It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General Admits: U.S. Special Forces have been parachuting into North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A US general admitted that US spec ops are working in North Korea. He said they are spying on the North's use of tunnels to get into South Korea. The piece also notes they are using some sort of wireless power? If this is all true it is huge news for sure...

the-diplomat.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
NK is thought to have extensive smuggling/ invasion tunnels leading into the south, if they can do that, we can send some special ops in, remember its a cease fire we are still at war technically.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Scary. But it looks like DARPA is still looking for a solution to the wireless power issue.

Short-Range Wireless Power Transmission Systems (DARPA Opportunities)

The Defense Sciences Office (DSO) of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is seeking ideas that may support a new DARPA program to demonstrate concepts and technologies to dramatically increase the Department of Defense's (DoD) technology for short-range (less than two meters) wireless transmission of power. The US Marine Corps and the US Army have determined that the increased use of critical portable electronics on the battlefield has led to an increase in the number and types of batteries Warfighters are required to carry for essential electronics equipment such as communications, positioning, and targeting. Warfighters on single-day missions may carry anywhere from five to ten pounds of batteries of various form factors to maintain functionality of critical gear.

That's from July 2011, so I guess it's possible that they already have a solution. But it's also possible that the source in the original article could be exaggerating the capabilities of our Spec Ops.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Or more likely, the general is telling the truth, while the DARPA article is talking smack to delude the masses of our real technological progress due to "national security". If NK knew the US had wireless power, they would have to adapt to it as well. As long as they don´t know though, those special forces can get away with alot of things, without suspicion of even being there.
edit on 28-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would bet that wireless personal batteries would light you right up to anyone with sensors that can look for that kind of thing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
more than likely its probably a solar powered area recharging unit so you pop down the charger in a nice sunny spot and everyone sits near the charger until all the batteries are recharged then its packed up and unless something is flying overhead and see's the solar panels glint its going to be pretty much undetectable and since theres no wires etc if they do have to engage the enemy they dont waste time

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very surprised he would " volunteer" this information.

Would like to see more sources,to this story.

S&F

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

But it's also possible that the source in the original article could be exaggerating the capabilities of our Spec Ops.

This seems most likely, after reading the article from the national defense magazine...

Link

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not buying everything in this story. Sure we may have SOCOM operators in very limited numbers working clandestine Intel gathering ops inside the borders of N Korea, nut I'm not buying the statement that they are being air dropped in. If they are it goes against everything I was trained or participated in during my service under NSWC concerning clandestine operations.

North Korea is known to have extensive radar systems in place throughout the peninsula and extending into areas of Burma. These radar systems consist of FCV's or Fire Control Vehicles, long and short range radar arrays, and HAA's or high altitude arrays. The idea of dropping spec operators into N Korea given these radar systems is pretty far fetched from an operational clandestine view. Even HALO jumps would have an inherent risk of detection.

I don't doubt that we have operators in the northern part of the peninsula, however I think the statement concerning parachuting in is an attempt at disinformation. The Korean peninsula is rather accessible via a beach recon force which could be combined force of Army, Marine, and Navy NSW operators. I know if I were still active I would much rather prefer to initiate operations via beach, river, or swamp deployment than airdrop, as the prior has been the long standing contingency plan.

I have made numerous drop ins as well as wet incursions and given the defences of N Korea, wet incursion gives much better clandestine advantages than airdrops, even from 30,000'.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

another thread based on an unevidenced blog

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My first thought was what stupid a## outed this! Then I remembered how my Ranger friend told me how media is used to send "messages" and clues to the world in order to soften them up for a situation or mission that may become public and might be inflammatory or provocative.
They are pushing too far in NK and the south is sweating it but they can't move.That means us ..covertly.But we usually don't talk about such things as it would endanger any further missions.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hope that N korean forces capture them and execute them, they have every right to do it, as these spies are violating N korean territory.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

NK has only one right... The right to sit there and hope they do not become a glowing pile of slag in the near future.

Execute spies!?!? Effin really dude... Those"spies" most likely prevent some things form going on that would add to the drama known as NK.

Look at all the worlds business the the US/NATO poke their collective noses in. Yet they can't seem to unify the Korean Peninsula to the south.
edit on 28-5-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: Blah Blah Bibbity bla

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
I hope that N korean forces capture them and execute them, they have every right to do it, as these spies are violating N korean territory.

well if they do have every right to detain them then they should. The US thinks they can do whatever the hell they want. I don't think they should go as far as killing them because that will probably start a war but detain them for a bit and then deport them back home.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Oh, and like shelling South Korean Islands or torpedoing one of their ships weren't acts of war?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
1. There's no way they are just parachuting into North Korea.

2. If they wanted to investigate North Korea and it tunneling into South Korea... couldn't they do just as much investigating on the sourthern side of the boarder?

3. This source, link, and entire story smells of complete fabrication.
It may just be complete disinformation, or tactical deception... or something of that nature, for I highly doubt much of the article contains much truth.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
A US general admitted that US spec ops are working in North Korea. He said they are spying on the North's use of tunnels to get into South Korea. The piece also notes they are using some sort of wireless power? If this is all true it is huge news for sure...

the-diplomat.com...

This so angers me right now. How would it be if the headline read" North Korean Commandos Parachute into US territory"

If it were Chinese or NK troops doing this to the US you can bet there'd be instant war and a huge moral outrage.

I am so sick of people who think they have the right to do as they please..but deny that same right to others or worse..'get offended' when people call them out on their own actions!

I don't care who and why or what for...don't cry foul when they do it to you!

Rosha

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Remember Ed Dames did say that N Korea would fire off a nuke in anger.........Perhaps this just shows how it could be done via their elaborate tunnel network?

I mean, how much do we really know about Korea? As far as jumps in from aircraft....ya know....we do have the tech to hide our aircraft from radar...it wouldn't be that huge a stretch...we even have uber camo to bend light around our soldiers making them practically invisible.

Gotta love DARPA.

Side note: Did you read where N Korea executed 30 people since lil junior woodchuck came to power? and these were peeps in the higher ups.

baby Huey aint happy...he murder one poor shmoe cause he was trying to initiate talks with the south for some reunification movement.

Link N Korea Executions

Dirt on Ed Dames

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sure its not true. But, The new "leader" sum dum whats his name., probably has NK army guys running all over

the place like nuts lookin for 'em.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Id have to say, with ....wait for it........HAARP type instruments of mere thirty watts power the army could look for the tunnels under the border and they probably have them located to release this info....As to the special ops forces, it makes more sense to broach a tunnel or two and enter them from the SK side.....recon and return.....
Oil companies have this tech available now so the gov boys must have it too.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join