It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois illegally seizes bees resistant to Roundup; kills remaining queens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by reitze

It's cute how you think your little hobby farming techniques are somehow revolutionary information for everyone else.
ya know, these little hobby farming techniques have been in use and highly effective for generations before Monsanto (or their evil scientists) were conceived.

they have been proven worthy via increasing yields and generations of stronger offspring.
can Monsanto say such ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

reply to post by reitze

It's cute how you think your little hobby farming techniques are somehow revolutionary information for everyone else.
ya know, these little hobby farming techniques have been in use and highly effective for generations before Monsanto (or their evil scientists) were conceived.

they have been proven worthy via increasing yields and generations of stronger offspring.
can Monsanto say such ?

Sweetie, I've been farming organically for a long time now. I'm not promoting Monsanto. I'm merely noting that reitze appears to know very little about actual farming, as displayed by several of his posts in this thread.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

reply to post by reitze

can Monsanto say such ?

Sweetie, I've been farming organically for a long time now. I'm not promoting Monsanto. I'm merely noting that reitze appears to know very little about actual farming, as displayed by several of his posts in this thread.

Lets go farmer jo!

I'm actually not a farmer. I farmed from age 12 to 25 on a family hobby farm. Raised horses, sheep, a pig, ducks, chickens, bees, a raccoon, a few crows and a raven. Plus a few small-crop patches, especially clover for deer and trees for privacy/Christmas/wood/beauty (over 2000 planted - the maples from 20 years ago are beautiful now). Oh and the bitches screwed my way through college (Kerry blue terriors at $400/puppy paid for an RIT BSEE).

So what have you farmed?
edit on 5/31/2012 by reitze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by reitze

And its sad how your mosanto poision techniques make you an "expert". More like murphy's definition of an expert. Yee who knows more and more about less and less till he knows everything about nothing. Super-farms have historically ALWAYS failed. But I do hope for the sake of all our lives you don't experience that.

As in I hope even monsanto and their corporate greedy ilk would embrace the hobby experimentation rather than eradicate their bees. Per the OP, they instead seem to be Paranoid #'s.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

The only thing funny here (well, not really) is your statement that RoundUp only kills weeds.

You take one thing I said in that post but completely ignore the photo I provided of the worker wearing a full protective suit while handling this chemical.

...it doesn't hurt bees though..... uh-huh...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by HIWATT

"reckless bee owner" ?

Maybe you missed the part that mentioned he's been doing this for nearly SIXTY YEARS

You are having a laugh surely? Age is no indication of competance.

I think he knows a thing or two about how bees behave and how any disease might affect them. Certainly more than you or I do.

So you believe based on one fact "his age".

This is precisely the point. This guy was a threat as evidenced by his vast knowledge and experience on the subject. Nevermind the 15 years he'd been poking his nose where he should not have been.

Again you are assuming"vast knowledge" based on his age and you have your conspiracy hat on when assuming he was a threat. He had a diseased hive and kept it that way on purpose. Did he have controlled facilities ? Was that hive isolated for cross contamination amongst other bees ? Was he licensed to carry out biological tests like this?

Come on if any private "nasty" company carried out unlicensed tests in the open air with diseased stock you would all be going mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH

Anyone reading my post can clearly see that I based what I said on the mans EXPERIENCE.

While his SIXTY YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THIS FIELD are somewhat related to his age (obviously), I did not in any way imply he was an authority based solely on his age.

That's what YOU did, not me. Nice job

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Given there is no evidence that Monsanto products are actually killing bees(it sure must sound great to the people on this site though), I can't really believe this guy has bees resistant to it.

Plus it's on antigmofoods.com. The name alone indicates extreme bias, that must be taken with a truckload of salt.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

There was nothing SUDDEN about it. There is DOCUMENTATION indicating the review of the hives in question has been ongoing for over SIX MONTHS!

Yeah, the thread was started by a moderator...so freaking what!?!?!

Sensationalism for the sake of sensationalism is wrong, no matter who perpetrates...

The headline is fraudulent. There was nothing ILLEGAL about the seizure.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would like to see the full quote of this:

“During a routine inspection of your honeybee colonies by … Inspectors Susan Kivikko and Eleanor Balson on October 23, 2011, the bacterial disease ‘American Foulbrood’ was detected in a number of colonies located behind your house…. Presence of the disease in some of your colonies was confirmed via test results from the USDA Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland that analyzed samples collected from your apiary….”

And not the piecemeal that is being reported. It is hard to make an unbiased assessment when you get news from sites dedicated to the destruction of another.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Despite the propaganda by the goverment,i believe Monsanto to be behind much of the wrong doing when it comes to food.
If nobody is aware
Moansanto is developing mechanical robot bees as well....so they dont want cometition thats for sure.........

