It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus a Greek-Phoenician Philosopher? A hidden book, revealed…

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Recently I learned the Arameic language and read more about the first people who used the first alphabet, their history and their culture, they were the Phoenicians. So I’ve been doing a lot of reading of books written in this language mainly within the Maronite Library of Beirut since I still have one year left on my work contract based in Lebanon and I’m a foreigner here. These books are of great Historic value and commoners like me are not allowed to take them out of the Library, so most of my readings were done after work in this location under the supervision of their priests on rotation turns. Lebanon is a country recently divided between 18 different sects of Christians & Muslims, yet so rich in culture and historical achievements (since the days of the Phoenicians), it’s beautiful to live in. Lebanon doesn’t look at all like the western Medias advertise it, it’s more optimistic/advanced & cultural. It is also fundamental to know that this piece of land has always been the first & last boundaries between major civilizations & religions, yet it survived with its diversity & through its monasteries and its hospitality for most cultures.

Going back to my subject, I lately read a book written by the Maronite monk “Estefanos Sarkis el Khoury” , written by him in the year 827-828 AD in the midst of Islamic conquest of the Near-East and during times of persecution where the Maronites Monks of Lebanon use to live hiding in the grottos of the Lebanese Mountains.

So regardless of my personal opinion and regardless of the church opinion, this is the brief summary of the book (in bullet-points), and your opinions are the ones that matter:

• The Bible (Torah) was written in Byblos (Byblos=Bible=Book in Phoenician), the oldest port-city in the world from the first alphabet was spread to the world from this Phoenician city through one of its best mariners & teachers Cadmus from Byblos.
• Moses was a conqueror and invaded the Phoenician lands of Canaan.
• He took the Bible from Byblos & modified it to suit him better to control his people.
• Through this Bible, the Jews got to know about God.
• But the Bible isn’t a reliable historical book and was further modified under Jewish scribes.
• The Jews were Pagans and worshipped statues as gods and one of the historical proofs in the Golden Bull Statue that they made and worshipped before Moses destroyed it.
• Before Moses came, they didn’t know about god.
• Historical people who spoke about one God were 2 Phoenicians wise men who lived in solitude most of the time and wrote important amount of the original Bible from Byblos. They were: Zeinoun from Tyr (Sour in modern Arabic, he established in Cyprus his first philosophical academy during the days where Cyprus was a pure Phoenician colony where Greeks used to visit for commerce. He then went to Greece and established more academies where famous philosophers learned knowledge and writing. The Phoenician alphabet was transformed to Greek to suit the language better.) And Melchizedek was the other person, it is said that he was a mentor of the young Jesus.
Melchizedek

• Zeinoun became a major Greek philosopher, and he became known as Zeno of Citium
Zeinoun

The book claims Jesus was Athenian by Nationality and a student to Zeno’s teachings through Melchizedek
• It claims Jesus wasn’t a Jew and that the Jews at that time wouldn’t crucify one of them.
• Jesus’s open doctrines and simple ways of life generated from his Greek open minded background where no Jew would’ve accepted to live the same. Same as john the Baptist who lived the same way and spoke with the same methods.
• During history the Bible was modified by Jews and then adopted by the Church. The book asks why? Why the they both adopted that Jesus was a Jew and a son of David?
• The author claims that Jesus spoke Greek & Aramaic (mainly Phoenician) before learning Hebrew and starting to preach at the age of 30. It took him some time. Some 30y of obscure dwellings.
• Phoenicians reached south America, they establishes colonies all over the Mediterranean (Sicily, Malta, Carthage, Carthago-Nova (Modern Catalunia), Cyprus, Corsica, Marseilles, etc…) The author mention these with some details & asks himself why modern Bible followers want these facts hidden.
• He laments the Phoenicians who gave the Alphabet & Jesus to the world, and asks himself who is behind hiding all the secrets & truth of History.
• And he concludes his book linking an old Phoenician prophecy about the resurrecting phoenix to the resurrection of Jesus.

