It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaving vs not working - Which is the real problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think not working has become an issue with you who do the slaving in our society these days.

Those who don't work have it better off than those who do work. Or just you come and prove me wrong. I'm listening.

Intelligent beings are suppose to have a point where they have robots doing all of their work. Well you that do slave just about daily are our modern day robots. Keep up the good work ethic, and make it extra relaxing for us who know better than to be slaving out here in our lifetime.

The real unrest is with you people out here slaving to make due in life. You certainly aren't making a good life for yourself when you are infact doing what is confirmable as slaving. It must be hard as hell being apart of the work force these days.

We who don't work sure do wish you who do work would all eventually just get laid off. Why? So that way you can see the light shining. Nobody intelligent needs to work to live. You have that all backwards if that is something you thought. What do you think a government is for? They are here for taking care of the people under their territories. If all of America quit their jobs today, that would force the U.S. government to take extra good care of all of the American people in some kind of a way. For they must. Did you ever come to realize something like that? I bet most of you have not.

My advice to you who still continue to earn money for working: Quit talking bad about us who have no jobs, since the only reason you talk bad about us is because you know you're the one slaving while we are not. You think everybody is suppose to be slaving just because you're slaving? Ha! Eat dirt!

The government has a ton of benifits awaiting those who see the light.

"Not working" should become an in your face kind of movement.

I cant believe they got people out here looking for a job so they can slave like the rest of them. I was almost a sucker to this myself, but I am intelligent. Intelliegent beings know what's up.

edit on 28-5-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is this a troll thread?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have a friend who is unemployed and actively seeking work, He went to school to get training but wanted to see about financial aid of some kind...

Heres the thing, They'll give it to him... AS soon as he gets on welfare and state aid (something he Doesn't WANT or NEED) yet they wont give him the the appropriate financial aid until he gets on the States teet....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There is a major flaw in your premise. You seem to think that "the government" is some extra-human entity that exists to serve people. The truth is that the government is nothing more than more people doing really difficult work. If everyone quit their jobs, that would include government workers who work just has hard as everyone else. If they quit, there would be no one to "take care" of us.

In the end, people have to work to survive. If everyone were to stop working, everyone would die.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
They would take care of us. Just like the farmer "takes care of" his crops and the rancher "takes care of" his herd. They would do it for much the same reasons. They will get full value out of you one way or another. Right now "non-workers" are farmed for votes to increase the "legal" take from workers and to provide a target for the just anger the "workers" feel. As soon as we all became "non-workers" many would become "excess to needs" and would be dealt with.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not sure of the point your trying to convey.

Now if I just didn't work I wouldn't eat, have a roof over my head, electricity to power all the things that life these days require.

On top of that all, the systems you say are in place to look after us, are fed through my ignorance of working. Your social security check comes from my taxes. Our government has sold off all resources that should look after us too the corporations.

So please do tell how this would all work, how this would not just equate chaos???? What would some 500 million north americans be doing if we all just decided to not work??? Where would money come from, who'd keep the electricity flowing heck they're already turning out the lights in detroit cause theres not enough people working to feed the tax pool.

So again I ask please tell how this rose colored dream of yours is too work, are you just trolling for responses, which is what I fear you are doing, and I am following in your little game. But just how does this scenario you outline seem to work in you mind???

SaneThinking

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soontide

That depends on your definition of "work". If every government worker quit, we would not ALL die. Many of us would experience the most freedom and liberty that has been since the revolution.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I work 60 hours a week. I know illegal immigrant couples who make lots of ANCHOR babies who DO ZERO HOURS of work a week yet are doing MUCH better than us working stiffs.

I know some folks in the ghettos who work ZERO HOURS a week and are doing much better than us working stiff by being on welfare when they are 100% HEALTHY and ABLE to work. They CAN work, but they REFUSE to do so. I have to work TONS of overtime just to get the TOYS that they get for doing NOTHING.

Looks like working is for suckers...

edit on 28-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by soontide

Not working would put enough stress on the government to do SOMETHING for the people.

This is how CHANGE would come. If the government employees also quit, then we can be a happy people with no more corruption hanging over our heads.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You've got it wrong, my friend.

We should work and our work efforts should be rewarded genuinely. And we should not have to slave our asses of 40 hours a week dedicating 60-70% of our entire adulthood to monolithic scum in hopes of some piss ass retirement..

I say 20-30 hours a week with many months off at a time, and get paid well enough to support yourself and enjoy life.

And I'm sure the world will eventually evolve to that. However, the current system is so fundamentally flawed that people are better off NOT working(and I'm not advocating receiving government support) and instead explore themselves, learn about the world, follow what interests them and expand their personal understanding of themselves.

You're right about one thing, is it's most definitely slavery no matter how you look at it, unless you're a corporate fat cat.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

The 500 million people would be formulating a make-as-you-go system to be something better than any system before.

And people would be more helpful to others instead of there being this "I'm just doing my job" attitude that is usually towards you when they are doing something where you feel you are being wronged.
edit on 28-5-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Winner of the award for the most obvious Trolling of the week.

Thanks for playing!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It would be cool as **** to not work, but unfortunately to earn money legally you have to work, and again - Unfortunately you need money to live. 80% of the western world dont know how to survive past ASDA, Wallmart or Tescos, so unless your in that very small percent, then theres a massive chance that the only reason your able to live right now is because your government is giving you money(?) If we all stopped working, how would are gov be able to support us, also why would you want somebody to support you, with support probably comes restrictions - We get them now let alone when they have complete and utter control of our expenses.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I must be doing it wrong, unemployed since april and lifes been hell. Its rather boring without money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I thought this would be apt for the thread... Which I love BTW!

