It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Caught In Syria Massacre Propaganda Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it looks more like "activist" punk'd the BBC with that photo, which they clearly distance themselves from labelling it with words like "believed to be" and "cannot be verified"

they ran with a scoop and pic and now look bad

I bet a lower level manager gets canned for it
edit on 28-5-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

If that is true then we can add 'selling old pictures of relevant places to the BBC' to that big thread on alternative ways to make money in these difficult times Hmmmm. Time to hit up Google Images.

edit on 28-5-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

It was live. Also the BBC dont deny what they reported, they admit it was not a green screen overlay. They just say it was a MISTAKE!!!

Some efin mistake!!!

For those outside the uk. The BBC are the MOTHER of propaganda. But more importantly rather than telling direct lies they leave out vital bits and use massive amounts of psychology.

The BBC World service!!! Broadcast into countrys who dont even want it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Kinda weird also,,the goverment there admitted to it it in some ways????

HUH?????

So all of a sudden its fake yet the goverment/dictator there admits to it??????

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
what surprises me are that people are surprised, studies show the bbc were more pro-war regarding iraq and afghan than FOX NEWS

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
seems like a banner day for this bastion of credible news- the BBC has reported a faction from the video game 'Halo' has something to with the UN:

BBC News mistakes Halo UNSC logo for UN

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting case. Sorry to go off topic a bit but I hadn't heard of the WTC7 one and find it far more interesting, though the general BBC conspiracy thing is good to look into! It made me look into WTC7 for further answers. The live feed breaking up after a solid 7 minute picture struck me as odd. I remember BBC showing random clips on the day of WTC of cheering Muslims which was quite blatantly interspersed misleading stock footage for dramatic effect.

To run a 7 minute satellite broadcast segment which apparently would've lasted longer - I'd say the report was positioned near the front end of the news, of course the WTC stuff would have been top of the agenda and we see a report has just ended at the start of the clip.

The reported collapse happened at 5.20 EDT which would be 21:20 GMT. The fact it's in the background is undeniable, the fact it's live is undeniable. I've checked various clips for shadows on familiar buildings and now have an understanding of where the sun is in their clip, where it is in the collapse of the building itself clips... I can safely say I also understand the generic clichéd reporting/scheduling of news methods by watching BBC news for a lifetime as I'm sure many others do, and I've come to the conclusion this report took place between 21:05 and 21:15 GMT.

If anyone else is able to look into the shadows cast on buildings in various footage including this BBC one, perhaps you could pinpoint it down to the minute the broadcast is cut off. There may be no clock but sun-dials came way before 24 hr news

edit on 28-5-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The picture you post is a simple one. News agencies will often green-screen a "live" scene's background (to make it seem as though their reporter is there). It makes sense from a logistical standpoint... why pay legions of reporters to sit around within an hours' distance from likely news locations when you can simply use some footage (from perhaps a few hours ago) to make it appear as though they are present there?

That said - the OP's issue is a much more damaging act of deception. It's become typical for the media to use images that garner attention from the viewers as opposed to using actual images from the scene. The reasoning behind it is simple - and dangerous; particularly in instances like this.

The BBC may have received a report of what they describe as a massacre - but lacking images of it - use a picture they believe will "illustrate the idea." I see it often in poorly written articles about technology or other such areas where sub-humans are put in charge of writing articles that make them feel intellectually relevant for a brief period. Not that 80% of the population is intellectually relevant enough to catch the farce (which is why they remain employed, unfortunately). Anyway - they decide to supplement their article with something that grabs attention and is "related" as opposed to documented.

This is the result.

Which makes one have to question the legitimacy of the reports of violence in Syria, to begin with - or at least, to the extent that it is reported by various news agencies.

Very well said and I hasten to agree. I'm not sure about the WTC 7 incident, but this example they just used a 'related' image to possibly put home the situation.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Interesting case. Sorry to go off topic a bit but I hadn't heard of the WTC7 one and find it far more interesting, though the general BBC conspiracy thing is good to look into! It made me look into WTC7 for further answers. The live feed breaking up after a solid 7 minute picture struck me as odd. I remember BBC showing random clips on the day of WTC of cheering Muslims which was quite blatantly interspersed misleading stock footage for dramatic effect.

