It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of the United States: Day 1 – What do you do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'ma go with a Canadian perspective. Our population density is much lower, and I stand a reasonable chance of being able to take my family through fields and forests without encountering another soul. We live close to the edge of town, but the first priority would not be to get out. It would be to stay put. Move into the basement for day 1, and change nothing of the outward appearance of the house. Stay well back from windows, but survey the surroundings to find how others have reacted.

Take some time to collect only what we can carry comfortably, including multi-purpose tools like kitchen knives, and my trusty hammer. Day 2, silently head out through the back of the house, over the fence, and into the fields north of here. As much as possible, avoid roads, and avoid population centres. Always avoid driving. Water is all over the place in this province, and wildlife is abundant.

We'd have a long way to go, but plenty of comfort can be had out of doors here. As long as it's not winter. Then all bets are off.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
when get word of such a grand event ... slaughter a couple wild boars and a water buffalo to roast ... break out the homebrew .. send my wives to the nearby villages to invite the villagers up to what will be one hell of a party when the biggest threat to world peace aside from the genocidal psychopaths israel has collapsed ( pity israel isnt wiped out at the same time ) .. wont have to worry about an american invasion any longer and the world would see some much needed peace ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Grand event?

The collapse of the world's most powerful economy would have global implications...a worldwide economic crash the likes of which have NEVER been seen or imagined.

I think the Redneck has an excellent grasp on exactly how this would play out.

Me...

1) Bust out the radios and see if we can find out what's going on...first.
2) If the cell phones are working, call my friends and family and get them here pronto. (none of them are preppers).
3) Fire up the generator (for the well pump) and start a stockpile of water.
4) If any stores are open (even if cash only), I'm good, so I'll see what I can get, but not really a necessity.
4) Secure the perimeter of the property. Booby traps, and station patrols and watches.
5) Devise the ration plan (based on who gets there).
6) Keep monitoring the situation.

Thing is, you'd have to have some food, water, fuel, and other supplies already prepped, as chances are, when the lights are out, you aren't going to be able to get these things. Nature abhors a vacuum, so if the US does collapse, SOMEBODY will swoop in to fill the power void, so that's going to bear some monitoring. All one can really do is take care of their own, and try and ride it out.

when get word of such a grand event ... slaughter a couple wild boars and a water buffalo to roast ... break out the homebrew .. send my wives to the nearby villages to invite the villagers up to what will be one hell of a party when the biggest threat to world peace aside from the genocidal psychopaths israel has collapsed ( pity israel isnt wiped out at the same time ) .. wont have to worry about an american invasion any longer and the world would see some much needed peace ...

And just who is going to buy your nation's goods? And, if it isn't the US, then they likely sell to the US, so without those customers (and thus money), how are they going to buy from you? While you can celebrate the death of the "great Satan"...you'll soon be realizing that you can't eat oil, and if nobody is buying it, it's absolutely worthless. The Chinese would be the logical choice as new head honchos, so hope you enjoy communism. Say goodbye to whatever religious ideas you had, as they won't be permitted anymore. You have NO idea how drastic your life would change without the US as the world's largest consumers.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join