It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will you take a stand?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What is your breaking point? You see how TPTB don’t give a [snip] about the people they are suppose to represent, you see how your hard earned tax money is being used for relentless corruption and evil deeds, how your rights to freedom and privacy is being taken away bit by bit, slowly but surely, how your trusted federal agencies are turning out to be the most I immoral sons-of-a-B’s that you can imagine.

When is the point where YOU will stand up and say, “Whoa, this is wrong! I’m going to do something”?

Will it be when you are starring down the barrel of M16, when martial law is declared in your city, will it be when you are being held in a FEMA camp for being ‘troublesome’, will it be when you face terrorism charges for not agreeing with your government, when all of your personal information is being stored in giant data warehouses, when your government kills your fellow countrymen to make an excuse for going to war and kill more innocents, when your government uses the powers it’s people has bestowed on them against those very people?

I just want to know. When is that point for you? Is it soon? Do you feel it brewing up inside you? Or has it long since passed?
Just be honest with me, just for a second, just one post...

When will you take a stand?

edit on 28-5-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: cleaning up

edit on 28-5-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: "

edit on Mon May 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
When there is a better option on the table

As of now there isn't,

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When I am ordered to violate God's law as I understand it. I need to protect my soul more than my privacy or my money.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When they attack Iran

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by TritonTaranis

Only because we havent created one.
And are we just suppose to let it go because there isnt one?

Dont we owe it to huminity to be more humane?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Honestly that point, I hope, will never come for me. America is the greatest country on this planet. Sure we have our problems, as do all countries, but these mass arrest and martial law you speak of has never, and most probably will never take place. I respect your opinion and don't wish to belittle your post, but seriously if things are so bad for you here, have you ever thought of moving? Heck I hear the DPRK is wonderful this time of year.

I'd be interested to know if your life improves outside the US of A.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When I am sure that my "Stand" is truly the right thing to do and I am not being a rebel just to be a rebel.

When I am sure that I am not being misled by rabble rousers who only want to see things burn.

When I am sure rabble rousers are not actually working for the TPTB in order just to set me up to take a fall and be a useful patsy in order to make an example of.

When I am sure I have all the info and not just bits and pieces of it.

When I am sure that I can work in secret and behind the scenes so as to not have a constant target pained on my head.

When I am sure.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The breaking point was a long time ago... For many.

The tensions and events unfolding currently are only just surfacing, surfacing like boiling point after much simmering. Civil unrest and sense of injustice has been embedded in the back of every bodies minds, but now the infomation generation is allowing this to be heard. Look at the times of Lennon, Malcome X, Martin Luther, and Ruby Ridge...

The only difference now from then, is we can have a voice... And its getting harder to ignore, revolution is ALL around us.

Things are looking good for our revolution, as hard as that seems, we got occupy America, occupy Quebec, Arab Spring, might as well say Civil war in Greece, Spain will be next, Russia, Iran are sticking a big fat finger up to the west, as are China, North Korea taking a stand, even if its a wild one,

Whistle Blowers and Government corruption finally coming out the closets (Julian Assange, soon to be Senator.of Australia), my mans on house arrest, and still running TV shows
WikiLeaks, Wikispooks, RT news, the Alyona Show, Ron Paul,

And of course, ATS - Deny Ignorance!

So it ent looking to bad folks, and that not evn the tip of the iceburg... Its gonna be a sore bumpy ride, but change is on the horizon

edit on 28-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by BeliefInReality

Actually I am from South Africa. We already have it much better here for a while now. You have little freedoms left and your great country is responsible for almost every major war int the past and present.

Our government are the toddlers of corruption and espionage. Yours is miles ahead. If you consider that a better life go ahead and live it up.

The only reason I care is because, what happens in the US, invariably makes it's way down here.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Everyone talks about taking a stand.
Nobody knows how to do it.

Just more talk. What are any of you doing?
Posting on a forum about how people should take a stand?

Exactly. You haven't done jack. You don't even know where you would begin
or how to affect any actual change.

Will this win me friends? No. But it's the truth and each and every one of you know it.
edit on 28-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Together We Stand, Divided We Fall.
And due to propaganda, staged events, that lead to wars, illness, famine, poverty and also divisions in religions and colors it would seem that they are slowly but surely reducing numbers.

Well thats if you believe everything that they allow you to watch and see on TV and Internet.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
when more people than don't begin using their own legal names and images on online conspiracy forums to discuss their ideas.

as long as people conceal themselves, the only thing certain to me is that they are less trustworthy than the people that commit their crimes in broad daylight.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm sorry. Your post sounded like it was written by an American for Americans. It's amazing how many non-Americans come on here and bash my country, not having a clue as to what it's like living here. It'd be like if I posted a comment on ATS bashing South Africa for its continuing support of racial segregation. Of course I'd never do such a thing, because I haven't got a clue. I'm sure your country has come a long way in extending rights to all races.