It’s somehow weird when modern Historians speak of History, sometimes they jump the whole 4000y of Phoenician history and replace it with a Jewish one, or any different one (Persian, Greek, Egyptian…)
When I think of the year this book was written by the monk, I can’t help but think that this guy was a real father of conspiracies a great ATS ancestor

I didn’t input my personal opinion as I prefer saving it to myself, but what do you think about that?
edit on 28/10/2008 by RedAmnesia because: Grammar mistakes..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Frankly, just another man who thinks that Jesus wasn't who He claimed to be.
Just another man, like millions today, who believes that Jews are the "chosen people" of God.
Just another man, like millions today, that thinks Judaism is the religion of the Bible.
Just another man, like millions today, that cannot believe that God directly intervened into the life of mankind.
Just another man, like millions today, that believes that God has no power to direct the words in holy scripture.
Just another man, like millions today, who think men are sovereign to God.
Just another man, like millions today, that reject the Saviour.

There are no differences. You either have Faith or you don't. He didn't.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Maybe... But from my part, it was a shame not to share such a non-commercial historical & original book forgotten on the shelves of a library that survived history and wars and civil-wars.
The ideas in it, create their own debate. There was no media and there was no telecommunications. In most legends, there's always a small truth.

+23 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Just another man, like millions today, who believes that Jews are the "chosen people" of God.
Just another man, like millions today, that thinks Judaism is the religion of the Bible.
Just another man, like millions today, that cannot believe that God directly intervened into the life of mankind.
Just another man, like millions today, that believes that God has no power to direct the words in holy scripture.

just a man who was in a better position to see the truth for what it really is, than just another man on the internet today.
I bet his faith was much stronger than yours, it is pretty lame of you to say he does not have faith, what you mean is, he does not have your faith so he has no faith.
I really detest people like you.

Redamnesia, thank you for an interesting and thoughful post, Quite an achievement to learn the language that jesus spoke in.
edit on 28-5-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Faith is often claimed as the exclusive right of those who believe in "the one true God"... But doesn't that seem disingenuous?

I think he had faith, and courage to try and spread this message. His faith was not in JC, or in Yahweh, but in the human interest in "The Truth". Whether the truth he wished to spread was "The Truth", we'd likely never get to know... But anyone who discounts a bit of information because it conflicts with their preconceived notions is blinded to new knowledge. You can't learn if you're not willing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing what most likely would have been a book no one evr heard of to our attention. I think theres a lot we dont know. But I feel this monk had a decent idea.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this valuable information I'm sure there are many ancient writings yet to be discovered and it is through people like you - who go to the bother of learning the language that we are able to share in such fascinating discoveries.

Keep up the wonderful research! S&F

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on your parade. Tell me, what difference would it make if Jesus was a Greek Phoenician philosopher or a carpenter from Mosco or for that matter a Siekh shoe maker in the Himalyas?

What difference does it make to you today?

It always fascinates me how people can debate for hours on end on something that will not get them out of this mess.

I think of this world a bit like a prison. Most people cannot phanthom that this is a prison, cause they think it is so nice here. Speak to anyone that has had a glimps of the afterlife, and you will know that this is the prison. So, why do we sit around in this prison, debating for hours on end about something that happened 2 000 years ago?

Rather find your way out, than debating the state of the prison and what exactly the occupation/nationality was of someone that lived in the body 2000 years ago. I don't see the sense in it.

Still, if it blows your hair back, enjoy!

I'm out of here. Cheers!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
One of the ways to get out of this prison is to deny ignorance
identifying the sources of delusion responsible for this mess is critical to that end

"lie back and enjoy it" is what rapists wish rape victims would do, like a pedophile priest would want his victim to do.

