It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Picketing Memorial Day Arlington Ceremony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Westboro picket schedule

In the next few weeks -
They will be picketing the wreath laying ceremony today at Arlington Cemetary.
They will be picketing various funerals of our fallen soldiers over the next week or so.
They will be picketing a NICKLEBACK concert.
They will be picketing the Billy Graham Center.
They will be picketing chaplain training.
They will be picketing the hometown of Billy Graham.

DO THESE IDIOTS EVEN HAVE REAL JOBS???

Side note - picketing Nickleback?
I bet they get their noses punched in there.

CX

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've said it before and i'll say it again....how are these people still alive?

So many guns in the US, i'm surprised no-one has put one to good use. Just the top lot, the rest will go about there normal business once they're not being brainwashed any more.

CX.

ETA: Before anyone comes along and accuses me of ruining a country because i'd turn a blind eye to violence towards a protester....in this case....yes i would so you can stick it!

edit on 28/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I just don't get these guys' ideology at all. I went to a baptist church when I was a kid, and while they certainly weren't the most open-minded people, they preached about kindness, forgiveness and doing good for people and whatnot. Religion turned out not to be my cup of tea, but I will always remember the good things I saw from the people at the church. It doesn't make sense to me how a church like Westboro would even USE the word HATE in their website address. And don't even get me started on how I feel about them picketing at funerals or memorial services, or the memorial day ceremony.

These people are really, truly Ugly inside, and it seems like they just use their religion as a scapegoat for their own nasty beliefs.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Those idiots are disgusting! Makes you wonder what god that cult is worshipping.They are a disgrace to Baptists and all of Christianity.
Baptist churches nationwide need to rise up against these lunatics and denounce them.

What part of 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son' don't they understand?

edit on 28-5-2012 by will615 because: addition

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's all about justification...as so many churches are. Look, I write a book on Sexual Health and espouse the tenets of sexual behavior based upon the morality of the Bible, I sell about 3 and half books. I write an expose espousing sexual liberalism and a "do as thou wilt" philosophy, I sell 3.5 million. Why? People will pay for justification. So you see, it's not just Westboro, it's so many of these churces. Go into one of these mega churches and you'll enter into a student council meeting from high school with the little go getter princess running the bible study and telling everyone how to love each other, but let a dirty homeless man come in off the street and try to sit among them, and then wait for the police. It's really no different. The people that gravitate to this false shepard are those who need the justification for the hatred in their hearts. Hell, alot of people here on ATS have a lot of hatred in them, I don't think anyone would debate this. This community has hatred for lies, and cover-ups, corruption and leadership that is purely self-serving. The difference is that we come here to discuss these relevant issues in a way that is, typically, cordial and sometimes productive. The followers of Westboro aren't as creative, succumbing to a more base nature in the release of these unhealthy and unholy emotions...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I've said it before and i'll say it again....how are these people still alive?

So many guns in the US, i'm surprised no-one has put one to good use. Just the top lot, the rest will go about there normal business once they're not being brainwashed any more.

CX.

ETA: Before anyone comes along and accuses me of ruining a country because i'd turn a blind eye to violence towards a protester....in this case....yes i would so you can stick it!

edit on 28/5/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

c'mon, right-wing bible-thumpers have a free pass...hell-fire and damnation are...uh...praised in this country. it's those liberals, gays, and abortion doctors that are murdered...after all, this is america for christ's sake!!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They are basically following the HATE that is preached all throughout the bible. Anyone who truly commits themselves to the bible and uses it as the one and only source of guidance in their life, will find out eventually that everyone around you is someone to HATE.

Eventually if a bible-fundie ever wakes up (an ex-Fundie here) they will realize that it is a book of HATE used for control and fear. A filthy disgusting book with a few nice verses that get repeated over and over again to make it look all sweet and moral. It is a TRUE BOOK OF HATE. And these bums here are just truly following their book of hate.

We dont need this nonsense. And we dont need religion.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
These people are a church in name only. They call themselves a church so they can claim that the hateful tripe they spew is their belief. Since it is their church belief, they cannot be held liable. They know this because they are all lawyers. Their goal is to taunt someone into doing something they can sue for.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The problem?

All those soldiers died to protect the rights to Freedom of Speech.

Even for hysteric hypocrites like WBC!

Do I like it what WBC is doing? Hell no!

But there it is.

peace
edit on 28-5-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok.

Let them picket, all they want, as long as they want.

Just not within 25 miles of any of these events.

new topics

top topics

join