It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Thanks for the correction!

I do appreciate accuracy,
especially when it is something I say

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Mine is a Ratel Which is a Southern African badger. I met it whilst doing shamanic training back in the day . It was about 6 ft tall whe walking on its hindlegs. I did not know what it was until I saw one one a nature programme where it used a piece of wood as a tool to get at some fruit by moving it into position and climbing onto it.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Grasshopper Symbolism and Meanings
Lucky
Stable
Virtue
Vibrant
Content
Intuitive
Fertility
Patient
Peaceful
Creativity
Abundance
Insightful
Messenger
Connected
Courageous
Resourceful
Forward Thinking

As an animal totem, the grasshopper appeals to artists, musicians and dancers. To wit, the lilting song this creature emits is an inspiration to our muse; its skittering and jumping is divine choreography. The artist within us all easily recognizes the grasshopper making its own dance steps, and grooving to its own special melody.

The grasshopper moves to its own rhythm and tune, indicating this creature is a advocate of intuition and listening to our inner voices.

The grasshopper encourages us to listen to our own stirrings - those beautiful chirping lullaby's that sing in our hearts are indications of our inner beauty and creativity. The grasshopper totem reminds us these inner musings must never be silenced - rather, they should be nurtured, and always remain as the background music to the performance of our lives.

As with most insect totems, the grasshopper keeps itself to the ground. As such, this is a grounding totem, and the grasshopper can teach us stability, patience, security, and solidarity.
The grasshopper chooses those of us who are innovators, forward-thinkers, and those who progress in life by unorthodox methods. This is because grasshopper symbolism recognizes tremendous leaps of faith, impressive jumps in progress and consistent forward momentum. Those with this totem are likely to aim high, and achieve amazing feats - they take great leaps where others fear to tread (or jump, in this case).

Grasshopper Totem and Symbolism
(there is a lot more info on that link for you)

They love to dance Natalia!

What is the crow’s meaning?

Throughout history, the crow has been associated with both positive and negative symbolic meanings. The most common are:
Life magic;
mystery of creation
Destiny,
personal transformation,
alchemy
Intelligence
Higher perspective
Being fearless, audacious
Flexibility, adaptability

Trickster, manipulative, mischievous Other traditional meanings associate the crow with bad omen, death, and dark witchcraft. The crow also carries the power of prophetic insight and symbolizes the void or core of creation.

Crow Spirit Animal
(a lot more on the link to this one as well)

This came within the last year you say?
5 of them?
Not only guardians, but wow,
you have the potential to be a psychic and artist in the most strongest sense

Perhaps now is the time to start thinking a lot deeper!
As the grasshopper caused you to do, so does the crow!
You got a double powered sign going on there!

edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: Added tons of info

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LastDog

Fox is one that has come to me over the last year along with bat.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Thanks for the correction!

I do appreciate accuracy,
especially when it is something I say

well, it certainly wasn't to wave a finger and say wrong wrong wrong.
It's just I have quite an affinity for the Ravens in my area. there are lots, and It's so fascinating to watch them reason things out. I'm currently trying to lure one to hang around my property...But the Hawks keep eating the bait. And the occasional fattened-up quail, which I also feed daily.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
BTW

My spirit animal is probably the Packrat. (also called woodrats)
The ones that live in my rock wall outside collect beer bottle tops....
It was hilarious to look in his home and find dozens of blue beer caps.

They don't live in my house....But I do have my own personal collection of a little bit of everything...probably including beercaps.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I didn't think you were waving a finger

Ravens are awesome birds, I used to watch them fight bald eagles in Alaska when I was there.

Try throwing out some shiny objects like new coins and see if they are interested in those instead of food.
They do love shiny things!

Might also add some mental messages to them when you do explaining these are gifts for them

I once watched a raven grab a big bag of potato chips out of the back of a guys truck. The bag was bigger than the raven was, but it managed to fly low to the ground down across the road into the muskeg.
Was funny, it was throwing all sorts of things out of the back of the guys truck until it found the bag of chips it wanted.
Almost felt guilty not chasing it away, but I have to much respect for them to stop them from doing something like that, and the guy should of known not to leave groceries in the back of his truck.
edit on 22-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Where did you find the tests?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That's pretty cool. Thanks for doing that
and that's so interesting!
Yes the crows started coming and at first it was just 3 then I noticed 5.
They visited yesterday actually
And the grasshopper was a few days ago. I have been thinking deeper

I have always had a strong intuition about things and this is just so very interesting!
Thanks again friend

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

You have a lot of things that like shiny objects around you

A packrat being one of them.

Sounds like you do too!

Small and stealthy,
and a hoarder of certain objects.
Didn't find anything on packrats or woodrats for an animal totem,
but lots of rats in general.

RAT
Cunning rat of silent creeping,
Friend of Ganesha, lord of might,
Guide me through mazes by your foresight,
For all good things are mine by right.