FAITH is what the victims had for their defilers (Like the pedo priests), jus liek all the victims world wide have had for the anointed one

to the OP
The bit about how the so called biblical hebrews would not crucify one of thier own, even today you can get away with crimes against the goy by hiding in Irsrael

Back in the day if a biblical Hebrew wanted to get rid of another Biblical Hebrew he would do like David is purported to have done:
send your buddy off to war in the front line so as to get killed so you can marry his wifey

If jesus was NOT a Biblical hebrew I guess Israel wouldn't have an excuse for the rape of palistien.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Funny that the man from tyr came to be known as zeno, zeno (written xeno) in greek means foreign so thats atleast one point that is most likely true. This is extremely interesting, greece has definately birthed a good amount of philosophers.

reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Without the past you have no hindsight of the future. That is a ridiculously ignorant statement, you say that people live in prisons, what is potentially one of those prisons? Religion. Your statement is contradictory. Just because it doesn't immediately affect you does not mean it is not something to be pondered. Say that hypothetically we had not known that bayer pharmaceuticals had its origins back in the major wars we have recently faced (expecially vietnam war with agent orange) we would look at the pharma companies in a completely different light than we do now and may not be as aware of the problems they are posing to society.

If the real history of Jesus was found it would have a phenomenal effect on the lives of millions of people for better or worse, even if it doesn't effect you it still has the potential to effect someone else. I personally believe that many people are blinded from religion that has been perverted over the years and this could reverse that. still not worth it?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RedAmnesia

Actually, thinking about it, (and to take on Danbones point a bit further) it was the Romans that crucified Christ, not the Hebrews.

Herod may have been both King and also a close childhood friend of Emperor Claudius, but it was Pontius Pilate (Governor) who ordered the crucifixions.

This was standard practice in every Roman province - they may have client Kings but it was Rome that ruled (with an iron fist).

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

slight off topic...sorry OP.

I reject the Saviour...'cos I don't see myself needing salvation. Salvation from what? The rapture?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

He took the Bible from Byblos & modified it to suit him better to control his people.

Is there a way we can get a copy of this Byblos, and compare it to the "Majority Text" of bible manuscripts?
Is there a way for the original Byblos manuscripts to be dated?
Without at least some conclusive evidence of the claims made in this book, the Christians are going to reject it, because it calls into question the very foundations of Judaism and Christianity.

Personally, I would have to ask why these books are kept under wraps if they are interested in the "truth" being known.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

No because as far as i am aware (and please feel free to correct me here ATS) the oldest surviving bible in the world is a 4th Century AD version, or, to put it another way, a book written nearly 4 centuries after the life of "Christ". How this can be seen as verification is way beyond me.

In comparison, King Arthur's name first appears in the Welsh poem Y Goddodin in the 7th century AD - only two centuries (max) after his life. His tale is first told properly in Geoffrey of Monmouths Historia Regum Britaniae in the 12th century.

The reason for me including King Arthur is simply to demonstrate that something written centuries after the "life" of a "person" should not be taken as gospel!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Here is the History of Cadmus, possible founder of Thebes. Something to consider in all of this: The Greeks took many of the accurate historical occurrences in their area and made them Greek. It's likely this was a common practice in other areas of the world as well. Much of our mythology from this period was a derivative of stories passed along the early trade routes. Philosophy was a product of networking, just as ATS and the Internet produces the same types of interconnections. Often, historical accuracy is lost in the mix.

How can the Bible be set apart (Sanctified) from this type of tainting? The scriptures were handed down by the scribes. No other tradition of recording information has ever surpassed this method of locking information into written form. The stories and meaning within the Bible is locked in two ways: It is first locked in historical fact. The Historical facts really happened, yet were written by God as we would write and direct a movie. The Scribes and prophets then recorded the information as they were inspired. This is where the second layer of encryption is found within written scripture. The words are written in such a way that the true meaning is encoded in symbol.

