It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Greek-Phoenician Philosopher? A hidden book, revealed…

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You can use Google... but, I'm assuming you wanted me to answer more specifically, right?

The best way to learn a language from the internet is to look for an online dictionary (it is absolutely free online), and to look up the language's grammar, so that you can learn how to conjugate words (different forms of verbs and word order).

So

1) Google 'Sumerian Dictionary'
2) Google 'Sumerian Grammar' (I admit, this one is more difficult)...
3) Google 'Cuneiform Script' (Sumerian does not have an alphabet so you have to memorize characters)

By the way, there is not much information for Sumerian Grammar or Cuneiform Script but I'm just you'll find something if you search hard enough. The Sumerian Dictionary is easy to find though.

In order to keep this on subject, I did some research and it turns out that Sumerian Proto-Writing is about 10,000 years old!

Also, the story about The Garden of Adam and Eve, was taken from the Sumerian Texts.

The serpent was actually the serpent God named Enki (Which means 'Earth God'). He was fighting against Enlil (Sky God) who was his brother. Enlil was mad that Enki wanted to give the fruit of knowledge to humans so that they can become gods so Enlil fought with him. Anu (The God of Gods) wanted humans to be slaves, but Enki fought for their freedom.

Interesting how the stories change over time.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

There are no differences. You either have Faith or you don't. He didn't.

Faith, is the indoctrine of the intelligent onto those with lesser knowledge.

You should question your superiors, especially God ... as we are Human, to question these things is to learn ... not to question, is to stay ignorant.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Interesting thread , Id love to spend time in old libraries reading in dusty rooms with books that smell weird !
if only I knew the old world langauges !

What you mention from that book totally agrees with a book im reading just now call the secret history of the world
by jonathan black , where he states that moses, and jesus were actually apart of the ancient mystery schools taught to carry on secret knowledge to benefit mankind .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
What you mention from that book totally agrees with a book im reading just now call the secret history of the world
by jonathan black , where he states that moses, and jesus were actually apart of the ancient mystery schools taught to carry on secret knowledge to benefit mankind .

I too had looked at the reviews for this book (on Amazon), didn't look good...

Is this guy serious?
By Stuart Shelley

I'm actually lost for words...... My first port of call after buying, and subsequently reading 150 pages of it (MISTAKE), was to look on the internet to see if this book was an academic equivalent of Spinal Tap.

Where to begin.............the general incoherence, presentation of EVERYTHING as fact, not a single citation, awkward sporadic images hardly ever referenced to within the 'narrative', contempt for science and then subsequent appraisal of scientific/ psychological experiments that back up his 'argument/ history' (whichever word you want to use, I doubt he has ever bothered to use a dictionary) ....... ad nauseam.

In all fairness I do agree with some criticisms of polarizing religious and atheist thought and also the materialism that seems ubiquitous throughout the West but even these topics lack serious discussion within the book.

To use a vegetable metaphor (something the author loves), this book is a really big juicy looking fruit, maybe about the size of your head, and you are itching to open it up and eat what it contains. After much pulling and tearing away at the outside layers you eventually get to the juicy bit you can eat, only to discover its the size of a sesame seed.

It all leaves one wondering how on earth this guy is the editor of a publishing company.

Absolute rubbish
By L. Ferguson (Galway Ireland)

Despite being a cynical 'materialist' as the author would put it, I do and have always had a love of the occult and the esoteric. It can make for a good read even if one doesn't believe a word of it. I picked this book up in the mistaken belief it was an actual 'History' of secret societies and their beliefs. It isn't. It's a prattling, self-righteous and downright shoddy piece of trash.

To begin with the book is woefully written. The author often seems incapable of writing more than two sequential sentences before darting off to the next fantasy. What few points he has to make are so drawn out and belaboured as to be unreadable.

