It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal - Images open to feedback from members

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi All,

I took this series of pics toward the end of last year. I was in the Dandenong Ranges/Mountains in VIC, Australia. A friend and I had had a big night and decided to go for a drive up there and at about 5 or 6 am we were taking photo's and being random posers lol

There was an old weatherboard house, covered in moss and was clearly abandoned. We just happened to pull over in the car to have a break from driving. The gas/petrol station over the road was closed as it so early in the morning but this house stood out to us as there have been many ghost and paranormal stories in the dandenong ranges going back quite a few years.

While we were there we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary or strange. We took some photo's and were just clowning around and my friend went inside the old house and found old and decaying newspapers and Australia post paperwork going back 30-40 years that wre still inside inside the house/building. It is like this place is stuck in a time warp lol.

I will post the pics below, of us around the house and then the final pic will be the one that stood out to me, I took the photo with an 8 megapixel camera. The flash was on as it was set to auto and it was still dark but the last photo in the series really stood out to me and was strange. I didnt shake the camera or move it. But some type of funnel of light appeared and I cannot explain it.

I am open to opinion...

~ Image Omitted ~

This is the image that stood out to me -

A couple more around the house -

Then finally 2 more just after dawn on a cold morning nearby... brrr!

I added the other images as context to that night and morning and that out of the those and the 20 others I took that was the only image that had that type of distortion or anomaly...

Below is some other info on the hauntings and ghost stories in the Dandenong Ranges;

jasonghosthunting.webs.com...

www.yourghoststories.com...

There isn't many good sites on it but if you Google dandenong ranges or mountains and ghost stories, there are alot of hits...

edit on 28-5-2012 by Havick007 because: Edit and Proofed

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What am I looking at.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Read the OP!!!

You replied so quick that you couldn't have read it properly...

The 6th image down!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

A picture blurred from motion, that's all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Blurred from motion... really? Did you take the photo??

So what light source caused the blur coz when I when I took the photo there was no light source to cause that blur!

Also that particular photo was a little blurred as per the background light source on the far right but not enough to cause the amount of blur of the image in the forefront...

edit on 28-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sorry OP but I dont see anything unusual here. The 6th image has some light effects but nothing I see as being paranormal.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It looks like what I would imagine a portal could look like.

Kind of like reality blurred a little for the camera and it picked it up.

But that is just a thought.

Why did you take that particular picture in the first place?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

What do you mean by "Light Effects"?

Are you saying I manipulated or edited the image or ...?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Usually, pictures like this are due to a bug of some sort flying in front of the lense and making the flash bounce back.

due to the movement and proximity of the bug, the camera cannot focus properly..

notice how the imediate foreground (the path/road) is in focus, the house to the left seems very slightly blurred, but the background on the far right where the tree branch is illuminated seems to be more out of focus than anything else..

This could all be due to the camera trying to focus yet unable to correctly do so, yet it took the picture anyway..

All thanks to a bug.

As for it being a spirit, It's hard to say as there is no way to decide what sort of form it is trying to take, if it has any form at all..

Personally, I'd put this down to a bug (moth perhaps)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I was taling random photo's around tbta house, as I explained in better detail in the OP. I also added the other images to show that I was taking random photo's around the house. We were bored it had been a long night, clubbing etc and just on the way home. We cut through the maintains for a drive after dropping friends at home and had always heard local stories of haunted houses in those mountains.

We first stopped over looking for a store or gas station. It was closed so we parked across the street to have a cigarette and break from driving. This is where this house was.

From the moment I saw it, the house seemed strange. It was old, abandoned and covered in moss, surrounded by overgrown trees. The only light source coming from the payphone box adjacent to the house.

The photo's were just random, I took many that night and ealier in the morning. The six I posted were in sequence however they were only 6 photo's out of 40 from that night and morning.

The only photo out of 40 to have that strange blur or distortion, one that had no light source or reflective surface to create a blur in that part of the photo. The was no light visible light source except for the far right of the photo.

The flash activated in that photo but there was nothing to reflective or enough blur or shake to cause that amount of distortion.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I think you caught something interesting with that photo.

Good job!
What it is, I dunno.

But according to most around here it it going to be light,bugs, or dust.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

A bug?

How big is the supposed bug?

The proportions on this photo don't match up with the size of a bug... the blurred area in the center is just in front of thr door (to the left). A bug would have a left a smaller mark on the image.

I don't think it was a bug, what makes you think it was a bug 100%?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The bug only has to be an inch big...and only an inch or few inches away from the lense in order to make it look like something far bigger..