In the first century, there were schools in Israel and Egypt where these methods of transmission were taught and learned. This method today is called Hermeneutics, but Hermeneutics is simply the method of unwinding the truth by context to the original story. Much of the unwinding comes from archeology. We can only unwind the story after a proper context is unearthed and studied. The last 2000 years represents this process by many and varying schools, as well as all secret societies. Consider the significance of a preflood civilization locking their intellectual treasures into symbol and stone the same way. After the flood, the race was on to unlock the symbols. This is still going on today. At the center of this, we have the thread of truth weaving its way through the pages of the Bible. Why did Joseph need to go to Egypt and translate? Why did Moses need to go to Egypt to be schooled? What connection does Israel hold in this? To see, Enoch is the Key. Enoch is Hermes. Until we see this fact, we cannot then connect the rest of the story to Greek culture and Egypt. Thoth is Hermes is Enoch.

The Bible is the key, but the symbols to unlock the Bible are found outside its pages as well. Pride blinds, even for the theologian. Until we open our eyes and begin the process of unlocking the symbols, they remain words, words, words. The Book of Enoch I, the Corpus Hermeticum, the book of Jasher and the Bible are needed to see the underlying story. All seven continents hold a key to unlocking the entire story. As much as I can, I have tried to unfold what I know in the link below (Signature).

Scripture is Hermetically sealed. Enoch was the founder of this process. The keys are found in rightly dividing scripture by symbol and history. The Seven Rules of Hillel are the rules for the process.

Jesus is who scripture says He is. Much more, but no less.

edit on 28-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I wish I can get a copy of this book. Nobody is allowed to bring books out of this historic Library unless there's an ok pass from the Maronite Bishop of Beirut. But it is available in the library I mentioned and the Library is in the Convent of St. Georges in Beirut next to the historical site of the first Law School in history in the middle of downtown Beirut. Anybody can go read this book but no one can take any book outside as far as I know.

This book was so fascinating, and that's why I shared it. I was also wondering why they kept it? Do they know something we don't? or they never noticed this book on the shelves?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Star and Flag! Excellent post. Many times I have wished I could read and understand a few of the Ancient languages. This all sounds about right too. I have a Rabbi friend who even though he is a Jew, tell me there is nothing original in the Torah, or Talmud. I have to admit, even though I know about the Phoenicians, I never figured this. Cudos, friend. Got any more?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Most of your post is a load of crap I'm sorry to day.

The first Egyptian to believe in one God was in fact Pharaoh Akhenaten, husband to Queen Nefertiti. Many say Akhenaten believed in the sun God but in fact it was not quite true - whereas the Muslims believe the moon God was more important.

Moses learnt the "craft" from the ancient Egyptian priests who were in full knowledge of ancient mystics and beliefs of past civilizations & peoples including Sumaria and beyond; of course Alexandria was the main hub for international travellers and trade from all corners of the world. Moses was also a stone mason and architect of his time.

Of course, it is rumoured Jesus' biological father was Greek born but his biological mother was most definately a Hebrew. If you look through ancient history you'll find more than one "Jesus" and "Joseph" and "Noah" in legends going way further in the world's most ancient texts of very ancient civilizations.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think - that the 'big 3' religions have hidden a LOT of pagan history.
Pagan today - as a word - is still practically spat by a lot of religious people.

When I read the words of Jesus, they resemble a lot of ideas consistent with Greek philosophy.

I believe that Jesus was a very learned person. He probably learned a lot in Egypt, then impressed the scholars in the temple, and was sent off to learn more.

He came back, and preached to the JEWS, who became Christians, and, to me, Christianity is almost like a pagan religion with it's God, Satan, Father-Son-Holy Ghost - virgin Mary, angels, demons, ect. Later his teachings spread back to Rome, and back to the Greeks.
edit on 28-5-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

No because as far as i am aware (and please feel free to correct me here ATS) the oldest surviving bible in the world is a 4th Century AD version, or, to put it another way, a book written nearly 4 centuries after the life of "Christ". How this can be seen as verification is way beyond me.

What I was referring to was the Phoenician "Byblos" the OP mentions. My idea was to see how far back their original manuscripts go. As well, comparing their Byblos to what we refer to as the bible might be quite enlightening. Especially if it can be proven to be much older than the majority of the manuscripts we take our modern bible from.

Does that make my point easier to understand?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join