The book is chock full of tired and vapid New Age hokum masquerading as important esoteric knowledge, plenty of 'see with your nose, think with your ears' pseudo-Zen claptrap. The book would be a wonderful pardoy of occultism if the author wasn't so obviously sincere.

...this book is so awfully written, badly edited and sloppy that it's a disgrace that it made it onto the shelves at all. Patent proof that it's never 'what you know' but 'whom you know.' I strongly advise people to avoid this piece of garbage like the plague.

Utter rubbish
By anon (Notts)

I was given this book as a Christmas present. I read the blurb and expected it to be a book that I would readily enjoy because of my interest in history and mysteries. What a dissappointment. It is utter rubbish. Based on assumptions that we are all trying to evolve into some type of vegetable and that the true meaning of life is some secret that only a few have ever understood, I found myself flicking through the pages to find anything interesting. But no. And I did try twice! How anyone can give give this 5 stars is astonishing.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It seeems the pattern of manipulation, deceit, and control has always been that of man.. the jews controlling and taking over, there best weapon? Religion. Lying about the bible to control and decieve millions to follow a false faith.. hmm look at today's World. There is a Zionist-jewish "conspiracy" (if we can call it that).. a jewish bloodline that is in control fo the banking system, most religious systems, and pretty much control everything operating the top of today's leading societies..

How easy it would be to manipulate blind followers in following a false faith.. when this faith, no one truly knows the truth and origins OF! Yes I'm talking about the elites, their jewish bloodlines running back hundreds and hundreds of years back.. destroying, controlling, challenging, manipulating and decieving the dumb following-sheep. These certain bloodlines knew/know the first languages, so they can decipher any scripts and ancient texts, and tell the people WHATEVER they want! Just one big Lie! Like the Bible itself! (Cry about it Christians.. the bible has been tampered with and re-written HUNDREDS OF TIMES.. anyone who oppose that fact, is lost in their faith, period.)...

Money/Religion are the bloodlines most powerful ideas ever brought into the sub/conscious minds of limited thinking human beings. Thus, making it so easy to take control. Things are the way they are today because, many years back, these certain bloodlines took over! They destroyed any religions and churches that opposed them and woudl keep them from gaining "Faithful-Power"..They slaughterd, they took, they captured, these bloodlines did whatever they had to do to get to the top. And they did just that. We are LIVING in their game STILL, to this day! Anyone who denies it, is walking blind in a false reality, and need to wake the F up. Life is not a joke; but these elitest-bloodlines are the ones laughing at all the blind followers playing their Black-Magik games.. playing their machine everyday. The game of "Divide & Conquer" is certainly won by these in the know.

To the maker of the thread; try and read as much of these ancient texts and books as you possibly can decipher/translate! So much truth lies in these books, as barely ANYONE in developed countries knows how to read ancient Hebrew. Even though the churches and libraries of humanities history has been burned and lost forever... there is still some truth out there, waiting to be read by those who give a damn to find it. Wish I knew Hebrew.. but that is not my focus in life. We need more individuals translating these ancient texts, figure out the truth and root of false-faith, and the origins of all this religous-power!

If my post seems bonkers... this my very belief and view on humanity presently, and in the past. Too many clues, too many people figuring out this mess we call Life, we call "Society", religon, and all the things that control the masses of a single planet. All the dark secrets, the elites who operate from behind the scenes who never expose themselves to public view, nor will they ever! Whatever way you want to look at it; I think we can all agree on one thing... There is a deeep lie on the face of this planet Earth, and billions are being led into the dark, lied to and deceived of a false-faiths. Blindly and sadly, billions are taking the medicine and refuse to belvie anything other then what they have been told since birth, and what they have experienced in society their entire lives...

The truth is out there waiting to be found. We need to turn our backs against false-faith to find it

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82

Actually, according to the book of Enoch, it was the fallen angels who originally taught humans secrets and magic from heaven that they weren't supposed to. The book goes on to talk about how these fallen angels will be judged for defiling man and the earth.

