It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacifism is cowardice!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

(Reply to original post)
First, try diplomacy. Then, intimidation. Then violence.
Old chinese martial art proverb.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

Click here for more information.

See I have made no specific insults or personal attacks. That nasty behaviour always seems to come from liberals. Liberals seem to think they have the right to say nasty things to people because of their ethical and moral superiority. Its ironic isnt it? You guys claim to be so nice yet are the first to get nasty.

Im guessing you are a whale lover. Not only do you guys claim to be morally superior you also feel as though you are more intelligent because you have the script to read from. You must be right hey? Wrong. Im no idiot and I would gladly compare IQ's with the likes of you. I dont read from a script. I have no spark notes. I think for myself.

And one of my favourite novels is Shogun by James Clavell. when I read that I found that I really agree with the Samurai way of life and philosophy. I also agree with the class structure of Feudal Japan because it had the merchant class below the peasant since the merchant is no more than a parasite. Since I read the novel I have taken the time to learn more about them They were awesome. For example,a castle built in Japan was not designed to keep people out,but invite them in. It was a labrynth-like trap. Japanese attitude is 'bring it'.

And I have never seen a Bruce lee movie. That clip of him playing ping pong is pretty cool though. And I have been in fist fights a bit but no military. I am hoping something like the Spanish Civil war breaks out in Europe though. I will make my way there myself. I am no coward. And I will not be dishonoured. Only on ATS because what can you do?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit- Spartans were no idiots. Samurai were no idiots.

edit- I missed the homophobic comment. If I was gay and read that I would be offended.

edit- I just noticed you edited out the homophobic comment. Glad I caught you. Worried about a violation or offending gay people?

edit on 5/28/2012 by TheRedneck because: removed ill-mannered quoted text

Edit-I didnt alert. Now my response makes no sense

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I think some pacifists hate cruelty so much that they try not cause others pain and some war-mongers love to inflect suffering so much that they lust for war. Thus, I wouldn't say all pacifists are cowards just as I wouldn't say all war-mongers are idiots.

If pacifists deserve any derogatory comments it is that they tend to be delusionally optimistic.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

I have come to believe that the average person in the U.S.A. thinks war is like the movies or a video game. Look at how far removed from reality most are in nearly every area.
The stupid have been breeding and it is their offspring who will inherit the Earth.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I agree.
The way I see it is that we need all kinds. The media, on the other hand, looks for extremes on both ends of the Bell curve.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

Haven't you seen the footage of the helicopter pilot shooting the news reporter and others? It kind of is like a video game now.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: had to add an s to makes news

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"It's easy to renounce violence until the day comes when your family is threatened".

Hear ya partner, I have been thrust into a situation sometime ago where I had to take the law into my own hands because others, and legal officials (my family, her family, police, children's aid, lawyers, judges, MLA's, Ombudsman, News Papers) ... Canada btw, wouldn't do a damn thing to help me protect my children from they're mom and mom's abusive boyfriend.

When I seen bruises, burns, and dehydration on/in my children (aged 3 and 5 (2000)) when they came to visit me I was in complete shock and tears, I tried to communicate my concern to their mom who brushed my concern under the table, so I then I talked with my family lawyer who told me to document this?!?!?
... for evidence in court *snip*

What will they say when my kids are dead??? "OMG... were so sorry sir" YA... "*snip*" ... for what they did to my family, and let me clear my throat "SPIT"

I did time in prison for trying to end the boyfriends life, the judge called me a vigilante and restricted me from seeing my children until I learned how to cooperate with the law and let them do they're job.

To this day I know how the legal gauntlet works and I've had a good look at the Laws legal blueprints (metaphor)... I've tried cooperating with them in the beginning because I was a new fish (inexperienced), I do plenty of research today looking for truth and answers and I'm telling you who not to goto when you're in a really bad situation with your family.

again... "It's easy to renounce violence until the day comes when your family is threatened". the time will present itself and you will know in your heart of hearts what it truly means to take a stand.

To this day (12 years later) I haven't heard or seen from my children, due to TPTB and they're puppets.

"NEVER CONTEND WITH SOMEONE WHO'S GOT NOTHING TO LOSE"

Good thread OP I needed to get this out

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 28-5-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rabidjackrussell

Man that sucks.

I hope you gave that guy the beating of his life.

The Police/Government should have thanked you.

If you were a coward you would not have went to jail.

