It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well, there are those too.
I firmly believe that there are dragons.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Ben81

Well, there are those too.
I firmly believe that there are dragons.

No worry
they are like Godzilla babies from the movie
cute and harmfull also very slow

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I haven't read all the thread, and it may be posted here somewhere, but I'll just ask... How do you tell what your animal totem is?

If I had to guess, I would say mine is a cat. I have had a cat for as long as I can remember. I am never without a stray cat(s) outside. Just when I find them a good home and think I can save some money on cat food, here comes two or three more stays outside!

I have an inside cat now that came to me as a stray a few years ago. I brought her inside because she had been de-clawed. This is the sweetest cat I have ever had next to my Tommy boy that I kept inside for 16.5 years. I raised him from a kitten. He was my baby!
She came just about 7 or 8 mos. before I had to put Tommy to sleep. I think I would have died from his death if I hadn't had her with me at that time. She has really been a lifesaver for me different times.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Certain animals just seem to be recurrent in my life, and I slowly began to associate them with certain aspects of myself that were at the forefront at the time. I guess they might be totems.

Owls, foxes, and badgers especially, tend to be drawn to me. When I looked up literature on medicine and power belief systems, I foudn they do represent particular strong parts of who I am.

But the animal that has been the most constant and strangely present symbol in my life is the Lion.
It's one of those things people have associated with me since I was very little, the Tarot card which always comes up to represent "me" in a draw has a lion on it, (no matter who pulls the cards for me), I have had trippy encounters with real lions.

That particular medicine tends to come up against my fox medicine- I like to remain invisible as I observe events, but the lion part tends to pull me into position of leading. But it all seems to depend up context.

Crows come in often, and I have always considered them a very good omen, though I guess some see it differently. Everytime they come around to me, it usually is about to be a very special day, where I will seem to have some sort of protection and guidance from the invisible world. I am glad when they show up!
edit on 3-10-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Cairn terries had them in my life 24 years... Horses a life long of in and out relationships... rode 45+ never actually had to own one. The hawk, owl, box turtles, lizzards, rabbits, squirrels, and the snakes all live with me on my land. I love the giraffes and meerkats at the zoo. I dream about bears, horses, and my dogs.

I guess the horse would be it... I dreamed one talked to me about her name which I called her big red, she thought it made her seem fat and she wanted to be call rose instead. I also dreamed my old horse instructer was sitting on a horse in my bed room in full fox hunting regalia, and he wanted me to get up and go fox hunting, which I never had done. He jumped out my window horse and all from the second story. That was weird, he is 85 now he is not dead...

The animals just want us to not pollute their land and to not run them out of their habitats. The local cycotes are struggling with what to do there are at least a dozen of them roaming around this area, sometimes in my yard at night.
edit on 3-10-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Mine came to me,and although the dreams stopped, the connection to the animal and the meaning is still strong. I know Raven is mine because not only does much of my experiences mirror some of ravens messages in life, and also the constant connection to Raven and it seems other black birds as well, since there are no ravens around here.

Keep your animal guide that was shown to you until you are shown something else.
Once you are aware of them, and them you, they will tell you when it changes. If you still wonder, ask out loud for the answer and see if over the next few nights, maybe weeks, the answers come to you. If it is truly your spirit animal, you should get an answer. In fact, I bet you do soon, and when the answer comes, trust in your own intuition and accept the answer you get. It could be another animal.

Thank you! I will do this

and will come back to tell you whenever i have the confitmation

That dream i had was very significant. I think it is still the eagle. I love what it represents and i can identify myself with it.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mine is a Brock.. always there when I need him.. a feisty little bugger. Not sure what it means over there regards symbolism, but from what I have read over here, a Brock is an unyielding ally.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I am glad that they are good omens as well. I will have to keep that in mind

