It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists uncover deja vu mystery

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Have to disagree with you there Lou. I have deja vu relatively frequently and I am not stupid nor do I have low memory capacity or function. I am a college educated professional with an IQ above 140.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Hawkmoon1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I think that this size thing is hard to accept; so, I have to think of this-size may not be a factor, as they think, and mostly not as it sounds. I mean, there may be a reason to the size difference but not in the way we all are trying to take it(as smaller is worse, bigger is better), but maybe the bigger structure is necessary for ample space of misfirings, ha, seriously. And, maybe the smaller structure is all necessary for a vastly wider understanding, or experiences of this world-like faster neurons only need smaller areas to perform at high levels, and the larger structures does not allow for precision firing, or rapid thought processes and creative experiences and understandings. So, the larger the less likely someone is to have precision neuron paths.
OK< I am kind of kidding.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by daaskapital

De ja vu is said by some to be the results of "memories" created by alternate versions of yourself...courses of action you took in a parallel universe, or places you went in a parallel universe, and you just happen to stumble upon that exact same event. Therefore, the place or motion triggers the memory in your mind, a memory of something your other self did but you have never done.

You "remember" doing it...even though it was your parallel self who did it.

This makes me wonder if deja vu is something akin to quantum entanglement at it's core. A link like that would help to more clearly explain part of the why & how of the mechanics of it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by akushla99

Me too, but they have not uncovered everything, only the part of the brain that does this kind of work.

I, as many others, have actually experienced deja vu many times, and I swear blind to my grave that I had dreamt or experienced events way before they ever happened.. this is the part that science now needs to explain.

How does this occur..
Are our lives plotted out in some way that combines fate/destiny with freedom of choice.. We are destined to make certain freedoms of choice that lead us to our fate..

Well, since they are saying that the area of the brain that they have correlated to Deja Vu experiences is smaller, I would hazard an hypothesis that this is an area of that brain that blocks us from receiving messages from our higher selves or rather from the same frequency of energy that defines us (our consciousness) that is not trapped in our bodies and within this portion of space/time.

If this is correct, I would also expect to find a correlation between a larger portion of this part of the brain in those that are more likely to ignore evidence of things outside of the paradigms they were taught.

Jaden

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've had many Deja Vu feelings over the years, and the resulting memory varies from having occurred just a few days to several months ago. It's almost as if my brain or body can sense how long ago this memory took place. If hypothetically speaking we are being programmed from the outside, it seems as if our programmer erases the last 2 weeks of our lives and resets them back to the very beginning of that time. However, when this phenomenon occurs there's always a 2 or 3 second overlap between the old and new time lines resulting in a Deja Vu feeling. I always joke with my brother and say that perhaps I somehow died in 2 weeks, but get to relive that portion of my life so I can be led down another path.

The other weird occurrence is when I'm sitting on a computer calculating some numbers, and then 2 seconds later someone in a TV commercial repeats the same value I had just computed, which could be in the 3 digits. This also happens with phrases or words that I hardly ever use. Sometimes when I'm sitting in a car, a song that I haven't heard in years will creep into my head, and as soon as I turn the dial, low and behold that song is playing on a radio station.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skybolt

Its called Syncronisities... they go hand n hand with Deja vu!

Could be markers for abductions...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You can trick a patients brain into sneezing. And you can trick them into having deja vu. This proves absolutely NOTHING. And this is all it is, trickery.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That explains NOTHING! It seems like now-a-days...things are just thrown out there...with nothing concrete to back it, and called: "facts". I'm not sure what's worse...."scientists" or "professionals". Wait, i got it.....it's "people we can trust". Pah-lease....these people still don't know how we (humans) came about. Maybe, we should start there, before we try to figure out the most complicated hard drive, on the planet.

I think Deja vu's are alot deeper than that. And, i seriously DOUBT it has anything to do with our brain. If i had to guess, i'd go with the "on earth as it is in heaven" theory.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I personally have always though that it was.. for a brief moment, you and yourself from another dimension or universe shared the same space for a moment.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join