This actually means something very important to me. Thank you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Well Googled, sir. Well Googled.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Glad to hear it.

No such thing as coincidence I suppose.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Glad to hear it.

No such thing as coincidence I suppose.

Yes, I do not believe in coincidence.
Thanks again, seriously.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ivo is Celtic . Meaning YEW .

Thats as far as my research goes .

I cannot stress highly enough that once you open a doorway , be prepared that anything can come through it .

Good luck .

DP

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Ivo is a quite common Slavic name, apparently there's about 18000 of them alive right now in this country alone, not counting different variations of the name.
So unless you provide more information, I don't think anyone here will be able to tell you more.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Is it possible to elaborate on what it means to you here..? Or is it something 'personal'... I'm baffled by this 'random connection'...
Interesting indeed..!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaEnigma

That's the weirdest thing about it - it's the last piece to a very personal, spiritual puzzle that I've been trying to put together. The message was exactly what I needed to hear, everything fell in place.

And I'm really baffled, too - a random thread on ATS that I almost didn't read? How weird is that?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I get that a lot. Random connections that have profound meaning for a complete stranger. I'm one of those that changes an atheist's religion.

(Throws arms up and ducks for cover!)

new topics

top topics

join