After all apartheid ended way back in 1994.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
when more people than don't begin using their own legal names and images on online conspiracy forums to discuss their ideas.

as long as people conceal themselves, the only thing certain to me is that they are less trustworthy than the people that commit their crimes in broad daylight.

I would agree but it's that concealment of identity for now that allows these ideas to flow freely without fear of persecution, depending on where you live.

in North America, we are only now beginning to feel the effects that people in China and Russia have felt for years, inability to coerce governments into obeying the wills of the people.

also it's the culture we find ourselves in, the rebellious spirit has shifted towards anonymity which came with the internet and the self-establishment of the Anonymous collective.

I know for a fact that my screen name can be linked to me in more then one way so I am not truly anonymous.
It does not negate me from speaking my opinion on any matter as I would say the same if my name were there, you know that as we've had a brief discussion on the matter before.

being aware of the situation as a whole,
you are taking a stand,
sharing information,
you are taking a stand.

you don't have to march on D.C with a thousand armed civilians to take a stand.
we need to infilitrate the government with likeminded people to institute change.

we need to take over institutions, create our own government bodies.

you do realize we could abolish the entire system simply by mass refusal and a change of mindset, right?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.cia.gov...

Here are some fun facts about South Africa. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did

Text

HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS:
5.6 million (2009 est.)
country comparison to the world: 1

Illicit drugs:
transshipment center for heroin, hashish, and coc aine, as well as a major cultivator of marijuana in its own right; coc aine and heroin consumption on the rise; world's largest market for illicit methaqualone, usually imported illegally from India through various east African countries, but increasingly producing its own synthetic drugs for domestic consumption; attractive venue for money launderers given the increasing level of organized criminal and narcotics activity in the region and the size of the South African economy

South Africa has placed military along the border to apprehend the thousands of Zimbabweans fleeing economic dysfunction and political persecution; as of January 2007, South Africa also supports large numbers of refugees and asylum seekers from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (33,000), Somalia (20,000), Burundi (6,500), and other states in Africa (26,000); managed dispute with Namibia over the location of the boundary in the Orange River; in 2006, Swazi king advocates resort to ICJ to claim parts of Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal from South Africa

Life expectancy at birth:
total population: 49.41 years
country comparison to the world: 219
male: 50.34 years
female: 48.45 years (2012 est.)

edit on 28-5-2012 by redneck13 because: x

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

I get where you are coming from, but there is only one person in the U.S. with my name and I really don't want every Tom. Dick and Harry that post here know where to find me. Guess I am a bit paranoid. My name is not me anyway, it's just a tag.

I tell people here, my legislators and all my email and FB friends what I'm thinking. I don't come here to lie, cheat or steal. I don't ask anyone here to trust me, just consider my words as I do theirs.

I come here to learn, to share and to have a good laugh at this crazy world.

I appreciate that you are ready to tell the whole world who you are and what you stand for
My username describes me more than my name does.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Fear...that's a problem also...too many scared people. and by infiltrate the government do you mean fill out an application and get a job or running for public office?

perhaps i'm overthinking this but, it doesn't make sense that I should call being actively involved in my own government an infiltration...that's just dumb.

if you have to infiltrate it, its not yours. thus, nothing you think about it is relevant.

link   
reply to post by redneck13

Yes! South Africa really sounds like a modern day Shangri-La, doesn't it? If only America could be so awesome!

link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Reply to post by TritonTaranis

Only because we havent created one.
And are we just suppose to let it go because there isnt one?

Dont we owe it to huminity to be more humane?

You're totally correct, WE the people ALL the people need to create a truly free & fair world together, because no government will ever do that, not until one rules supreme, until then they will remain at war with each other, and when one falls another will takes its place as has happened countless time through out history, when the Roman empire fell Europe fell into the dark ages for 600yrs and technology and advancements was lost for hundreds of years, and then an empire will rise and then they go and do much of the same, they're all the same,

I definitely feel there is no better alternative than TPTB who rule over me, they're without question the lesser of two evils

And IMO, this "better world" you speak of will never happen with Extremist Islam, as it seeks to create its own, and does not wish to integrate with anybody where it is majority or a nation

I fear we will all go are own separate ways into space colonising other earth like planets, that is if we do not kill each other in between now and then when the technology becomes available for such travel,

This is why i don't mind the NWO, if it brings us all together we have time to sort out are differences and make steps to share wealth & resources, it is our only option and we must do it FAST, i know its not a popular thing to say on here, but the other options are far more dangerous as our weapons become far more powerful, we are simply running out of time and the Clock is ticking down to Armageddon,

There are over 24.000 nuclear warheads today and over 500 nuclear reactors, that number grown every decade and still many nation who have issues with other nation seek to own them, the world is sectioned up into 4-5 different factions still, and guess what they all what global domination

Were be very lucky if were all here in 50yrs time, i'd be even more surprised it we make it to a type 1 civilization

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

As soon as you take a stand.

Of course that's the problem isn't it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join