It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive bluefin tuna crossed the Pacific to US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm wondering.......

when will we see 8 tentacle tuna ? or maybe a tuna that cant swim ? see thru tuna ?

I bet they all gonna be yummy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Radioactive bluefin tuna....

Did anyone check to count how many eyes those tuna had?? The only image in the posted article was an old 'file photo' from 2007.....if the latest catch have three eyes, then might be cause for some concern:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So as I was saying in the other post that I could not put this on,

I just read this and told my girl not to buy anymore TUNA, my 5 year old Loves tuna,and this is going to break her heart ,,,
I don't know should we buy it so she can get her immune system up for her future?? Or I would rather just BAN this product.... HARD DECISION???

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My cats like to eat ocean whitefish,salmon and tuna.
I will let you guys know if my cats start getting sick.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012nwaiting
So as I was saying in the other post that I could not put this on,

I just read this and told my girl not to buy anymore TUNA, my 5 year old Loves tuna,and this is going to break her heart ,,,
I don't know should we buy it so she can get her immune system up for her future?? Or I would rather just BAN this product.... HARD DECISION???

Okay, for the record, this is Bluefin Tuna, not all Tuna. This is not the same tuna you buy in a tin. Bluefin costs LOT of money, and the vast majority of it is consumed in Japan. So it's pretty unlikely you are eating it.

NOW, with that said; The Oceans are full of toxic crap. Everything you eat that comes out of the ocean has more than just radiation in it. And radiation has been present in Tuna for DECADES.

For example, other Tuna they tested did not test positive for radiation from Japan (although it still held trace amounts from testing DECADES ago. The stuff lingers.

To rule out the possibility that the radiation was carried by ocean currents or deposited in the sea through the atmosphere, the team also analyzed yellowfin tuna, found in the eastern Pacific, and bluefin that migrated to Southern California before the nuclear crisis. They found no trace of cesium-134 and only background levels of cesium-137 left over from nuclear weapons testing in the 1960s.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Anyone buying anything out of the pacific right now while the nuke poison continues to spill into it is not thinking it through.

Agreed. Although you could say the same for just about anything from any ocean when you expand out to other toxins, like mercury, which have been present for many, many years now. And yet people still buy fish.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

And buying out the Atlantic is only so much better. Actually, it is. The chemicals should be dispersed by now.

Look, not eating meat is hard to do.

And didn't someone mention that Mad Cow has made a comeback in California? And Salmonella is frequently found on fresh veggies.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

To rule out the possibility that the radiation was carried by ocean currents or deposited in the sea through the atmosphere, the team also analyzed yellowfin tuna, found in the eastern Pacific, and bluefin that migrated to Southern California before the nuclear crisis. They found no trace of cesium-134 and only background levels of cesium-137 left over from nuclear weapons testing in the 1960s.

Cesium-137 left over from nuclear weapons testing in the 1960s?

GOD DAMN!!! That's nice to hear. Imagine how long the radiation from Fukushima will last since they are basically cycling sea water through it as a coolant and dumping it straight back into the sea.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well the Gov won't protect us... at least we have ATS as early warning..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

While it stinks that we nearly destroy our environment with our energy needs, there is no alternative at the moment. And mother nature itself does enough damage on its own, it doesn't need our help. Time to invest more into new energy ideas..
edit on 28-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Considering how 99.99% of all places in the universe that we know about are all uninhabitable, and are naturally non-conducive to life we can make a couple of rather safe assumptions. First nature has a tendency to be hostile to life. Second, the average expression of natural tendencies is non-conducive to life as we know it. And finally, nature is always changing. If all three of these assumptions were only remotely accurate, it wouldn't be that hard to see life as we know it something of a rarity, and something that is temporary at best. We can only accelerate or slow down certain aspects of natural progression. Can we ruin our planet? Given enough time yes. Can we make other places habitable? Given enough time, possibly! But, how much time would nature really allow for either of these situations to occur?

We're in such a balanced place on earth, it would only take a stray asteroid or something crazy tiny like a bad virus to put us in a tough spot. So, I think you're right, mother nature can very well destroy us on its own. We really shouldn't be trying to help it along!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Cesium-137 left over from nuclear weapons testing in the 1960s?

GOD DAMN!!! That's nice to hear. Imagine how long the radiation from Fukushima will last since they are basically cycling sea water through it as a coolant and dumping it straight back into the sea.

that does ruffle the feathers doesn't it.

cs 134 and 137 from Fukus will be drifting around in our environment/atmosphere for 4.2 and 60 years respectively. that's why the signature for Fukus is 134 and 137 together because most, if not all, 134 is gone from other means.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I find the article slightly slanted. First it tries to scare you with " YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" then they say "lol nah jokes the Tuna will shed the radiation off during their life cycle" then they say " There are Tuna swimming around still with radiation from the 60's"

WTF???

How the hell can the tuna get rid of the radiation over the next couple of years if there are still Tuna with background radiation from weapons testing freaking 50 years ago??

But scientists did not expect the nuclear fallout to linger in huge fish that sail the world because such fish can metabolize and shed radioactive substances.

I think I shall quote Bill Murray from Groundhog day.
"Morons!..You're bus is leaving.."

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

dominicus. Thanks for the update, its a terrible mess and if more data was presented on how bad this mess is effecting the world overall maybe more would be done to fix this issue with a GLOBAL EFFORT. snf

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Nice migratory path eh ?
Direct to you have new meaning. Also notice France etc nuke test site, thats kinda near their south migratory path isnt it ?

Radioactive tuna will cure your muscle pain, get it now while still fresh.
The radiotherapy tuna meat is safe to eat and will be absorb into your organs for a permanent germs killer and defender. This specially catch of the day best served raw with the radiotherapy nori seaweed sushi. The radiotherapy is below dangerous level to human and accumulated since last few decades. It will be far more common and we are expecting the price will come down in future.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No prob. I was just wondering why they werent talking about the food supply contamination on the MSM like they were on all the indy news sites, which have for the past year already, been talking about the tuna and other foods and areas starting to become contaminated.

I think the Alaskan Salmon supply will be next.

I also saw in the news recently, that mini Indy grocery stores have popped up all over Japan and that they have radiation testing devices and that the customers come in and test themselves before they buy the products. So they are starting to evolve their method of survival in Japan. Here in the States, especially on the West coast, people are staring to purchase detectors and test the air and food as well

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
I find the article slightly slanted. First it tries to scare you with " YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" then they say "lol nah jokes the Tuna will shed the radiation off during their life cycle" then they say " There are Tuna swimming around still with radiation from the 60's"

WTF???

How the hell can the tuna get rid of the radiation over the next couple of years if there are still Tuna with background radiation from weapons testing freaking 50 years ago??

But scientists did not expect the nuclear fallout to linger in huge fish that sail the world because such fish can metabolize and shed radioactive substances.

I think I shall quote Bill Murray from Groundhog day.
"Morons!..You're bus is leaving.."

yes you detected complete and utter BS from them saying "the tuna will shed the radiation. sure they will, in 4.2 and 60 years depending on the nuclide.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You sorts are focusing on just the "tuna"?!?

Oh wait.....after you leave the tanning salon, how much "radiation" do you think you just "ingested"?

Do NOT go out into the sunlight!! Stay indoors!! Block the windows!

By all means, be afraid! (Be very, very, VERY afraid....for the entirety of your lives!!)

Or, one could just live life, as it is.

Try to choose.

POINT is....we will ALL die sometime.....are YOU "afraid" of death? I'm not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join