It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Caught In Syria Massacre Propaganda Hoax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it looks more like "activist" punk'd the BBC with that photo, which they clearly distance themselves from labelling it with words like "believed to be" and "cannot be verified"

I think putting a picture of dead children and claiming it to be that of Syrian children at least warrents a little investigation, if you truly were an independent media source. Putting that picture up and then using every method to clear your name if anything isn't true is a clear propaganda tactic.

Look at all these dead kids! We gotta do something!

*We have no idea where these pictures came from, we are just assuming things.

Gimme a break!

you left out the part where I post they look bad and someone will get fired over it

oh the irony

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I left that part out because you are right. They do look bad and someone may lose their job over it.

I didn't include it in my reply because I didn't feel it added or took any context away from what I did quote.

For the record your post was small enough I should have quoted the entire thing, I just didn't have any comments on your latter comments.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
hold on...they had to get "caught"

theyv been using old footage in :

libya, lebanon, palastine and now syria....if you hadnt noticed that news is nothing but propaganda...then i feel sorry for you

peace
edit on 28-5-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You know what we say, a picture speaks a thousand words.

And where are the anti conspiracy theorists take on that photo? They are simply being lied to, period. The government is at the point where it can manufacture wars. How are things in Libya going right now?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So, one or two pics, used in a rush to quickly inform the world that a massacre, deaths to innocents, were being committed, was posted too fast before checking those photos if they were actual ones or just simply stock photos.

BUT DOES THAT TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT A MASSACRE HAD OCCURED IN SYRIA, & HAD BEEN HAPPENING FOR THE PAST 14 MTHS, THANKS TO OUR HUMAN INDIFFERENCE TO THE THE DEATHS OF OUR FELLOW INNOCENT HUMANS IN SYRIA ???

Are we to focus, or be misled to focus, upon a stock photo, OR the actual slaughters of innocents in Syria by the Regime, witness by thousands and even UN inspectors?

May conscience rule, for just once in those unconscionable heartless minds that cared more about one pic than thousands of fellow human lives.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

so who do you think commits these massacres..... the army....or......terrorists.

the world has sent its terrorists there, with weapons....to kill civilians....so that the international community can get involved.

egypts army didnt fall for it......but in syria you have isreal and "christian lebanon", plus kurds....crossing the border...commiting acts of terror, and all you can do is blame the people who are protecting their people.

i dont know what you consider an army to be....but they are not shooting their brothers,sisters, aunts uncles, parents, grand parents......closer to the turth is mossad, and nato sponsored terorrists.

peace

edit on 28-5-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
So, one or two pics, used in a rush to quickly inform the world that a massacre, deaths to innocents, were being committed, was posted too fast before checking those photos if they were actual ones or just simply stock photos.

BUT DOES THAT TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT A MASSACRE HAD OCCURED IN SYRIA, & HAD BEEN HAPPENING FOR THE PAST 14 MTHS, THANKS TO OUR HUMAN INDIFFERENCE TO THE THE DEATHS OF OUR FELLOW INNOCENT HUMANS IN SYRIA ???

Are we to focus, or be misled to focus, upon a stock photo, OR the actual slaughters of innocents in Syria by the Regime, witness by thousands and even UN inspectors?

May conscience rule, for just once in those unconscionable heartless minds that cared more about one pic than thousands of fellow human lives.

I'm sure we've all heard of the atrocities going on there and agree it is very sad and should come to a halt

But I think you are missing the bigger picture here.
Who are behind these atrocities?

I can assure you through many hours of research, the regime is not the root cause of the problem. There are Al-Qaeda proxies running rampant trying to instigate an illegitimate, violent, and merciless uprising to overthrow the regime and neutralize the country.
This is all part of a plan to take over the entire middle-east. The only figures that remain a substantial threat to NATO interests is (1) Syria and (2) Iran
Right now their taking care of business in Syria, and once thats done, Iran is next

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Brookings institute, Washington DC based think tank, openly discussing regime overthrow on behalf of the US

"This memo lays out six options for the United States
to consider to achieve Asad’s overthrow, should it
choose to do so:
1. Removing the regime via diplomacy;
2. Coercing the regime via sanctions and diplomatic isolation;
3. Arming the Syrian opposition to overthrow
the regime;
4. Engaging in a Libya-like air campaign to
help an opposition army gain victory;
5. Invading Syria with U.S.-led forces and toppling the regime directly; and
6. Participating in a multilateral, NATO-led effort to oust Asad and rebuild Syria."
www.brookings.edu...

