It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Contributor Erickson and Family Targeted in Latest 'SWATing' Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Drop a dime:

drop a dime Slang To make a telephone call, especially to the police to inform on or betray someone.

This is a betrayal of the largest order. This is a betrayal to all people everywhere. To use law enforcement in this manner to put a risk a political opponent is tantamount to treason, the only Constitutionally mandated crime punishable by death, and for good reason, this is not a "prank", this is a crime.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Dropping a dime is reporting on someone.
Calling up, claiming to be someone, claiming to have done something bad, is not dropping a dime.

Let us not confuse our slang as some are just learning SWATting.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Dropping a dime is reporting on someone.
Calling up, claiming to be someone, claiming to have done something bad, is not dropping a dime.

Let us not confuse our slang as some are just learning SWATting.

Are you suggesting that "SWATting" has a place in the modern lexicon of slang? Should this term survive?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Are you suggesting that "SWATting" has a place in the modern lexicon of slang?

You read it same as me. What are you asking?

Should this term survive?

Oh, is that up to me?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

OK, let's all take a deep breath and relax and come back down to earth for a moment.
You honestly believe with all the enemies any president has, especially Obama, Holder is sitting around planning attacks on bloggers?

Holder is too busy, he would just sub it out to someone like...say....
Kimberlin.

You know these hardworking minions types like Kimberlin and Ayers...
terrorists with ties.

Kimberlin...

This was the same man who lied from a jail cell that he had sold pot to Dan Quayle prior to the 1988 election: a bogus claim that many in the mainstream media eagerly echoed in their desperation to determine the results of the election. And while spending hard time, Kimberlin completed his law degree and went to work as a spokesman for Bill Clinton’s first presidential campaign — as the 1996 Washington Times article, “The bomber who helped elect Bill Clinton,” points out. Soon after the election was decided on behalf of Clinton, Brett Kimberlin was out on parole, shortly to be overseas doing god-knows-what in the Ukraine

www.conservativedailynews.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

You sound crazy and apparently missed my point. It is not about Holder or his minions, it is about what you seem to think the main targets are. Not the RNC, not and congress Rs, not and conservative judges, not lawyers, not military, no the really important people to um...harass and let go with no lasting effect are 3 bloggers.

Yeah, say that to yourself a few more times.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

Says who? You? I am flattered.

Way to go there, holding onto the old left vs right.
Thinly veiled at best.

Cut your hair, put on a suit and tie and infiltrate the system from within.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that "SWATting" has a place in the modern lexicon of slang?

You read it same as me. What are you asking?

Should this term survive?

Oh, is that up to me?

You're the one insisting it was inappropriate of me to point to the definition of "drop a dime" and lamented that this only led to confusion to the "some (who) are just learning "SWATting". In order for this word to become a part of the lexicon the practice would have to continue. I think it is up to us all to ensure this odious practice live a very short life.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You're the one insisting it was inappropriate of me to point to the definition of "drop a dime" and lamented that this only led to confusion to the "some (who) are just learning "SWATting".

Yes, your ability to recall things that happened moments ago and exist in print is amazing.

In order for this word to become a part of the lexicon the practice would have to continue. I think it is up to us all to ensure this odious practice live a very short life.

Cool.

Anyway, I actually care about the topic and want to know who exactly "the left" is.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Your post looks to me like what happens when the blue screen of death pops up on my computer. It looks like my actual question to you about what you claim is happening confused you so much that you could barely make actual sentences come up.

GURU MEDITATION ERROR #49c38f8200c0a0234323b4111

I really wanted you to try to give a real answer too.
The right is really letting me down here with what they are using for distractions lately.

Just answer a goddamn question once in a while. It might help you realize why you cannot answer these questions if you at least give it a shot.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The right is really letting me down here with what they are using for distractions lately.

Thats why you do not comprehend my posts, or at least feign it - Your wearing those
glasses that only read from the left to right. Can help you with that,
take off the glasses.

Go back and read my post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

For any missing clues, read here:
patterico.com...
edit on 28-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Thats why you do not comprehend my posts.

You are mistaking "comprehension" with "concern." I just do not care what you think about the left/right issue.

Your wearing those
glasses that only read from the left to right. Can help you with that,
take off the glasses.

The get off of it.

Go back and read my post here:

For any missing clues, read here:
patterico.com...

No.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway...since you have NO CLUE why you said bloggers are bigger targets than any of the things I listed and cannot even address it back to the OP, who is the left?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Autumnal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Meanwhile in related news, Andrew Breitbart is still dead...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Ya, seems dangerous to be a conservative blogger at the moment.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

How so?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

How so?

Well this story is about Erickson, and then Ms. Aphrodite mentioned Brietbart, and the article also mentions Frey (Patterico), and Mike Stack.