People with a Rat totem have a pronounced drive for success.

Ask yourself if you are pushing too hard or to the contrary,
if you are not pushing hard enough.

Rat also give their totem people a great ability to adapt to almost any environment.
Rat shows you how to gain foresight in any coming situation to avoid problems.
Rat people are cunning and shrewd, and can defend themselves aggressively when necessary.
They can also be restless and nervous and need to be careful of these traits.

The Hindu God of Overcoming Obstacles Ganesh uses a Rat as his steed.

For the Hindus, the Rat represents prudence and foresight.

Which is the reason that you see rats leaving a ship before it sinks or scurrying out of a building before it collapses. They know....

To the ancient Egyptians, Rats symbolized wisdom. Rat is the first sign of the Chinese Zodiac, symbolizing fertility and wealth. A white Rat is the companion of the Japanese god of happiness and a symbol of Daikoku, the god of prosperity.

Animal Totem : Rat

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I recently journeyed, with the help of a Shaman, to seek out my animal guides.

I entered a forest at night, and an Eagle was flying above me, unwilling to settle unless I invited it. I invited it.

As I did, the Eagle landed upon a tree branch, when at the same time a large male Elk appeared...watching.

So, at this point, what do I do, invite the Elk as well? I did not. I suppose I can only handle one animal spirit guide at a time.

I did, however, invite the Eagle to join me on the ground, which it did. It showed me it's wing span and other such wondrous virtues of another life form upon this Earth, all the while the Elk was witnessing this event.

I'm not really sure which is my true spirit guide...both?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You are eagle!!
YAY!!

I have been waiting for an Eagle!
It is an honor.

My teacher in high school was eagle, and was my first telepathic contact, and after his death, he is still a contact at times of need. I have MUCH respect for this totem, as it is one that I hold very close to myself.

Eagle's medicine includes
swiftness,
strength,
courage,
wisdom,
keen sight,
illumination of Spirit,
healing,
creation,
knowledge of magic,
ability to see hidden spiritual truths,
rising above the material to see the spiritual,
ability to see the overall pattern/big picture,
connection to spirit guides and teachers and higher truths,
great power and balance,
dignity with grace,
intuitive and creative spirit,
respect for the boundaries of the regions,
grace achieved through knowledge and hard work.

Us earthbound humans have for time unknown been inspired by the sight of eagles soaring high in the sky. In ancient Greece the eagle was associated with Zeus, who sometimes shape shifted into one so he could hurl his thunderbolts. In some Native American belief systems the eagle symbolises the Thunderbird, also associated with thunder and lightning. The eagle is a sacred messenger, carrying our prayers on its wings to the Creator/All That Is/Spirit, and returning with gifts and visions for the people.
Eagle feathers assist medicine people/shamans in connecting with Spirit for healing.
They are deemed the most sacred healing tools, a symbol of power, healing and wisdom.
The eagle is also linked to the sun in Gaelic lore, having been called in the Gaelic language Suil-na-Greine,
Eye of the Sun. As well as its ties with the powerful energies of the sky, Eagle holds a deeper meaning. From eagle we learn that life looks different from an aerial perspective. We need to take a new view on the challenges in our lives. If we don't readily find solutions it may be because our vision is too limited to see the solutions that are so glaringly obvious.

Tying in with this thread of thought, one of the lessons to be learned from eagle is not to depend exclusively on intellectual solutions. Through its connection to the air element, eagle is connected to intelligence, but also to Spirit, the knowing that goes far beyond intellect.

Some of Eagles powers are independence, vision and strength. We can see why the eagle has been, and still is, revered. The eagles home is the freedom of the sky. He spends most of his time fearlessly flying high above, bridging heaven and earth, scanning below carefully. Their vision is 8 times stronger than humans, enabling them to see prey miles off. Weighing less than a domestic cat, Eagles strength has nothing to do with his size. Their feet and talons are stronger than a human hand, able to soar down with precision grabbing hold of their prey, mid-flight.

Eagles beak is connected to his jaw and the strongest part of his body. It is designed for breaking and crushing. We are reminded to pay attention to our speech and how it affects others. What we say and tone of our voice should be examined. We mainly use our jaws for speaking. The lesson here is to control what we say, how much and when. Uncontrolled talk makes it easy to hurt someone verbally, to break or crush them with your words. The vision they posses helps us learn to take a step back and view the bigger picture. We need to view the past and the present objectively, whilst looking towards the future. We need to open our minds and hearts to see past old, restricting beliefs that are holding us back.

Eagle teaches us to courageously face our fear of the unknown, so we are then able to fly as high as our heart's joy can take us. Your strengths need to be utilised wisely and remember, to soar like Eagle you must view things with caution, being confident and trusting your abilities. Eagle is also linked with courage. To give up our limited perspectives, to release ourselves from comfortable, familiar thought patterns, even when they don't appear to be working, and fly into a larger world requires that we are brave enough to enter unknown realms.