Enoch, Chapter IX:5-6

5) Thou hast made all things, and power over all things hast Thou: and all things are naked and open in Thy sight, and Thou seest all things, and nothing can hide itself from Thee.

6) Thou seest what Azâzêl hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn:

Enoch, Chapter X:6,8

6) And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons.

8) And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.'

This is why you see God giving Moses the same powers as the Egyptian magicians in Exodus 7, to prove God's power over theirs in order to convince the King to allow Moses and his people to leave Egypt.

In the end, the Bible says that all of these fallen angels that taught these things would be cast into fire on judgement day for all that they had done on earth, as man was not meant to have this kind of knowledge.
edit on 29-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

it is exactly as the reviews state not really many sources to back up these claims its all just from the author who supposedly spoke to some master of a mystery school!

therefore you cant really tell whether or not its true !

this book to me is just a bit of light reading !

I still prefer "hamlets mill"

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Would you be kind enough to elaborate more on the "Phoenician prophecy about the resurrecting phoenix to the resurrection of Jesus"?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

As a devout christain, I found your post very interesting and educational. God gave man the spirit of free will, which includes the desire to pursue knowledge. Your posting in NO way should offend any christain, I like to think of myself as an educated person and the Bible clearly says that it is the direct word of God, however so many men have rewritten, redacted etc etc. I believe the intention of the Bible is clear, espicially the New Testament which is in my opinion the only relevant portion directing christains on how we should live. I appreciate your posting and look forward to more.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for that info. So it sounds as if sumarian is more like a heiroglyphic type language then. I was kind of hoping there was some book I had never heard of that you could point me to. Oh well. I did actually google to see if there was a complet idiot's guide to sumerian, sadly they haven't gotten around to that one yet

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting ...

seeing the date is this was Written a little After the first Council of Nicaea

Another man that had Doubts in his research way back when ...

much what he has said others thought later on and this is just a little after a hundred years after
the Council of Nicaea

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is complete nonsense. There was no Holy Bible in the time of Moses! They had no Bible. What was written, was recorded on animal skins and tablets. Plus they had their oral traditions which the history would be passed down. The Holy Bible is full of reliable historic accounts and archaeological discoveries continue to support what's written. I don't know why people even waste their time with such nonsense.
edit on 30-5-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

It is all relevant. Jesus and the apostles quoted the Old Testament. Without the fall of man, there is no Christianity. It's important we start from the beginning.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedAmnesia
reply to post by chr0naut

Here you go dear, I already commented on this one:

From the same link of Melchizedek that I provided, here's a quote that can answer your question: In Nag Hammadi Library: A collection of early Gnostic scripts dating on or before the 4th-century, discovered in 1945 and known as the Nag Hammadi Library, contains a tractate pertaining to Melchizedek. Here it is proposed that Melchizedek is Jesus Christ.[72] Melchizedek, as Jesus Christ, lives, preaches, dies and is resurrected, in a gnostic perspective. The Coming of the Son of God Melchizedek speaks of his return to bring peace, supported by the gods, and he is a priest-king who dispenses justice.[73]

In that case, if Jesus is Melchizedek, how (or why) does He mentor Himself?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hello again everyone, yesterday I went again to the Library as promised and there was more than 3 monks doing studies & readings. Since we all sit on one bg table, it was impossible to take any pictures of the hand-written book. But I will keep continuing my quest and try to fulfill my promise to members who posted on this thread to try my best and post some pictures as evidence even though I think it will be difficult to find someone else who can read them.