But at least know you can look at yourself in the mirror. That is the most important thing.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Germanicus because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Throughout History most religions and belief systems, have their own variety on The Golden Rule.

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.

Now if everyone practiced this core belief of Human thought then there would be no need for war, as no one would practice the opposite.

It's so simple a belief, yet the vast majority of people do not practice it, despite it being a core tenant of their belief system.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-5-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I agree with you there, dude. I love the Golden Rule. When I was a kid, we were all taught that in school. Not so much anymore. But in my opinion, the Golden Rule is an excellent guide for when it is okay to resort to violence, and when it is not.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
reply to post by Gauss

I agree. The warrior spirit has been greatly distorted in modern society. The true spirit lies not in those who are violent for the sake of being violent, or violent merely in obedience to dishonorable leaders. The true warrior spirit is, as you say, a noble expression of self-respect and courage in defending worthy principles. A society that honors principles values the warriors that will defend them. Tyrants take control when these values are lost, and it is the usual tactic of tyrants to undermine the virtue of the honorable warrior and promote craven obedience.

Exactly, my friend. The lack of warrior spirit has also caused the society we have today, full of weakness and reliance rather than self-reliance. I don't want to get out of line, but part of the reason we have overweight people weighing in at over two hundred kilos is the lack of warrior spirit - the lack of self-respect, pride, and dignity. And that's just one of many examples.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by Gauss

(Reply to original post)
First, try diplomacy. Then, intimidation. Then violence.
Old chinese martial art proverb.

Excellent proverb, dude. I find that the old Chinese had very much right. Sun Tzu and Confucius are two of my foremost idols.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Go tell it to this guy -

Continued justification for war is what has brought the human species to the brink of annihilation. The best scientists work to create new methods of killing and control instead of inventing ways to alleviate human suffering.
I am a Christian but I would defend the lives of my family to the death. That does not mean I have to accept what the government says about who the enemies of the US are nor obey their orders to go to a foreign country and occupy it by military force.
I respect the men and women of our Armed Forces and do not question their motivations or integrity. It's our so-called leaders who would send them in harm's way that I do.
If they truly believed a war to be true and just they would be the first to fight and send their sons and daughters to fight for the cause.
They don't, and that is why I doubt their rationale and justifications for sending others to do what they will not.

Were the US ever invaded I would stand beside you with M16 in hand but our sovereignty ends at our borders, not halfway across the globe.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 28-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Gauss

I think some pacifists hate cruelty so much that they try not cause others pain and some war-mongers love to inflect suffering so much that they lust for war. Thus, I wouldn't say all pacifists are cowards just as I wouldn't say all war-mongers are idiots.

If pacifists deserve any derogatory comments it is that they tend to be delusionally optimistic.

I can respect that opinion, dude, except for when the pacifists start looking down at me. However, I still cannot help but look down at somebody who would not come to the rescue when an innocent person or loved one was in danger. Even if for the above mentioned reason, a person that would rather see physical pain caused to their loved ones than to the one hurting said loved ones, is lacking something fundamental in his brain, I think, no offense intended to anyone.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is someone a coward because they choose not to inflict pain on someone else because they know how that feels? Also, if someone is being condescending to you, that is not pacifism, but another form of violence. I think you're just being faked out. :p
edit on 28-5-2012 by Floydshayvious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
reply to post by Gauss

I have come to believe that the average person in the U.S.A. thinks war is like the movies or a video game. Look at how far removed from reality most are in nearly every area.
The stupid have been breeding and it is their offspring who will inherit the Earth.

That's true, and that's part of the problem of the War on Terror. Politicians talk about "smart bombs" and "surgical strikes", and how war is getting leaner, more efficient, cleaner...and people think the war will be just that, and will result in no civilian casualties. Because of that we are far too quick to resort to war these days. The truth of the matter is, war is and always will be dirty. If we live in the illusion that it is not, we're knocked off balance, and we'll have a much easier time resorting to war when it in fact might not even be necessary. If we however realize that war is and always will be dirty, and always will result in unfortunate loss of civilian lives, then we will truly only resort to war when all other options are out of the question.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabidjackrussell
"It's easy to renounce violence until the day comes when your family is threatened".

Hear ya partner, I have been thrust into a situation sometime ago where I had to take the law into my own hands because others, and legal officials (my family, her family, police, children's aid, lawyers, judges, MLA's, Ombudsman, News Papers) ... Canada btw, wouldn't do a damn thing to help me protect my children from they're mom and mom's abusive boyfriend.

