It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well being scientifically minded like I am and having no (True)Native American blood in me (as far as I know) other than being born in USA (which funny enough makes one a Native...go figure eh). Does one need to be?

I can honestly say however I have wondered about spirit animal guides. I find the concept fascinating!

I have had some strange encounters with Owls, 2 white ones and one mottled one (which I just photographed recently). The white ones both circled me at night years apart; the mottled one roosted in my tree. But I only mention these as others have, I live next to some mountains and often see coyotes, raccoons, cranes (usually in my backyard), ducks, geese, all manners of small birds, foxes (whole family lived down the road few years back), frogs, bugs, hawks and even a bald eagle...

But does that make them my spirit guide? If anything I have an inclination to Frogs they appear in my house as babbles and such I have also worn a necklace with a frog on it. But does this make the frog my spirit guide or just animals I have had encounters with and I like.

How does one recognize an animal guide vs. just an animal encounter or dream?

edit on 29-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It's all about how you perceive it.

My own opinion on the subject is that every animal we encounter is a spirit guide...because every animal has something to teach us. It's funny, really: animals are much less arrogant than us, so we obviously have many things to learn from the animal kingdom.

Serenity, for one.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

On more than one occasion in my life aboriginal women came to me with messages. Often I was told that the racoon was my spirit animal. This made me laugh because throughout my life, coons always seemed to adopt me and hang out. Once a coon adopted both me and my russian blue cat. The ritual was that both would have their bowl of food and water. Koo (racoon) would come and eat his food side by side with Keko and then remain visiting for hours each day. Often you could find both Keko and Koo resting touching each other side by side. Sometimes he would fall asleep right beside my leg.

It seemed where ever I moved, coons would always find there way to me.

So is the story of my life with coons.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

White owl has a nice ring to it, that's your new name. Lol have great day friend.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

White owl has a nice ring to it, that's your new name. Lol have great day friend.

Is that a pun?
)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nope, but it is a nice name and if I was gonna make a pun I would of called you Kermit because of the frogs.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Nope, but it is a nice name and if I was gonna make a pun I would of called you Kermit because of the frogs.

I will have you know that I do a spot on Kermit (better then his kid IMHO).

Kermit White Owl I will take it!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Nice.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wow, so many people have experienced animal guides.
Just stopping in for lunch, will get some time later to check the thread, but just wanted to tell you all
RAVEN IS PLEASED!
and so am I.

Peace out!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

I will tell you my way;
Close your eyes (or don´t),
take your personal inner dialogue and tell it to shut up (force if you have to).
You will know when you see it, for it´s pretty much like when you look through a crowd of people,
and suddenly you realize that someone is staring straight at you!
At least, that´s my way...
(note: methods may vary.)
Also: It is always good to have your wits about you in these things.
Be sure.

edit on 29-5-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Mine is a ninja turtle.
I say ninja, because I've never seen him.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I know a lot of people are going to scoff at this, and that is fine. It is something that I have pretty much kept to myself over the years, however, I am just curious so I will explain my experience, and then if you have something similar, I would love to hear your story.

I began to dream about raven several years ago. First it was a raven on a tree in a field telling me about changes in animal totems. I would watch one set of animals go into the woods and others emerge and would hear a voice saying things were changing. Usually this would happen as my moods changed over the years and I would be put into different circumstances causing a change from wolf to deer or elk to moose etc. All rather strange considering I never gave animal totems much thought. When I would look into the meanings of these animals I would gain insight into personal relationships and how I was evolving through them. That was how I first met Raven.Funny, I had always thought of myself/my guide as wolf.

Then I moved back to my hometown in Alaska.
I had a lay over in Juneau and had to rent a hotel room. I accidentally left the window open, and the next morning I awoke to a raven cawing at me from the window. My eyes opened and I looked at it, and I heard in my mind "Welcome Home". It was very direct.
I went for a walk that morning before I caught my flight to my home town, and for the first time in many many years, I felt at home. It wasn't just a feeling, my soul was in a state of relief. I was being watched by several ravens as I walked through a small trail around the hotel. I felt a weird connection.

Over the next year, I kept having these weird experiences with ravens, where they would just catch my attention and I would know something. Usually having to do with illness. Seems ravens tell me when people are ill in my family.

As I researched into ravens and raven as a spirit guide I realized something I had already played with in my mind, which was raven IS my guide. The weird thing is, I got a double whammy, I am half Tlingit native and half Norwegian, both cultures firmly believed in raven. Could it be genetic?

The more I have looked into all of the meanings, the more convinced I am that raven is a real spirit being.
Anyone else have something similar?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: Typos, no elf coming out of the woods...elk...lol

I'm really happy that you're looking into the "deeper" aspects of your experience here on this planet.

Let me help you out here...SPIRIT GUIDES ARE SPIRITUAL MIDDLEMEN who divvy your energy out to anyone who's purchasing...including your "SPIRIT animals." They technically don't even exist until you give power to them FOR them to exist.

This place isn't what you think it is whatsoever...

Don't be deceived.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

Interesting.

So you are saying that guides do nothing but peddle soul energy?

Just trying to get where you are coming from.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Red Tailed Hawk - My totem.

Has always been since I can remember. There are several that live behind my house in an open field with a few tall trees. Sometimes they visit me in the morning, perching on my fence just a few feet away.

I also see them when starting out on a road trip. They'll swoop down from a tree or telephone pole and fly in front of me. On one occasion, I was sitting in my study on the 2nd floor and had a big male literally fly by the window to look in.

i'm firmly convinced that there is some connection....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by gentledissident

I have thought about what you said and I have not asked an elder about it as of yet and I did have a dream of myself in a cocoon and coming out of it and spreading light to every room and I wonder if this something to do with it.

P.S. who Jung? Is it Carl Jung or is that somebody on this board?

Yes Carl Jung. I would think he would say your emergence and illumination dream means you are eliminating the barriers to your unconscious. He would also ask if this is what you think it means.

I had a dark spot in my brain for a while. I consciously illuminated it, as I know just where it is. I now can see it's a cluttered closet with a sleeping badger on a metal cart. I take this as a sign of my developing potential.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

well if we are sharing...

mine is an EAGLE....i call him HOR.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

YAY!

I have been waiting for an eagle!
Welcome to the party!

Ok, back to work I go.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why has no one yet provided instructions on discovering your spirit animal?

Google would be more than happy to help, but doesn't filter bunk from the true meat and potatoes of the matter...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Google would be more than happy to help, but doesn't filter bunk from the true meat and potatoes of the matter...

I don't think there is a set of specific instructions. The key is to be observant and attentive. When one is open to the spiritual realm, it becomes obvious. At least that's my experience....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Only reason really I tagged onto this thread...Curiosity on how...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join