Perhaps now that I read that, they will start giving me some good news too!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Badger
Equipped by nature for digging, badgers build extensive underground dwellings called setts, typically covering a thousand square feet. Some setts are hundreds of years old, and are passed on through the family, giving badgers the title 'the oldest landowners in Britain'. The badger is still called brock in many parts of Britain; a nickname derived from its old Gaelic name of brocc (or broch in Welsh). The seventh century Life of Columba refers to Pictish Druids as Brokan or Broichan meaning 'badgers'. This is probably because the badger lives under the ground, or is associated with prehistoric mounds, the dwelling place of gods and ancestral spirits. The badger is one of the sacred animals of the goddess Brigantia and a totem of the Imbolc festival when Celtic women gathered together to celebrate the rebirth of the spring, symbolised by the badger emerging from beneath the earth, just as new growth emerges from the ground. The Celtic shaman knew that the underworld was the source of wisdom. In the Welsh tale of Pwyll's courting of Rhiannon, a badger is mentioned as a guide during dreaming. Because of the badger's innate power and courage, Celtic warriors thought that badger grease made the best cure for wounds, working by a kind of sympathetic magic. Similarly Scottish clansmen wore sporrans made from badger skins and the MacIvor Clan wore badger heads and skins to invoke the beast's strength in battle. Badger is single minded, dogged and determined, patiently removing obstacles that fall on the path he is accustomed to walking each and every day. He reminds you that these qualities are needed to progress or complete a task. Hard, mundane work will be needed to turn creative dreams into a reality. Badger is one of the strongest woodland animals and even when set upon by several dogs can hold his own against them. His defences are his fortitude and his indomitable will, even against overwhelming odds. He doesn't waste time on blame or regret, but stands his ground, tenacious and unyielding. If you feel powerless and angry, stop blaming other people: they can only make you feel what you allow them to. Go within yourself and find the power of Badger, centred, grounded and unshakeable.
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Taken from:www.merciangathering.com...

I like that one!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Ah... I didn't know what a "Brock" was! So it is a Badger? That's one of mine too.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

That seems like a good one to have.
Would keep people steady and moving forward.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rabbit, owl, goat, snake.

Rabbit for their caution--I try to be as cautious as possible.

Owl for wisdom-- something I am forever seeking

Goat for their sturdiness--I will not get knocked over easily in a wind storm or in life.

Snake for their gracefulness--never been clumsy. Despite my size I am a fluid person who carries myself well.

Snakes also because they are misunderstood, and while they can be deadly, they seek only to be left alone. goats for their ability to navigate difficult terrain, I do that metaphorically speaking, every day of my life. owls because they are nocturnal, I do my best work at night and rabbits because they are soft....I am soft all around, especially soft hearted.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

How did you find all of yours?

*curious*

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Oh, I didn't really find them...they kinda came to me, or they were just there, or I just was drawn to them. I grew up in a heavily wooded area, so rabbits, owls and snakes were abundant. I always watched and played with snakes. Rabbits would pop up in my life during certain times, I consider them an omen of sorts. And I loved to hear owls at night when I was little, when I would observe them in zoos, I felt very close to them, it is a natural affinity to these creatures more than anything particular, and I admire their qualities, which tend to be qualities I have as well.

The goats came later in my life, and I just had a connection everytime I came into contact with them. I felt very comfortable and at peace whenever I was close to them. I have had them follow me around whenever I was at petting zoos....and it wasn't because I had feed them, they just seemed to respond to me well.

I also was born in the year of the rabbit, which might be why I have always felt close to them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Ok, just wondering if it was most of the other people who have figured out what guides they have, and it is

They come to you it seems.
Which is how it should be.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

How can I know? My dreams can be biased by my feelings.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
haven't been guided by any anmals in my dreams.. but after reading about 10 pages of spirit guide stuff on google i would say the weasel

when i dream im usually hiding from something or i get placed in a situation where ive done something bad and am being chased but don't know why, but i'm usually watching the people chasing me closely from where i'm hiding..

edit on 15-10-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

That's a good question.
The animals came to me.
I was kind of hoping through this thread to get multiple ways people get them, but seems they choose us most of the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I had a dream last night where I think some sort of spirit animal finally associated with me.

It's pretty vague now what the dream was about, but there were other people there in a shallow pool of some sort in a forested area. I could *see* animal shapes moving next to them. Everyone I saw had a unique animal mirroring their movements. One person had a dolphin another had a dog. It looked a bit like an aura, but it was an animal that mimicked all their movements.

Mine was a fox.

I've never really associated with that animal before and if it is my spirit animal I don't know what it means. It's possible I could have mistaken it for a coyote. I'm half Cherokee and was born in North Carolina. Does a fox/coyote mean anything?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Within the context of Caribbean Indigenous Metaphysics, there is the matter of not only running with the wolves...... There is also the issue of the wolves running with you.....

Any thoughts?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join