This tactic has previously been used on conservative blogger Patrick Frey aka Patterico, a California Deputy District Attorney, and Mike Stack, a New Jersey private citizen, both of whom were targeted by the left following the sex scandal which forced Anthony Weiner to resign from Congress.

And others....
Criminal attacks on conservative bloggers.

And I'm not a fan of Beck but he has been claiming death threats for quite awhile now. There are plenty of stories out there about threats against Glenn Beck.

There are the previous stories of the Soros operatives and the Black Panther voter intimidation.

Just seems like a general health hazard to be a Conservative Blogger.
edit on 28-5-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well this story is about Erickson, and then Autumnal mentioned Brietbart,

Uh...no I did not mention Breitbart. I was actually trying to stay on topic while everyone else pointed in any direction but.

and the article also mentions Frey (Patterico), and Mike Stack.

This tactic has previously been used on conservative blogger Patrick Frey aka Patterico, a California Deputy District Attorney, and Mike Stack, a New Jersey private citizen, both of whom were targeted by the left following the sex scandal which forced Anthony Weiner to resign from Congress.

And others....
Criminal attacks on conservative bloggers.

And I'm not a fan of Beck but he has been claiming death threats for quite awhile now. There are plenty of stories out there about threats against Glenn Beck.

There are the previous stories of the Soros operatives and the Black Panther voter intimidation.

Just seems like a general health hazard to be a Conservative Blogger.

Glenn Beck is a blogger?
So 3 guys get pranked, Glenn Beck CLAIMS to get death threats (so does Tom Cruise btw so....
) and Andy was a lush that drank himself to death.

I hate asking the same question twice.
How is it a dangerous time to be a blogger? As long as you are using radio hosts as examples, feel free to use movie stars and tv personalities to show me how dangerous blogging is too.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Whoops, I fixed that sentence. It was Ms. Aphrodite that mentioned Breitbart.

But, movie stars weren't really the point of this thread?
Sure, I could say it is a dangerous time to be a black teenager, or a dangerous time to be a pregnant woman, or a dangerous time to be a small business man. But, seeing as how this thread is about someone intentionally targeting conservative bloggers, I figured I'd stick with that topic.

By the way, 45 year old men do not die of heart attacks walking home from their favorite pubs because they are lushes. They might die from liver cirrhosis at 60, but they don't have heart attacks at 45. There are plenty of threads out there about Breitbart, but I don't think it is fair to say he died because he was a lush. I know plenty of people that drank a lot more, for a lot longer, and died a lot later, but they didn't have his dangerous habits of speaking their opinions all the time.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I bet it IS some one in the goverment doing it.
They are Very dirty.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Whoops, I fixed that sentence. It was Ms. Aphrodite that mentioned Breitbart.

But, movie stars weren't really the point of this thread?
Sure, I could say it is a dangerous time to be a black teenager, or a dangerous time to be a pregnant woman, or a dangerous time to be a small business man. But, seeing as how this thread is about someone intentionally targeting conservative bloggers, I figured I'd stick with that topic.

So then again I have to ask why you mentioned Glenn Beck as an example to make your case about bloggers?
Did you not understand what I was asking and why I mentioned you bringing up radio personalities?

I honestly thought that was crystal clear.

By the way, 45 year old men do not die of heart attacks walking home from their favorite pubs because they are lushes.

They do if they should not be drinking alcohol because of their heart condition. They drop dead all the time from continuing to drink.

They might die from liver cirrhosis at 60, but they don't have heart attacks at 45.

I need to see your medical degree. So alcohol only causes cirrhosis at 60?
You have to be kidding me.
Do you know why Brietbart was supposed to be avoiding alcohol?
Because it complicated his heart condition.
Breitbart did not pop in a pub once a year to say hi and walk home. He drank a lot when his heart needed him to drink NONE.

There are plenty of threads out there about Breitbart, but I don't think it is fair to say he died because he was a lush.

Doctors seem to think it is perfectly fair. The coroner seemed ok with it. What do you know that you are not sharing?

I know plenty of people that drank a lot more, for a lot longer, and died a lot later, but they didn't have his dangerous habits of speaking their opinions all the time.

My friend Cindy died from liver disease at 29 so # you and who you know cuz none of that means jack #.

I am in the real world, sweety. Join me.

ETA: This is not what killed Breitbart but just a 5 second google search to reveal your ignorance.

Alcoholic cardiomyopathy is a disorder in which drinking too much alcohol over a long period of time weakens the heart muscle so that it cannot pump blood efficiently.

The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on.
This is not even a question outside tinfoil hat rooms and I honestly thought you of all people were above this kind of crap.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Autumnal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join