It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I heard a wolf and knew he was safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
I heard a wolf and knew he was safe.

It is said that an animals spirit can leave there bodies and essentially accept the Naguals path and so traveling with him or her. In context what is suggested is different from astral travel in accounts. What is offered is what I call soul travel, meaning one separates completely from the body. Leaving it in an unconscious state until one decides to return or something goes wrong with the body.

It is said that this was taught to mankind by and animal spirit.

Try meditation upon the sensation you experienced when you knew he was safe.

edit on 9-1-2013 by Kashai because: modifed content

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hummingbird or copperhead...the shaman was undecided after I told him my stories.

Pretty cool either way

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I was taught the Account of "That One". Showed up one day, 33,000 years ago in what is now Arizona . Accused of no one knowing him, after that identified as a Founder and afforded no name.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Hummingbird or copperhead...the shaman was undecided after I told him my stories.

Pretty cool either way

Copperhead?! Geeze!
Isn't a copperhead considered a reptile? I'd hate to think this was my totem. ewwwww!

I love your avatar, btw!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
turkey got hit by car ...devoured by scavengers that were hungry....they put up fence.....saw turkeys in another yard today at bus stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Mine is a cat. Every time i open the oven door, it thinks it's time to eat; and won't stop meowing.
He's full blood Siamese. lol

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

It almost seems when contacting one's animal spirit that we do actually leave our body.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by Kashai

It almost seems when contacting one's animal spirit that we do actually leave our body.

I would agree with this.
When raven has come to me in my sleep, him and I meet up in a field somewhere.
Pretty sure it is on the astral.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

The Wolf

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The grizzly bear and the wolf.
I had a dream many years ago during a very troubled time in my life. I asked for help and it came in the form of a couple of pissed off animals!! HAHA!! Sorry typing that brought the visual back in full force!

In my dream I climbed to an outcropping high up on the side of a mountain. I built a small fire and wrapped up in my blanket. In my dream I fell asleep only to be woken up by a beautiful huge wolf, a timber wolf by the size of him. He asked if he could stay. I was honored and of course said yes. Well right as he lay down and started to curl around me a huge grizz came roaring out of the woods. I immediately backed up against the rock wall to get out of the way. The grizzly informed the wolf that she belonged there not him. They wrestled and snarled and sent fur flying for a few moments when they decided they should maybe ask me. Overwhelmed and honored beyond belief, I invited them both to stay. I don't remember most of the conversation from that long night of dreaming, but I will never forget that visual. They both decided to walk a rough path with me.

To answer another poster's question about any real life encounters, yes to both of them!!
I have stood face to face 10-15 feet away from a standing grizzly bear (who never showed any aggression) and also had a wolf pack run next to my car for a good half mile. They are both awesome animals!

Thanks for the thread! As a busy wife and mom running a homestead, alot of things fall by the wayside, I needed this reminder right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
mine is part dog, part vampire and part beaver
his name is harold
lol
seriously

I tought it was odd his name would be harold till someone pointed out it might be as in harold of the gods

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
mine is part dog, part vampire and part beaver
his name is harold
lol
seriously

I tought it was odd his name would be harold till someone pointed out it might be as in harold of the gods

Herald of the Gods ?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

im pretty sure he spells it harold
but with this kind of op subject matter its all mostly guess work

oddly as it sounds thats my story and i am sticking to it

he gets stuff done and has some pretty good insights or i would certainly discount my notion myself

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I, too, thought my spirit guide was a wolf. I am so drawn to them. Love dogs, too. But my guide, I have grown to realize this past year, is the dragonfly. I see them everywhere. They follow me, even when I am in my car. I thought that everyone must experience this, but when I look around, they are only near me. They seem to really appear to me when I am stressed out spiritually (which now seems all the time, considering all the events of late). I feel as if they give me a heads-up warning, or something.

