It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse of the United States: Day 1 – What do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Imagine, if you will, kissing you kids goodnight, letting the dogs in, locking the doors and crawling into bed with your better half after making sure the alarm clock is set for the next day, then drifting off to sleep.

You awake from your slumber to find your alarm didn’t go off, seems the power is out and its eerily quiet outside except the faint sound of sirens, possibly from a fire truck? Ambulance? Who knows, so you walk outside to find that the “SHTF” scenario has just become reality... whatever scenario first comes to mind.

Its officially DAY ONE of the collapse of the United States. What do you do?

***My main focus is to see what peoples first response to a situation they don’t know much about would be. Panic, focus, assist or lead ect… to get ideas that maybe I havent considered and learn from others****

edit on 28-5-2012 by JBpage76 because: More Detail ***

edit on 28-5-2012 by JBpage76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Grab the guns board the windows and lock the doors, we're in for a bumpy ride....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't really care about survival at that point...in the sense that I would essentially be dead anyways..
so anything I did after that point of recognition would essentially be on borrowed time and worth the risk.

HAPPY?
edit on 28-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

collapse of the United States? from what? will the power go off on day 1, cause I thought it started happening years ago

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i live in rural places. i'd stop going to work for one. just more time for me to meditate and do nothing all day
oh please US collapse already. i need a break from the bull# it takes to survive here

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Depends on what it was. Earthquake? Tornado? etc.

1. Remain calm.
2. Position a safety person with bullhorn or comms and a commanding view.
3. Assemble whatever resources and brief them.
4. Set up triage area and plan to relocate if more tornados etc.
5. Begin sweeps. Mark all cleared areas/structures. Paint, rocks whatever you have.
6. Have any trained persons staffing the triage begin. Locate any available med supplies.
7. Set up for clean water before rescue assets become endangered from dehydration.

Well you get the point. Do what you can with what you got and try to save as many as possible.

Im assuming your talking economic collapse? Thats gonna take a long while. Its not coming overnight.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I would be the one to go put my uniform on and prepare to protect the rest of the population from folks like you.

And there are alot of us, and we have some pretty nifty toys.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Question!

Are we talking economic implosion type shtf??

That seems more likely, and is what i was told to prepare for from my ummmmmm friends.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First thing I would do is to NOT post my plans all over the internet for the whole world to see. Are you just trying to get intel on us?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtcGod
reply to post by yourmaker

I would be the one to go put my uniform on and prepare to protect the rest of the population from folks like you.

And there are alot of us, and we have some pretty nifty toys.

i'm not going to just attack some random guy who doesn't deserve it.
just so you know. i'm not going to take the farmers stuff. don't get too worked up.
I would be painstakingly accurate in my 'operation' for survival.

and this is all speculation, it would really depend on the extent of the 'collapse' or what I need specifically...

I would side with you depending on the scenario. but if you're defending an illegitimate government or working with an armed gang, then...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In relation to the thread title my reply.......

Love thy neighbor. You should have been doing this all along but if not, start. Your communities must be strong, friends, family, neighbors, even the people you dont normally speak to. We can all help each other and when the time comes, and it will, you will know that you all have each other.
Regardless of Religion
Color
Class
And all other things that they may try to use to cause waves and divisions among us all.
You will see many things and hear of things. On TV? Prime example of trickery.

If the media decided to pull a massive event to move focus or influence the general way of thinking, will you fall for it again?
Unless you see it with your own eyes will you still believe what they are showing you?

Its a bit like the education system where you are only allowed to learn what they decide you are allowed to know.
ADHD or boredom? Have some more of those illegal pills they call Ritalin when really its Methylphenidate which is actually illegal.

Legal status Internationally, methylphenidate is a Schedule II drug under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.
In the United States, methylphenidate is classified as a Schedule II controlled substance, the designation used for substances that have a recognized medical value but present a high potential for abuse.
In the United Kingdom, methylphenidate is a controlled 'Class B' substance, and possession without prescription is illegal, with a sentence up to 14 years and/or an unlimited fine.
In Canada, methylphenidate is listed in Schedule III of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (along with '___', psychedelic mushrooms, and mescaline, among others), and is illegal to possess without a prescription, pursuant to Part G (section G.01.002) of the Food and Drug Regulations under the Food and Drugs Act.
In New Zealand, methylphenidate is a 'class B2 controlled substance'. Unlawful possession is punishable by six-month prison sentence and distribution of it is punishable by a 14-year sentence.

Yet????

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'd probably hit the courts. Shoot around a bit.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i need a little more explanation as to why the SHTF, was it an invasion? Martial law? economic? my response will differ depending on the situation.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What kind of collapse are you talking about?

If it were an EMP, I am sure I would not hear a siren or have electricity. If it were an economic collapse and I didn't know about it, I would check the local news on TV or websites, call my family across country to hear whats going on with them....

There are so many what ifs here......

Why dont you tell us what you would do first

edit on 28-5-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well as i believe i would have atleast 24 hours notice of said shtf. I would in the first moment notifify family and friends to go into action as previously discussed. I would also send a few u2u's to some folks on here, friends, foes and the likes with my phone number attached and a password that would come in handy if you make it to ummmm certain places.

This is only if gas shortage w/ no resupply within 2 days. Followed by anarchy in the cities come day 3. The whole no food, water, electric stuff ya know.

However, ide be on the road with the fam and like minded friend mid day 2.

Ehhhhhhh but who knows.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Predawn infiltration of the Local liquor store. Take and hold said position until reinforcements arrive. Liberate all the spirits held captive. Egress under the cover of darkness the following evening. Reconnoiter the local Pawnshops, Gun stores for ammunition, supplies and related hardware.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
eh, just go back to bed, may as well have plenty of rest before I take care of what needs to be done.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Grab the gear, some weapons. And head out into the wastes.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

lol.. Thats too funny. No, not gathering intel. The specifics of my emergency action plan are kept pretty close to the chest too.

Just throwing a generic scenario out there, to see what other people would do in SHTF. To get ideas and basically see what other peoples minds create. Sort of a finish the story thread, not how many MREs do you have and where…

CX

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well i'm in the UK so of course i'd put the kettle on, make a cuppa and watch it on Fox News.

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join