When I seen bruises, burns, and dehydration on/in my children (aged 3 and 5 (2000)) when they came to visit me I was in complete shock and tears, I tried to communicate my concern to their mom who brushed my concern under the table, so I then I talked with my family lawyer who told me to document this?!?!?
... for evidence in court !@#$%^&* ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!!!

What will they say when my kids are dead??? "OMG... were so sorry sir" YA... "FU right back" ... for what they did to my family, and let me clear my throat "SPIT"

I did time in prison for trying to end the boyfriends life, the judge called me a vigilante and restricted me from seeing my children until I learned how to cooperate with the law and let them do they're job.

To this day I know how the legal gauntlet works and I've had a good look at the Laws legal blueprints (metaphor)... I've tried cooperating with them in the beginning because I was a new fish (inexperienced), I do plenty of research today looking for truth and answers and I'm telling you who not to goto when you're in a really bad situation with your family.

again... "It's easy to renounce violence until the day comes when your family is threatened". the time will present itself and you will know in your heart of hearts what it truly means to take a stand.

To this day (12 years later) I haven't heard or seen from my children, due to TPTB and they're puppets.

"NEVER CONTEND WITH SOMEONE WHO'S GOT NOTHING TO LOSE"

Good thread OP I needed to get this out

Wow. My sympathies for you, brother. I hope things work out for you one day. I can't say whether or not what you did was rigt or wrong, only you can decide that. From the sound of it I would've probably done the same thing in your situation.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Go tell it to this guy -

Continued justification for war is what has brought the human species to the brink of annihilation. The best scientists work to create new methods of killing and control instead of inventing ways to alleviate human suffering.
I am a Christian but I would defend the lives of my family to the death. That does not mean I have to accept what the government says about who the enemies of the US are nor obey their orders to go to a foreign country and occupy it by military force.
I respect the men and women of our Armed Forces and do not question their motivations or integrity. It's our so-called leaders who would send them in harm's way that I do.
If they truly believed a war to be true and just they would be the first to fight and send their sons and daughters to fight for the cause.
They don't, and that is why I doubt their rationale and justifications for sending others to do what they will not.

Were the US ever invaded I would stand beside you with M16 in hand but our sovereignty ends at our borders, not halfway across the globe.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 28-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

I'll say this; If I were Jesus, I wouldn't have esitated to brandish my brass knuckles and brawl my way out of Golgatha.
But, I think you and I agree (somewhat) on when it's appropriate to use violence and when it is not. I'm not advocating senseless violence and war. I'm just saying there are times when violence, even war, is justified and even necessary. For example when your country is being invaded - or when there's a genocide in the progress in some random third world country.

Also, any soldier who doesn't question his orders at least once in a while, is a dangerous tool, in my opinion. Sooner or later he's going to get an unjust order, and if he doesn't question it... On the other hand, a soldier is also required to do the dirtiest of deeds to protect the innocent. It's a difficult path to tread to be sure.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Is it because it makes you feel ashamed when they look down on you?

What exactly is your stance?

Do you advocate violence as a means to an end?

i.e. Do you think it was right to bomb Hiroshima?

None of the above are loaded questions.
I'm genuinely interested in how you think.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: edit for clearity

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
Is someone a coward because they choose not to inflict pain on someone else because they know how that feels? Also, if someone is being condescending to you, that is not pacifism, but another form of violence. I think you're just being faked out. :p

I have no idea what you mean by "faked out", friend, but let me put it like this. If somebody refuses to inflict pain on someone else to protect *themselves* from pain, then that's not something I can or have a right to look down at. That's their decision. But when they refuse to inflict pain on someone else to protect a third party from the second party, that is pure and undilluted cowardice in my book.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Gauss

Is it because it makes you feel ashamed?

What exactly is your stance?

Do you advocate violence as a means to an end?

i.e. Do you think it was right to bomb Hiroshima?

Hiroshima was a war crime, a crime against humanity, and a genocide, in my opinion, as was Nagasaki. It was, beyond doubt, the most evil and horrible act ever carried out in world history, in my personal opinion.

And I do not advocate violence as a means to an end, because that implies it would be my first choice. It would be my last choice, and if I found myself there, with no other options, to protect my loved ones, or any innocent people from harm, I would not hesitate for a single second to use violence. That's my stance on violence.

And sorry, but I don't understand the first question.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join