It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Vows "Payback Time" For The Greek Worker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

In an interview with the British Guardian newspaper published Friday, the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde, vented her class hatred for the workers of Greece, denouncing them as tax scofflaws and ruling out any respite from the austerity measures that have devastated the country.

In the interview, Lagarde was questioned about the social catastrophe resulting from five years of economic crisis and austerity measures dictated by the IMF and the European Union. She was asked, in particular, to respond to the plight of pregnant women who “won’t have access to a midwife when they give birth,” patients who “won’t get life-saving drugs,” and the elderly who “will die alone for lack of care.”

Contemptuously dismissing the suffering and death caused by the policies she is helping to impose, Lagarde replied: “I think more of the little kids from a school in a little village in Niger who get teaching two hours a day… I have them in my mind all the time, because I think they need even more help than the people in Athens.”

www.wsws.org...

The IMF makes me sick. The 'International Community'(elites) make me sick.

Her “Let them eat cake” attitude sums up the loathing and fear of her class for the working class throughout Europe and internationally. Her remarks underscore the fact that Greece has been selected to serve as a benchmark for a deliberate policy of exploiting the capitalist crisis to effect a fundamental and permanent restructuring of class relations. The bourgeoisie is determined to eradicate all of the past social gains of the working class and carry through a social counterrevolution, imposing conditions of poverty and exploitation not seen since the end of the 19th century.

Its strange how we are going backwards. Yet the elites live like gods. I think it is pretty clear who is putting the strain on society. It is not the poor. The mega-rich take so much and add little of value. They are parasites that should be at the very bottom of society. We are the host and they have almost sucked us dry.

We are not the 'International Community'. The elites are. Who would want anything to do with the 'International Community'? Not me. They are monsters.

I am hoping an ambitious Greek General siezes the day. And I hope they are not in bed with the CIA like from 67-74.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If she is so worried about the kids in Niger not being taught the why doesn't she move there and teach them?

People like her will eventually get their comeuppance.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
If she is so worried about the kids in Niger not being taught the why doesn't she move there and teach them?

People like her will eventually get their comeuppance.

Scum like her fail to realize that the millions of scumbags that went before her ruined her opportunity to be so crass yet here she is. She has more sympathy for African children... HA! Why? Because all the years of colonialism and the criminal IMF already did ruin them? She's scum of the worst kind and I hope that whoever is first to get their hands on her will have mercy on her. I doubt it though.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Easy for her to say, when enjoying tax free salary from the IMF. That would be first instinctive reaction to her comments on Greece.

Whereas for Greece, first instinctive comment would be to forget it all, drop the Euro, and keep on focusing on the needs of their people. Let banksters taste austerity if they so are into it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So...
Do you all not agree with her comments that the Greeks have been slack and pretty greedy this past decade?
Or are you purely focusing on your hatred for her and her company to ignore the substance of what she's saying?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
So...
Do you all not agree with her comments that the Greeks have been slack and pretty greedy this past decade?
Or are you purely focusing on your hatred for her and her company to ignore the substance of what she's saying?

Yes I do not agree. Greeks are the hardest workers in Europe.

Dont believe MSM.

And there is no substance to what she is saying.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Lagarde doesn't sound any worse than the typical judgmental American.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Greece needs to return to the drachma. When it is a sovereign nation once again, then i can sink or swim under it's own rule. It can create laws how it wishes to.

The eurozone has shown itself to be only as strong as it's weakest member.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We agree again.

And the German people should not be paying for this either.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hans from the west , Hasan from the east

Yorgo has a choice to make , soon .

top topics

join