"Al Qaeda leader backs Syrian revolt against Assad"
www.reuters.com...

"A photo published by French news agency AFP shows a Syrian rebel wearing the Al-Qaeda flag on his arm accompanying UN observers in the village of Azzara, again underscoring the fact that NATO powers are backing terrorists in their bid to topple President Bashar Al-Assad."
Original source: news.daylife.com...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This a very similar pattern of findings that occupied with the Libya overthrow

"Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime."

"Mr al-Hasidi admitted he had earlier fought against "the foreign invasion" in Afghanistan, before being "captured in 2002 in Peshwar, in Pakistan". He was later handed over to the US, and then held in Libya before being released in 2008."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"The black flag of Al Qaeda has been spotted flying over a public building in Libya, raising concerns that the country could lurch towards Muslim extremism."

"Libya: al-Qaeda among Libya rebels, Nato chief fears
Libyan rebel forces may have been infiltrated by al-Qaeda fighters, a senior American military commander has warned."
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Libya: the West and al-Qaeda on the same side
Statements of support for Libya's revolution by al-Qaeda and leading Islamists have led to fears that military action by the West might be playing into the hands of its ideological enemies."
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 28-5-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Really?

That's your angle?

Thousands of people die every week from alcohol. Thousands of women get raped. Millions of girls get treated as objects of sexual desire and little more. All of which are practices our society practically worships through social tradition (bars, prostitution, "no means yes"), music, and various other displays.

Perhaps I should storm into the local bar in my tactical gear as part of military intervention and start killing people. Start launching RPGs into vehicles driven by drunks or other reckless individuals. And deploying a strategic nuclear warhead to Vegas and tactical nukes to districts in Chicago. Special operations forces could eliminate much of the cancer that is hollyweird and its idols of indulgence.

Why is it that the BBC, with all its resources, cannot obtain a photo of these events?

Look - I honestly don't care one way or the other. We shouldn't get involved.

But why is it that they have to use stock footage? It makes no sense at all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
mainstream news outlets are about 1 part fact, 3 parts speculation and 5 parts propaganda. always to be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

and also with regards to this specific incident I think this was perpetrated by the free syrian army themselves as was stated here by Michael Maloof (former Pentagon official).
The region where this occured was under the control of the free syrian army, and the killings were all point-blank

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
They don't have magical way of knowing where every image on earth has been taken. What a load of bs. from infowars.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
CNN, BBC, daily mail are the ones I know for sure on the propaganda boat (I read these). Others I am sure are doing the same.

So pathetic: Oh please look at these dead children, bomb us NATO, please bomb us NATO, just make sure you miss children..

In other news NATO kills thousands of children in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, ....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The fact that CNN is having a news-orgy over the atrocities in Syria means that bringing this conflict to light is of political value.

Normally we just ignore atrocities and worry about sports scores, but for them to be covering this conflict, I'd say they're trying to build a case to get the UN "peacekeepers" into Syria.
edit on 28-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Case in point, read the title:

Children shot, knifed, axed to death

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Who wouldn't want to support a "war to liberate" Syrian's after reading this?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And the sheeple will just lap all this up and bay for more military meddling.

This is just like Kosovo all over again!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
MSM is with zero cred... Anderson with 'Syria' Danny and now BBC... let's all learn to photoshop so we can to be MSM reporters on the front..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Here we go again....did the Enquirer merge with BBC?
Maybe we can add this image to above:

The Hearst legacy lives on -
Remember the Maine!
you should ask the brits what time that story about 9-11 first aired . i am sure you will get a few weird answers of am in the uk

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is largely meaningless "care"- as ifyou "care" more than me or the person who started this thread, you may shout louder about "caring" but it does not make it so.

For the record I hate the fact that kids are being killed- that does not make "intervention" right and it does not make me "care" any less- intervention often leads to the deaths of kids, anyone care to look at Afghanistan!?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

and also with regards to this specific incident I think this was perpetrated by the free syrian army themselves as was stated here by Michael Maloof (former Pentagon official).
The region where this occured was under the control of the free syrian army, and the killings were all point-blank

In my opinion the perpetrator(s) is quite obvious. One just has to ask himself "who stands to gain the most?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join