And please note I said that pics like this are "usually" a bug..
I'm open to most of these types of pics as I am a paranormal investigator.

There are many examples of these types of pics all over the internet.. There's also a very informative collection of pics here on ATS;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not slamming you down or trying to disprove anything, I'm just adding my view on what I see and what I feel it could possibly be.. Can't say it's paranormal, but we can't say it's a bug either as it is hard to define the structure.

Unexplained?? possibly, but more than likely a bug or other artificat in front of and very close to the lense.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This shot is pointed in the same direction as the photo I pointed out in the OP - You can see the phone box in the background to the right of the frame -

This photo was taken at 05:04am, as you can see there is no other light source causing such blur or illuminating the entire area - this was only visible to the camera. I didn't notice anything strange until I looked at the photo's at home.

The second shot of the same area but standing approx 1 meter closer at 05:18am - (12min later) - once again notice the phonebox on the far right of the frame at a slightly different angle but the same direction.

I don't care about flags or stars etc but some courtesy would be appreciated... people are very quick to jump to conclusions... I wouldnt waste my time posting this if I didn't think there was something odd about it.

The most important thing I have learnt is to be objective when it comes to any topic.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with your time stamp
I see you had auto flash on
Exposure time 1/17 sec
ISO-800
Using a Nokia E7-00
Sate taken 22/10/11 time 06.04 and 06.18

But, Authors = Picasa
Program name = Picasa
Some might argue a bit with you on those two points.. the rest seems fine.

I am glad you added the other photo of the same spot.. It does help to build the case for any other evidence.

How this area has been illuminated like that is anybodies guess.. (just re-read your post and yousaid you moved a meter closer, so that could expalin the illumination now when you did not get it before.)

One possible way that the house has been illuminated like that is if the possible bug in front of camera forced some of the flash to reflect off over in the direction of the house.. maybe.. It's not impossible..

Maybe there is some other force at work here.. we may never know..

If it's genuine paranormal ...nice catch..
If it's a bug.. never mind, keep on shooting that camera.. I do

edit on 28-5-2012 by Extralien because: text

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I use picasa to export the photos in more up-loadable scales. Otherwise the photos would have been the size of desktop backgrounds. On the image with the colored lines and - I also changed the highlight/contrast to increase the light in the image. That was the only edit, the original in the first OP is unedited except for scaling.

For the record I am not a ghost hunter and not usually always out taking photo's. It was just one of those random nights..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah, that's cool..

I understand what you're saying.. no worries.

I would love to say you got something paranormal there, but I can't.. and like I said earlier.. I can't say it's a bug either..

Just one of those photos for your personal collection that make you want to go out and try to get that bit of evidence that blows everyones minds

I recently did an investigation at the theatre royal in Drury lane, London and one of the pics I took there is very promising but we are still studying all our evidence from that event..

am dying to write a thread about it all but am unable to at this time due to the amount of stuff we gotta go through.. was a lot of recording from a lot of kit.. had a wonderful investigation..was really busy..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have no idea what it could be but looking at it, the first thought that came to my mind (via paradolia effect) was a giant mushroom blowing In the wind. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by underduck

What do you mean by "Light Effects"?

Are you saying I manipulated or edited the image or ...?

Not at all. I think the light effects are a result of what looks like fairly humid conditions based on your other photos. Could be from a separate light source not in the shot, could be a slight movement while the photo was being taken, could have been a number of things. I just wouldnt call this one paranormal.

for the record I am NOT a photographic expert. I take probably 20 photos a year on average and the majority of those are using my phone.

Just giving my two cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am not sure what the temperature, pressure, humidity was like, but perhaps it was a piece of pollen, or an artifact from your digital camera.

One technique I use often is to apply color filters, with high contrast ie red, blue, black, green, it really helps with differentiating features.

As for it being something "natural" I would have to point out that it seems to be in a slightly curved line, things in nature follow the golden ratio and fractionalization patterns, unless of course it was something with movement.

Now the next point, one 17th of a second is quite fast, and depending on how far this object was (if it is not in fact an artifact, humidity, etc) would mean that it would be travelling quite fast in order to produce that type of effect (the elongation, and also the start and stop points) but things like this have been captured on camera, like rods. Not saying that it is one, Nevertheless, it is an intriguing piece of photography, in the sense that as of this point it cant be explained. We could get into all sorts of theoretical metascience to try and explain it, but i will leave that to someone else.

I am intrigued to hear others points of view! I would offer to filter your picture, but do not have my own computer at the moment, this one is a loner. I would be interested to see the results!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join