Say it like it is my friend just don't expect the slaves to agree (though I see one does, bravo that man).

I'm not working to make someone else rich! What kind of life is that? Crazy if you ask me! Working for yourself is the way forward!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Within your first line I heard you cowering to your masters! Legally? Who gives a feck about Legally? Do what YOU feel is right! Do the PTB care about Legal? Do the cops give a damn about it within their own lives? Why listen to the rules of criminals? Just turn your back on them! Drop the programming you have had and think about it logically!

I will say YES they have all the guns! YES they can and DO kill people that get in the way! But to yield to this is to yield to a schoolroom bully! The OP is dead right! People hold the power to just say NO MORE! People can still trade and work amongst themselves! But just cut the government off, even for a short time would see them tremble! Yet people have all the excuses not to!

The thing is though (and this is the funny bit) the system will crash anyway and all your monizes will mean nothing! Your job will be gone! I'm sorry but it's inevitable. How on earth can a system of borrow and spend work? Could you run your life like that for very long? No matter what happens this system will crash! But you want to cling to it? Get prepared is all I can say.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the OP is part trolling. But there is another side where the OP brings up a valid point that should be examined. We're getting to point as a world wide civilization where it's not necessary to work as much due to technological advancements. Everything we're taught from the time we are children is that you have to earn your keep by the sweat off your brow, and in the society today that's complete nonsense. You have to honestly look at the advancements we've made. These advancements have benefited a few, while hurting the majority. I'll continue to bring up the unemployment numbers. People like to blame it it job outsourcing, , while I will agree, only to a certain extent. Start paying attention to how manufacturing is evolving, if companies have the ability they will use machines. Machines don't require breaks, vacations, paid time off, and don't get tired. The efficiency between humans and machines is not even comparable. If you were the owner of a manufacturing company what would you use if given the option? Be honest. What you end up getting is the current economic disparity between the upper and lower classes that continues to get wider and wider. You have the owners of companies making huge profits with the use of technology, and unemployed workers being displaced by that technology. As I stated before, a perfect example is the USPS. We really don't need a government operated mail system. They only keep it operational because of the jobs it creates. If you've been paying attention the USPS has been losing money for years. Why should we keep it going? Do you pay your bills through snail mail? What do you get through the USPS that you can't get through EMAIL? Where it becomes a dangerous is when people propose that everyone should quit working. Although we've made some great technological advancements, we haven't got to the point where everyone never has to work again. A good example of this is the service sector, waiters, mechanics, janitors, ect. We're just not there yet.If we were smart as a society we would already have begun to make the transition society is going to make eventually, one way or another. The only reason we haven't is because a lot of powerful people would lose a lot of money. How do we begin this transition? I don't really know, but it's coming, violently if necessary. I'll give the OP a flag for bringing up a good topic that should be examined more than it is, but no star because he proposes that everyone should quit working willy nilly.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Good post and well thought out but I think the problem is no system will work. No centralized system anyway. Not that I'm opposed to them actually, just don't try to force me into it! lol

I would love a free market of philosophies! Like you could be part of whatever type of regime you wish OR most importantly be part of non at all! I think the only one that should be banished is TYRANNY, and lets face it, that is what we all have now! There are no FREE countries.

I have gone over many of the choices out there, but I see non as logical as anarchy. There is no defending statism, it is barbaric, unjust and immoral! If you are for statism you are for wanting ME locked up in a cage or killed for the crime of having a different opinion!

Why do people not see that it has to be voluntarism?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I partially agree with you.

Anyone who feels like a slave in their job should absolutely quit and do something else (even if that means collect welfare for a minute, you only get 4 years of it anyway)

But I disagree that we don't need to work to live. In fact I think we should have to work to live, then more people would be working, and living.

I think the best possible thing that could happen to this world is the demise of the majority of technology. Get people back to basics so they can re-learn the values they've lost while playing WOW.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by n00bUK

Within your first line I heard you cowering to your masters! Legally? Who gives a feck about Legally? Do what YOU feel is right! Do the PTB care about Legal? Do the cops give a damn about it within their own lives? Why listen to the rules of criminals? Just turn your back on them! Drop the programming you have had and think about it logically!

I will say YES they have all the guns! YES they can and DO kill people that get in the way! But to yield to this is to yield to a schoolroom bully! The OP is dead right! People hold the power to just say NO MORE! People can still trade and work amongst themselves! But just cut the government off, even for a short time would see them tremble! Yet people have all the excuses not to!

The thing is though (and this is the funny bit) the system will crash anyway and all your monizes will mean nothing! Your job will be gone! I'm sorry but it's inevitable. How on earth can a system of borrow and spend work? Could you run your life like that for very long? No matter what happens this system will crash! But you want to cling to it? Get prepared is all I can say.

cowering to my masters?

Mate, 3 years ago my life consisted of only illegal things. Any given time i could of been convicted of over 5 crimes. You say fk the law and you probably never broke it in your life. Because I'v lived the life of fk the law, I now realize I can never win, unless I have millions - which I dont. I seen the big fish get away with literally murder, paying off police etc while the little fish in the pond gets hooked lined and sinker into prison - no way around it, no matter what pretty picture you try paint.

You can try beat the system but the system will beat you. The only way to change this crap is by voting, make people aware etc. But honestly pal - Its best just to conform, do somethign on the side to make extra money - I'm not saying live life as a law abiding citizen, that would be crap and you get nothing for it.

top topics

join