Meanwhile, I have received this U2U from an ATS member asking me to post the following, he preferred not to interfere directly, so whatever! here it is:

Do you understand that Jesus trekked to the eastern Himalayas, India, Tibet region during the 'missing' years? Would you believe that Jesus was a seer or prophet in the sense that he was as an extension to G which is made of E-nergy, otherdimensional. I believe too many folks are too caught up with the 'flesh' shell of Jesus and missed the main point. Would you agree that each word in the alphabet had significant meaning in the Symbolic geometry and Sounds of the vowels as well as their inherent meanings? Now thAt my friend is the real message. Jesus only wrote with sYmbols in the sand for he didn't trust in the word, whether spoken or written to describe thAt Of the Creator. Just as a riddle, a sYmbol was preferred to explain Truth and Wisdom so as to "Inspire" one to envision and then Invision the truth so as they may seA it for itself, as it Is as all truth as all natural laws are embedded, woven in the cosmos/stars so to say. A man could read a thousand books and hear a million words and still not understand a single Natural Law for as it was/Is. Long topics though do you follow me? Do you have any questions about the above? Have you been to the Vatican Library? Have you been to the Mason Library in Los Angeles? Have you seen the collection in Turkey, Tibet, China, Japan etc. Point is, all real truth is universally understood for as it is when it is heard or seen for as it is regardless of whom sais it or in what language. Any truth, when heard, vibes as a bell of baal or not? Would you agree with the above? If something makes sense, is it not Of sense? I believe mankind should rely more on his own intellect, intuition and instinct than the 'words' of another spoken or written of another. Words, if anything can only attempt to inspire one to seek out that which can only be seAn for as it Is. Words, words, words. The Giants, pre-human, pre-mixed with human, were telepathic and had no need to utter 'words' but were known to sing tunes as tunes in the Right frequency are healing in themselves such as the Gregorian chants in the 528 HZ.
youtube
See Leonard Horowitz's website for more on this. He is not a zionist and does not ascribe a 'label' to his beliefs as labels are just silly human constructs anyhow and divided mankind more than they could bear. Organized religion is just that, Organ-ized for No Good Reason. Would you agree with the precepts above? I'm interested to hear the reply or thoughts of those whom you view as 'knowledgeable' in the matters above regardless of what label they may ascribe to themselves or has been ascribed unto them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

That's a good point, but how should I know that? I didn't write the book neither the Wikipedia article of Melchizedek. I hope someone else knows how to answer your question.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You can find some nifty spy cameras on ebay and such, and pretty cheap as well. Just thought I would toss out that james bond like option

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Stars and flags for such an interesting post, and it's a shame this isn't on the front page. I envy you for having access to such a library, and for being able to get a glimpse at some of the mysteries of our history. By all means, get some pictures of the book if you can; I would even write a summary of what you've read every day, so you won't forget it later.

I never believed in the authenticity of the bible; it's obviously heavily influenced by other works, older and more consistent than it. I also don't think that Jesus is responsible for half of the things they say he did or said. Prophet, philosopher, spiritual master or whatever he was, he's used for almost two thousand years as a mean to an end; a tool to control the masses under the pretext of religion. So the truth about the real man named Jesus is buried too deep under the layers of deception, too far away in the past. Books like the one you found are very important, first, because they shed some light over this whole topic, and second because they show us, again, the inconsistency of the accepted version of history and religion. Even then there where doubts about this story. But two millenniums of heavy propaganda under the threat of dead can make anyone "the son of god"; so today the truth is the last thing we want to face. Nobody likes to discover that he put his faith in a lie.

"What difference does it make who he was; either you have faith, or you don't." Sad. From all the religions of the world, I think Christianity is the most hypocritical.

The quest for truth it's a tedious and ungrateful task, and as you can see from some comments here, it will touch some sensitive nerves. (Actually I expected more interest on this topic from ATS.) So thank you for sharing your discovery with us, in spite of the negative reactions.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
More evidence that the Bible was modified and censored, while original texts were in different languages:

Apocrypha

And this one:

The lost books

Were both sent to me again by U2U to be added here, so why not!
edit on 28/10/2008 by RedAmnesia because: typing mistake

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nice links, thank you and whomever sent them to you.
Also a bump, maybe some more interesting stuff comes around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join