I too can confirm this. I remember the racist insults that subsequently followed after that unrelated footage, that really was propaganda.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The pictures from Houla, Syria, last Friday, are almost too brutal to look at. I have a 5 year old daughter and I know it's only luck of birth that separates her from this horror. But my shock led me to write this today as I know there is something we can all do together to stop this.

Avaaz Petition

I just received this email from Avaaz a little while ago, they are basically trying to petition for more international intervention in Syria to stop the so called criminal regime.

I'm wondering... if the picture being discussed in this thread is fake (or old), is this picture fake too? Both these pictures are claimed to originate from Houla.

I've known Avaaz to push suspicious things in the past.
edit on 28-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I stopped supporting avaaz a few months back.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I replied in a thread about that image i posted this image in a reply yesterday, this was the image that mainstream news outlets are avoiding to use.

And why is that?

Because do those children look like they were killed by an artillery shelling? in a artillery shelling no one survives let alone your whole body.

The children look like they were killed by a death squad because General mood of the UN mission stated the attack happened overnight.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
While false media reporting is very much part of the cultural landscape these days, I am getting the feeling that some of this is to help cloud what Alciada is actually doing in Syria. It is much easier to say that the recent massacrer was just a reporting error instead of facing up to who really is behind the killing. With local tv reports of media reporters embedded with the rebels in Syria, it is clear that western forces are trying to destabilise the government.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I flagged and starred this because of the discontent I have for main stream media sources...

VERY unprofessional... and VERY misleading!

1984 anyone? (BTW as sad as this sounds... that's my birth year) add those number thingies in my name and you my age....

But holy hell... reminds me of the CNN video of the reporters in Iraq... when they really weren't...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm convinced that it's a very gruesome CIA/Mossad inspired and led psy-op. Not that it didn't happen, just that that's the kind of thing they are willing to do or sponsor and lead (same diff).

I doubt Syrian leadership, when almost off the radar for their barbaric crackdown are about to order the stabbing and axing of 50 children. It just doesn't wash.

And my oh my the NWO MSM were ALL OVER IT, all day, murder of children of children over and over.

It's an absolutely horrific thing, but the way it's being protrayed and trumpeted, I am more inclined to believe the Syrian Government's claim that it was as yet unknown "terrorists" working in Syria than I am "Mockingbird" CIA vetted CNN or Fox News.

It has the same level of depravity to it, as 9/11, and the head chopping of that guy Berg I think his name was in Iraq, who was wearing the same orange Abu Graib prison gear and sitting in the same white plastic chairs they used.

Same damn $HIT!

It is utterly disgusting the things average civilized Joe public is made, unwittingly, to participate in indirectly by this kind of propaganda - argh!

I want to say more, but there's nothing more to say.

edit on 29-5-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's amazing to me this thread has taken off for two reasons.

1. The population hasn't already realized that television and websites need to make money. Therefore they generate revenue via graphic pictures and/or interesting stories.

2. The population of Earth is educated at a 2nd grade level. How could grand concepts like this be taken seriously? I'm not saying that you, ATS member, are a "redneck half breed person that I have no idea how you didnt accidentally kill yourself by now" person.

Maybe my bias, bigotry, racism and prejudice were wrong about you guys.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Looking at the horrific things happening in syria over the last year i have to say that any propoganda by the media that gains support to overthrow the government there should be looked at and promoted. Humanity needs to step up and stop such atrocities from happening at all. To the people of Syria. Hopefully the red tape gets cut in time before your lives are completely lost. And to all of you who think that this regime is the good guy. Think again. Russia and china will have their days in hell. But only after they drag us through it. For the people of syria. They know all too well.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The problem with this is that the 'damage' is already done in terms of forming general opinion on the issue.

Doesn't matter if the BBC later apologise for 'accidently' putting the wrong image up, they know full well the impact this propaganda will have on the average person.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I flagged and starred this because of the discontent I have for main stream media sources...

VERY unprofessional... and VERY misleading!

1984 anyone? (BTW as sad as this sounds... that's my birth year) add those number thingies in my name and you my age....

But holy hell... reminds me of the CNN video of the reporters in Iraq... when they really weren't...

It's getting to the point where.... It's all faked.

Think of it this way.

As a journalist, why would you go to a far away land to report when it can be green screened? There is no reason.

The media are hoaxing you. Do you really think the weather man is in space? Reporting the weather?

It doesn't stop there, open your eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join