It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK weather is shifting yet again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Very strange weather patterns have been happening of late in the UK.... we have had a very mild winter really during the months of winter and then we had early sunshine back in March which took us to 27c but a week later we went back to cold weather below 10c with outbreaks of hail and Ice.... through April we had rain constantly for about 2 weeks before the temp sort of settled around where it should be .... between 16c and 20c... but now over the last week we have seen highs of 27c again which is norm i think for British summertime (which it should be officially)

Now guess what? Later this week on Friday we are falling back down to 14c.... Just what is happening here??

14c is way too low for June.... its definately usually around the 22c or 23c mark through June.....

Any people here with explanation????

Is this just a reaction to the polar shift?

Global warming?

Will the weather get back to normal or will we be experiencing these strange patterns for a long time yet??

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As far as I can remember, we have always had really crappy summers.

Yeah the winter last Year was very mild, like no other winter but Summers have mostly been a bit iffy.

I remember snow in middle or end of May a couple of Years back. And I remember last Year and the Year before that, the weather man said and I quote "This is going to be a BBQ Summer" and guess who was wrong ...

I think with UK, it's just the normal now. But I gotta say, with the amount of heat we've had other the past Week, I'm looking forward to the 14 Degrees on the Weekend.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not really that strange. Britain always has very changeable weather - one of the reasons we seem to love talking about it so much! Perfectly possible to have all 4 seasons within a single day where i live - happens every year.

Britain also suffers from changes to the Jet stream, so again a natural cycle / variation. Since i have been alive, we have forecasted to have ice ages, tropical ages, monsoon ages, etc but the only real constant has been the fact that the weather here is in constant flux.

Don't fight it, embrace the heat! (while it lasts)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I wish the weather was as hot as it is all year round. It improves my mood substantially waking up to warm sunshine. The thought of it cooling down is quite depressing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I cannot find the article right now, but in essence i remember it saying that the atmospheric pressure ridge in the arctic has moved lower than it should be, this has caused a reversal in the predominant wind flow.
It means that weather systems normally confined to arctic lattitudes are dipping outside of their local boundaries.
This is what caused the massive snowfall across europe last winter, bringing snow to rome for the first time in 26 years.
What it is that has caused such a long lasting reversal in the polar winds, i do not think the article mentioned, but, it did say that the weather at lower lattitudes is going to be more severe and unusual, with regards to what we are used to, until the flow reverses again and pulls those polar weather systems back into the polar boundaries.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Where I live, we've just had the coldest day since 1914. -4.3 Celsius.

So either 98 years ago something happened that caused it to be colder OR it's natural.

I'm not sure, but it has to be remembered that when they say "Coldest day in..." then it has been recorded in the past and you have to reconsider the possibility that it is simply natural and not global climate change.

We live on a pretty violent planet which doesn't care about us one jot.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The reason why the UK's weather is so unpredictable is because of its location. We rely on the north atlantic drift currents to warm our Island beyond what would be the norm for this latitude position in the Winter and it cools us down in the summer. The drift currents also bring lots of moisture in the summer. It is just too unpredictable aside from you can guarantee it will rain at some point.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Very strange weather patterns have been happening of late in the UK.... we have had a very mild winter really during the months of winter and then we had early sunshine back in March which took us to 27c but a week later we went back to cold weather below 10c with outbreaks of hail and Ice.... through April we had rain constantly for about 2 weeks before the temp sort of settled around where it should be .... between 16c and 20c... but now over the last week we have seen highs of 27c again which is norm i think for British summertime (which it should be officially)

Now guess what? Later this week on Friday we are falling back down to 14c.... Just what is happening here??

14c is way too low for June.... its definately usually around the 22c or 23c mark through June.....

Any people here with explanation????

Is this just a reaction to the polar shift?

Global warming?

Will the weather get back to normal or will we be experiencing these strange patterns for a long time yet??

what do you mean mild winter? didn't you guys have an ICE age?

sorry if im confused lol, i just fail at certain things.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I wish the weather was as hot as it is all year round. It improves my mood substantially waking up to warm sunshine. The thought of it cooling down is quite depressing.

awwww

but i love the snow!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Its not important at all.

It will get even more bizzare as is necessary.

Just like everything else this is merely a distration. The more you pay attention to distractions just like this the more you stray from discovering the truth.

You have all the keys within you to unlock the truth. Everything outside is merely there to keep you from discovering this.

the closer people come to awakening the weirder things will get to try and scare people back to this fake reality.

stop watching what is going on outside. you must tune in to what is happening within.

its very easy to prove this. for example , promise yourself that you will leave ats for a couple of weeks and you are going to pay more attention to self exploration. i guarantee you once you start making progress some major event will occur that interests you greatly and that is calling you back here eager to post your input and distract you again..

try it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm not too convinced there's any "shift" taking place as of right now.. Taking March, which was what you discussed in your OP, into consideration here:

Last month was the third warmest March on record - outshone only by 1938 and 1957 - the Met Office has said.

It had an average temperature of 7.7C, compared with March 1938, which had an average of 8C. It was also the fifth driest and third sunniest March.
(Source)

According to this, there's no real reason to suggest this year is any different really. March didn't even beat the record from the 30's and 50's so I don't think we can exactly claim there's any exact "shift" going on or anything. And It's not uncommon for weather to change from warm to cold either.. It happens every year and we see these shift claims because of this every year too.

Looking at this month however.. well, yes, It's very warm. But we're also coming into June. That's hardly odd to be completely honest.

I think we ought to wait and see what the weather will be like before we claim It's going to be this and then use this as proof of that...

And again, I don't think It's that odd to see a blip here or there for a short period of time. It happens every year. If the weather dramatically drops down to the point where we have have snow however.. then I think we can worry.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Rising Against because: Woops, forgot to add the source. Changed the quote tags to ex tags as well..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There is nothing unusual I'm afraid. Depending where in the UK you live, 14oC in June is actually quite pleasant. Scotland for example has a June Mean of 14.5oC along with Wales, England is closer to 18oC.

Due to the geography of the UK, its possible for there to be a temperature difference of around 15oC on our tiny island i.e. Lerwick can be sitting at 15oC in the middle of summer and London at 30oC. The wet weather in April/May is normal. This is the time when the seasons are changing and the sun has more strength driving evaporation. This evaporation is dumped as rain on the UK via the westerly winds. Have you never heard of April Showers?

Its also not that uncommon to have a nice month in late winter. The weather patterns at the time were suitable to stop any cold polar air, S/SW air engulfed the UK for a time bringing in dry continental air. This occasionally happens in September and October - an Indian Summer.

There is no shift I'm afraid, this is standard UK weather. If it drops to 14oC this week, this temperature will be in the shade. I guarantee you that in the sun, between the cloud, it will be warmer...

Don't worry!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

The snow is good for about 12 hours, then it just becomes a pain in the back side. This weather is far better for the British national psyche. A bit more flesh on display and more opportunities to get out and about.

I was hoping global warming was going to turn us into a mediterranean style Island. Still waiting on that one

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
im enjoying this 2nd summer weather because i know it wont last too long and it'll be missed.
get all your hose pipe use before they ban it again if your in england.
beers and burnt meat makes a great bbq

to op -
this is the weather as it is often in the uk and not evidence of a polarshift and there is no normal weather, only averages.
edit on 28/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, well cheers for all your replies

And

I'm not worried..... just wondering whats going on.... anyway that forecast of 14c this Friday (which is forecast for London) has been displayed on the skynews website but I viewed another prediction and that said it was going to be around 21c so I dont know who's telling the truth....

new topics

top topics

join