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Despite the propaganda by the goverment,i believe Monsanto to be behind much of the wrong doing when it comes to food.
If nobody is aware
Moansanto is developing mechanical robot bees as well....so they dont want cometition thats for sure.........

Why do you believe that? Honest question. You don't believe the "propaganda" from the Government, but you believe the "propaganda" from the other side? Or is there something I am missing?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by HIWATT

There was nothing SUDDEN about it. There is DOCUMENTATION indicating the review of the hives in question has been ongoing for over SIX MONTHS!

Yeah, the thread was started by a moderator...so freaking what!?!?!

Sensationalism for the sake of sensationalism is wrong, no matter who perpetrates...

The headline is fraudulent. There was nothing ILLEGAL about the seizure.

Right...tyranny sound familiar?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by tothetenthpower

A real WTF moment, and at first I thought the inspectors actions were a result of genuine concern for the bacterial disease from spreading to other colonies, but then I read what this guy was doing, testing for Round Up effects, and there is the conflict of interest I suppose.

Worse, all his queens died after Kivikko and Balson “inspected” his property, outside of his presence and without a warrant.

This only adds suspicion ,imo, and hopefully may provide liability in some way.
I was curious whetehr the disesa could be carried to other colonies and the answer is yes, so I can see some objective concern, but the way they went about it is wrong. The only justification I could see is if the inspectors thought they should prevent the spreading immediately, hence bypassing search warrant and papers. But the other factors involved leave me suspicious.

no one at the Ag Dept. seems to know where his bees are.

This reeks of conspiracy too.

Peace

Absolutely! If they wanted to stop it from spreading they could have quarantined the bees with mosquito netting until after they got a court order! These boot stomping methods need to end and fast before we turn into another Nazi Germany. though it may already be too late! Well liberty, freedom and individual rights RIP!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What we really need to be doing is going after the politicians who are bought and paid for by Monsanto, and letting them know that we are on to them. They need to be overwhelmed by their constituents with calls and emails and they should have no doubt that we will not stand for this any more.

Here is a list of Illinois politicians and the amounts that Monsanto has donated to their campaigns:

Hultgren, Randy (R-IL) $2,500
Johnson, Timothy (R-IL) $3,000
Kinzinger, Adam (R-IL) $3,500
Roskam, Peter (R-IL) $1,000
Schilling, Bobby (R-IL) $3,000
Schock, Aaron (R-IL) $5,000
Shimkus, John M (R-IL) $5,000

Looking through the entire list, it seems that they donate equally to Democrats and Republicans, so obviously they're not donating to any ideology. The only logical conclusion a reasonable, thinking person can come to is that they're cornering the market on favors. Smoking gun IMO.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Given there is no evidence that Monsanto products are actually killing bees.

Then please explain the necessity for the Monsanto Protection Act. What are they so afraid of?
edit on 5/29/2013 by AntiNWO because: what's so great about bee's knees anyway?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTYI was not unaware of the imports from China either. Although it is amazing that would even be profitable for the Chinese. The cost of shipping food is greater than the cost of shipping computer parts. The bee keepers in China must be making pennies in order to keep the price reasonable on the shelf.

I was warned against buying Chinese honey since the melamine/milk issue. You never know which honey is good and which has been tampered with. I don't want to pay to do the lab tests to prove the honey is 100% corn syrup with coloring and flavor. It's not like farmers don't have jars of it at their produce stand.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by userinthesystem

I suppose it is not tyrannical to violate a cease and desist order? What about the other bees and their keepers? This guy was endangering all of these people and their livelihood. I suppose the other people should just be allowed to go kill off the hive by themselves?

When you violate a law there is a consequence.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You realize that the bees were infected right?

You realize that Monsanto's patent on glyphosphate expired in the US twelve years ago and that it is now being manufactured and sold by a large number of companies in the US and abroad, right?

People on Abovetopsecret who still use websites such as www.antigmofoods.com for so called proof amazes me.
I really wanted to believe this place was smarter than that.

As you correctly stated the Chinese are the biggest producers of glyphosphate in the world, but hey who needs facts when you have a great anti Monsanto story.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Originally posted by Ghost375
Given there is no evidence that Monsanto products are actually killing bees.

Then please explain the necessity for the Monsanto Protection Act. What are they so afraid of?
edit on 5/29/2013 by AntiNWO because: what's so great about bee's knees anyway?

Afraid? A company that spends over 2 million dollars a day on research should surely be allowed some form of protection?

www.nysemagazine.com...

I'm not defending Monsanto but there is still two sides to every coin, sheesh!
I am not in the habit of getting into GMO arguments so this is my last input.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join