It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird storms in Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

These storms are weird and beautiful at the same time

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon May 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
really cool footage! i live about 30 min. north of toronto,and the temp. today is a record breaking 34 deg. C. with humidity - 40 deg.C !!! HOT!!!!! supposed to get thunderstorms and maybe hail later this evening.
don`t have a camera except on my phone,but i lost the disk to install it on my computer!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well Thunder Bay Ontario just got 108 mm of rain in 36 hour
for you yank that over 4 inch

just google it all over facebook also

flooding in Thunder Bay - Photos & Videos: Active Weather - The ...
www.theweathernetwork.com...

netnewsledger.com...

edit on 28-5-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I facepalmed when the videographer said "look at the size of the hail" ... over a pea sized hail .. out here in Alberta we get them anywhere from plum sized to golfball sized lol

Also wouldn't the title "Weird storms in Ontario Canada" suit it better? as the rest of Canada isn't included in the video ? (just a thought)

Yes those are very impressive storm clouds, and I wouldn't be caught out in them lol. Unless someone paid me to .. that's a different story xD
edit on 28-5-2012 by Kreighton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
update
Beryl

Tornado from remnants of Beryl destroy homes in NC
Tornado spins off from Tropical Storm Beryl remnants on NC coast; 3 homes destroyed

www.consumerelectronicsnet.com...

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) ' The remnants of Tropical Storm Beryl spun off a tornado that destroyed three homes and damaged dozens of others near the North Carolina coast Wednesday as the system sped toward the Atlantic, authorities said.

Between 40 and 50 homes were damaged near Peletier in the western part of Carteret County, said county Emergency Services Director Jo Ann Smith. She said there were no reports of injuries.

Many homes suffered only minor damage, but three were destroyed when the winds came through shortly before noon, she said.

Cape Breton Here.

ya same one.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kreighton
I facepalmed when the videographer said "look at the size of the hail" ... over a pea sized hail .. out here in Alberta we get them anywhere from plum sized to golfball sized lol

Also wouldn't the title "Weird storms in Ontario Canada" suit it better? as the rest of Canada isn't included in the video ? (just a thought)

First off, you guys may be used to large hail out in the prairies. But it's definitely not common out east, and I'm in the Maritimes. Having spoken to family and friends in Quebec, large hail isn't the norm either. Keep in mind that the video is focusing on a completely different region than yours. Alberta is not the only part of Canada.

And on that note, the reason that the thread says 'Weird storms in Canada' is because that's the title of the YouTube video. Not the poster's title, they're just keeping in with the ATS posting guidelines. Also, Canada is not hugely represented on ATS. As such, articles with any Canadian content usually just say or refer to Canada, instead of provincial or regional differentiation as we're otherwise used to.

I could go on, but it would devolve into a rant about Albertan attitudes towards the rest of Canada. Not only am I trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and not stereotype you, I'm also trying to rise above the divisive rhetoric being bandied about the country.

I.E. "greedy" old vs. "entitled" young (Quebec protests/youth unemployment), "lazy" East vs, "arrogant" West (EI reform/dutch disease), etc.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

Been in NB for years now, only saw hail once so far. Nothing major though, about the size of large marbles. I am right on the ocean here. I seen golfball sized hale in NY multiple times.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Kennit

Been in NB for years now, only saw hail once so far. Nothing major though, about the size of large marbles. I am right on the ocean here. I seen golfball sized hale in NY multiple times.

Exactly! Something for those out west to keep in mind, should they choose to travel east. It may prevent them from unduly judging others as overreacting.

(Not saying the other poster necessarily was, just the facepalm combined with the lack of context kind of irked me.)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

I have see a double rainbow once in my lifetime! Great Video!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

First off, you guys may be used to large hail out in the prairies. But it's definitely not common out east, and I'm in the Maritimes. Having spoken to family and friends in Quebec, large hail isn't the norm either. Keep in mind that the video is focusing on a completely different region than yours. Alberta is not the only part of Canada. And on that note, the reason that the thread says 'Weird storms in Canada' is because that's the title of the YouTube video. Not the poster's title, they're just keeping in with the ATS posting guidelines. Also, Canada is not hugely represented on ATS. As such, articles with any Canadian content usually just say or refer to Canada, instead of provincial or regional differentiation as we're otherwise used to. I could go on, but it would devolve into a rant about Albertan attitudes towards the rest of Canada. Not only am I trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and not stereotype you, I'm also trying to rise above the divisive rhetoric being bandied about the country. I.E. "greedy" old vs. "entitled" young (Quebec protests/youth unemployment), "lazy" East vs, "arrogant" West (EI reform/dutch disease), etc.
reply to post by Kennit

I tend to keep an open mind when it comes to being Albertan, and about the rest of Canada, but sometimes I do get a head of myself, as the post mentioned. Guess I could use a bit more knowledge on how the Eastern and Maritime provinces are. When I wrote my reply to it, It went right through me as to the actual title of the youtube video, my apologies.
As for the stereotypes, each region has their own faults and are arrogant in their own ways, I have seen it in my travels across this great land. It would be better if every one of us Canadian saw what the rest of us saw on the other side of the country.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It was warmer in some parts of Ontario last couple of weeks than it was in Tampa bay Florida. The effects of the ice age are still occurring. The frost and ground in north america is rising yearly from the depression left from the massive mile high ice sheet which covered the majority of North America.

top topics

join