It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranium ban lifted by NSW Parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
For our friends in the US this thread probably wont be worth a golden painting of the pope and tom cruise gettin it on. but to us aussies this is disturbing.

This is great news for NSW. We must look for every opportunity to join the resource boom underway in Western Australia, Queensland and South Australia," NSW Resources Minister Chris Hartcher said in a statement

6 lines down

"The community does not support uranium mining and, over the coming months, the Government will hear this loud and clear," Greens MP Jamie Parker said. "The O'Farrell Government did not take this policy to last year's election and the public will be horrified that it has overturned this important socially and environmentally responsible protection.

visit the link for the full article

ORIGINAL ARTICLE

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Pffttt, I don't really have a problem if they want to mine Uranium. I am more interested in who they might be selling it to.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

This is great news. what is the problem?

The Greens are leftist radicals intent on destroying our economy.

Why shouldnt we be selling more uranium?

We should also use the centre of Australia for dumping waste. there are nations that will pay us a fortune to allow them to dump waste here. Nobody lives out in the desert.

This is great news for us in NSW.

Edit- since when did the Greens speak for Australians? Those jerks are in for a surprise when the public punishes them at the next elections for forcing Carbon Tax. The Greens are dispicable. They have no honour. They only got so much power because the good left party,the Dems folded. All those idiots voted for the Greens. They wont be so stupid next time.

Greens

edit on 28-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Maybe they are trying to rid of it before the Chinese become their overlords?

Or maybe

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Maybe they can offer some anti-bigotry classes with the money they make from selling it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

Maybe they can offer some anti-bigotry classes with the money they make from selling it.

What is that supposed to mean?

Do you have a problem with Australians? That was a very anti-Australian comment out of nowhere.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What is that supposed to mean?

Do you have a problem with Australians? That was a very anti-Australian comment out of nowhere.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

For our friends in the US this thread probably wont be worth a golden painting of the pope and tom cruise gettin it on.

I guess bigotry is so ingrained into you and the OP that you can't even see it written plain as day. I love how a huge amount of people assume people in the U.S. only care about the most trivial things.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Germanicus

For our friends in the US this thread probably wont be worth a golden painting of the pope and tom cruise gettin it on.

I guess bigotry is so ingrained into you and the OP that you can't even see it written plain as day. I love how a huge amount of people assume people in the U.S. only care about the most trivial things.

I think the OP is aware that Americans use this site primarily. Im sure they meant no offense by warning you that you may not be interested.

The news is Australian is all they were saying Im pretty sure.

PostScript- No wonder people think Im anti-American

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Pffttt, I don't really have a problem if they want to mine Uranium. I am more interested in who they might be selling it to.

That is the real problem. It could change hands 10 times just to end up in the hands of some fool bomb maker. Sell al you want just make it is tracked and the wrong people do not end up with it.

join