This past summer, I had many encounters with Ravens, too. I think they appear when I am on the right track spiritually, kind of like they are acknowledging my progress. I read once that two Ravens are a sign of imparting knowledge - a very good omen, in other words. It is interesting. The signs are there if you are paying attention. Just another reason for me to spend more time outdoors!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's the owl.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by HelenConway

im pretty sure he spells it harold
but with this kind of op subject matter its all mostly guess work

oddly as it sounds thats my story and i am sticking to it

he gets stuff done and has some pretty good insights or i would certainly discount my notion myself

----------------

Danbones and all others reading this thread, I must inform you that " Harold " is Actually " God's Real Name"

Let me Explain and Prove it to all of you in the well known " Lords Prayer " below...!

" Our Father, who art in Heaven, ( Harold ) be Thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth, as it is in Heaven "

See, wasn't that easy. Now you all know that the Real Name of God is actually ( Harold )

LOL - Sorry, I just couldn't resist telling that old one that is normally a joke told in Vacation Bible School to the children. You learn something every day, Gods name is actually ( Harold )

Seriously though, I've read this thread, and although it is very interesting to hear everyone's stories,
Come On... ! Animals as Spirit Guides ? Come On -

Notice how almost everyone has a Glamorous or Really Noble or Really Tough Spirit Guide.

No one is claiming that their so called Spirit Guide is a - say a cockroach, or a maggot... !

I know I am stepping on some toes by saying that line above, but come on everyone.

Also, everyone is also saying how they have 1/4 Cherokee or Blackfoot or Whatever in their " Bloodline "

Let's all be Honest here shall we. I will be first and say that I am an American and I am most likely " Heinz 57 " flavors at least !

We are ALL capable of tracing our Bloodlines back through Thousands and Thousands of Years. What I am saying, is that at this late date in History, No one on earth really knows who all is in their Genealogy.

All very interesting and glamorous stories nonetheless that everyone has.

Also, of course this is just my (2cents) or as they say over in the UK - just my (2pence) on this subject. Tomato / Tomoto & Potato Pototo etc and all of that too.

edit on 1/22/2013 by chrisb9 because: my spirit guide told me to edit my post - wink, wink

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

My totem is Hummingbird. Dies if caged, pretty darn wimpy, but filled with the power of love. I am proud to have this totem. And I have zero Native blood in me. Just a powerfully strong connection with Great Spirit.

Catholics believe in saints doing miracles, Hindus in lots of Gods, Budhists in well, Budha's.

For those of us who believe in Totem animals, we believe with the same sincerity as those who believe in their own faiths.

No use explaining it to you, it seems you just want to make fun of it.

So please respect those who do, or if not, using your own vernacular.. Bugger off.

Peace
edit on 22-1-2013 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Last week I had a very eye opening experience with a bat.
2 bats actually covering one year.

I have now identified a new animal guide for myself.
The Bat:

The Native American animal symbolism of the bat comes from a keen observation of this magnificent animal. These people recognized that the bat was highly sensitive to their surroundings and so therefore was considered a symbol of intuition, dreaming and vision. This made the bat a powerful symbol for Native American shamans and medicine people. Often the spirit of the bat would be invoked when special energy was needed, like "night-sight" which is the ability to see through illusion or ambiguity and dive straight to the truth of matters.

Taken From:Animal Symbolism of the Bat

I made a thread about it as it was something worthy of it's own, however it does tie into this thread as well.

Strange Bat Experience

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It took little time to discover mine when I first looked. It is Grizzly. Made sense to me immediately. My eating habits, winter sleeping, nurture and medicine.

I learned somewhere along the way that you could have aspects of different animals, as Life's needs change, so periodically, I will ask who my guide is and get a few different answers.

A Sparrow - usually the first to evaluate a new object in its environment
A Dog - doggedly determined

Last two years it's been Hummingbird. Which is interesting, as I have indeed become more creative.

I admit, if true, they are all welcome. I am grateful for their insights & guidance.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join