This is further emphasized by Native American and Celtic tales, of shamans and druids who shapeshifted into eagles. Mental and emotional shapeshifting is sometimes necessary if we want to grow and learn. As with all things there are risks involved in allowing our beings to assume new forms, however the rewards are greater. Eagle asks us to recognize that the earth is not our only home, as well for us to join it in the flight to our true home - the world of Spirit.

Taken from:
Eagle, Power Animal, Symbols of Spirit,Visions and Strength
While Elk stood back, eagle came forward and showed you it's wings.
Elk was your guide until eagle came forward.
That is why Elk stood back and watched you connect with eagle.
It was a transfer of guides for you.

Although I suspect you have had eagle all along, and now it has reviled itself to you.
During this time, it will work with you as other guides come and go.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
Mine is a Ratel Which is a Southern African badger. I met it whilst doing shamanic training back in the day . It was about 6 ft tall whe walking on its hindlegs. I did not know what it was until I saw one one a nature programme where it used a piece of wood as a tool to get at some fruit by moving it into position and climbing onto it.

I almost skipped right over yours!

When I get a chance I will see what I can dig up on yours

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

You have quite a powerful animal guide there!

I watched several videos and the badger seems to be one of the toughest creatures in the wild!

Badger symbolizes aggressiveness, reliance, self-expression, holding ones own, link to the underworld and the magic and mystery of creation, link to plant and animal spirits, fearlessness, boldness, braveness

The power of the badger lies in is its aggressiveness and the readiness to fight for what it wants. On the flip side, the badger is also about healing - they are the keeper of Earth's healing herbs. Badger will persevere in finding a cure. People with this power animal are often healers and have the guts to use unconventional methods.

Badger’s are a member of the weasel family. They grow 2-3 feet long are around 12 inches high. As they have poor eyesight, family members often mark one another with scent. However, their sense of hearing and smell are excellent. Those with this power animal could do well in jobs that use sound as a healing tool. You may also need to develop clear sight, psychically and physically and not only depend on your other senses for survival.

People with this power animal also usually :
* are leaders and bosses and will get the job done.
* quick to express their feelings with concern for the consequences.
* likely to be solitary but comfortable and happy with themselves and their own company.
* are self-reliant

When used correctly, this is a powerful power animal to have on your side!

Badger- Power Animal

I would like to know what you have learned from this animal!
It is an unusual guide from what I can tell.

Are you in a situation where you need to defend yourself?
Regardless, wow, that is an impressive guide to have!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I just had the most awesome dream the other night about an eagle that came to my window and let me examine it's beak and wings.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ravens are awesome! Ravens and crows (as far as our very limited scientific ability can tell) are as smart as monkeys. I've noticed Crows (I believe Ravens are related) cluster in families of 5. They hold wakes/ funerals for a dead comrade/ family member. They will all gather and roost around the deceased in silence for several minutes and then depart. They can recognize and remember human faces and if you piss them off they will tell the whole nation what you did. So look at them all in a new light. Don Juan the shaman from Carlos Castenada's writtings could turn himself into a crow, so any crow you see may not be only a crow, nor any raven, or any one of God's creations. PEACE.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A new video on Ravens and Crows, you have to turn it up to hear her : )

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

They also use tools. Magpies and Jays/ Crows/ rooks / ravens - all the same family,

I LOVE them

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The crows have been bugging me for almost three weeks.

A few weeks ago, my mom had a stroke, and that day two crows sat outside where I was snow shoveling until I looked at them and told them to go away, and they left. I found out later what had happened.
My mom was ok, but they gave me the message.

Then,I had a crow hanging out in the tree outside my window every day.

My mom went into the hospital Friday.
While she was in surgery a crow continuously cawed under my window until I went to look, and after watching it for a minute, it flew away.

Again this morning, I was sitting here having my coffee, and the crows started up.
I am waiting to hear word back about how she is doing.

Amazing how the crows and ravens send me these warnings about my mom....

edit on 6-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Darkblade71
The crows have been bugging me for almost three weeks.
. . .
Amazing how the crows and ravens send me these warnings about my mom....

I hope that you will hear some good news about your mom...

I am sorry to hear about her stroke, & am sending positive thoughts, prayers, & calls from the Great Spirit/Creator to you/yours...

It is amazing how the birds are sending you the messages!

Almost to the point of nudging you to take some action in this case - just putting it out there...

Is it feasible for you to be with your mom (physically) at this point in time? (Rhetorical question, but if you want to share, that is helpful, too...)

I have been through something in my past, which I can elaborate on later, but I can't help but offer my support & point of view for you at this difficult time for you...

I randomly found this thread while looking @ recent topics, so, that tells me something...

All the best...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join