It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more. I'm done.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r
Hey everyone - look at the outcome of this thread.

Step one:

OP full of woe and angst. Threatening to leave.

Step two:

Gains attention that the OP sorely desires.

Finally step three:

OP: "Hey guys!! OK I decided I'm here to stay afterall!! Thanks everyone!!"

GIMMIE A BREAK, WE ALL SEEN THIS COMING. YAWN. I'd feel embarrassed if I created a thread such as this.

OK, now I'm REALLY unsubscribing.

Or you could look at it this way.

OP has a terrible day, loses it on a thread, writes a rant about leaving.

OP wakes up in a better mood. Checks ATS and finds an outpouring of support.

OP decides to take the advice given and give ATS another try.

It's all about perception, my friend.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Dont take the bull#

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've seen people say this place went down hill...who registered in 2011
or 2010
or 2009
so when were the golden days of ATS??

Go through the history. Junk was posted even by admin/owner/mods way back when.

The crowds keep changing, but overall I think it's mostly the same place. I think what changes most is mature members perceptions of the place.

At first, ATS is open with possibilities to the noobs.

Then they reach their own understandings of the main topics, and learn that a lot of the content is garbage.

Before they have sufficiently put their internal filters on, they keep viewing rubbish.

If you keep with the site, you will likely learn to to filter out a lot of the trash talk and absurdities.

I have.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Edit.
edit on 29-5-2012 by 12out3r because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I thought the motto of ATS was to deny ignorance. Apparently we should change it to ridicule those who disagree.

So far tonight I've been called an idiot, stupid, incapable of critical thought, and worse. These types of comments are what I'd expect from different websites, but not ATS. Obviously I was wrong.

Is it really to much to ask that people respond in a polite manner?

Well, regardless. I need a break from the personal attacks. Catch you on the flip side.

Maybe.

You have to understand that allot of these mods were posters at one point in time, and allot of the posters have a bond with these former posters turned mod. Certain posters understand that they have an inside source, they say what they want ,do what they want, and they push the abuse button or pm a ‘my buddy’ mod personally to get rid of people that disagree with them.

As a poster told me a couple of days ago; this site was the best site in the world 4 years ago until they started banning people like running water, and then the new people came and destroyed the harmony ats once had. As well as mods letting there former poster buddies get away with so much as far as name calling is concerned.

I wish I had a my buddy mod on my side at least to fix my abuse button because it doesn’t work, I still see the ill mannered name calling on 3 threads that I found very disturbing, but I guess being called names is a virtue on this site and is welcomed on ats.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Did it ever occur to you to report them?
the report button doesnt work for some reason for us small fish on the ats,it just doesnt work.
I think you have to be a gold, silver ,bronze or platnum member on this site for it to work,i dont think it works for us small fish in the ocean.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Most of the 'heavy hitter' members are rude. Many mods are rude.

You cant push the abuse button on the heavy hitters,there untouchable on this site.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r
What an attention seeker. Threads like this do my head in. Absolute pointless trash that does nothing but waste server resources and memory. (I know this post is effectively doing the same thing, but who cares - the OP doesn't!) All the OP wants is people saying, "Ohh please don't go, you are such a valued member of the community....." Well I say this to you..........................

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT! GOOD RIDDANCE.

WHY you little 6 star newbie 5 post count &^%%^&*** and *&^^%%^^ and you have no right to &^%^$^&**

The ats is a family,would you say that if a family member of yours was leaving...HUH !
edit on 29-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DamusFucious

Originally posted by DamusFucious

Why announce you;re leaving smyleegirl?.... just leave quietly.

Man is the inventor of stupidity.
Remy de Gourmont

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

hi smyleegrl, i'm really sorry you feel this way, the ignorance does seem to be getting worse, but don't let the bullies get you down, they aren't worth the effort,

i've read a few of your threads over the last couple of weeks and i've enjoyed them, your obviously on a search for a lot of answers regarding the world/life and you seem to be a caring, friendly, intelligent and interesting human being.

As for the manners issue, this amazes me too, too many people just don't know what manners are, for me (and obviously you) being polite is probably the most natural thing to do, but i think there must be a ''respect'' gene missing from some people.

i bet most of the people who were rude to you would never dare speak to you like that face to face

I'll be keeping an eye out for your future threads

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Don't leave, I enjoy reading your posts and threads! Trust me I had this exact feeling yesterday and I got over it... I have been here a long time and I've seen the quality of this site go down the tubes for a while now... There are still a lot of people here that our willing to listen and not flame you for forming an opinion on something....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hey alg...

I LIKE YOU!

Glad to see you back.

It can get really frustrating sometimes and we all have out bad days.

But really, it's the same thing on every single internet discussion forum there is. There will always be idiots who will insult and berate you for daring to have a different or dissenting opinion than them. But you know what? They do that because they can't win.

For some strange reason, it seems that the biggest part of internet culture is that these forums are actually a form of combat, a competition to be won, and they'll use any dirty trick they can use to shut you down. I really don't understand why. It really doesn't have to be that way.

For me a discussion is supposed to be about learning and exchanging information, and not reinforcing beliefs any way possible. Me, I like to learn about things, and to find things out for myself. And no matter what, I damn the torpedoes and keep on going through the dawn.

There are some people who just can't learn anything other than what they're emotionally involved in. Sad to say.

Don't let them.

You are who you are. Don't let them tell you any different.

Now for some cliches.

Just imagine me dressed up as Patton mixed with BRAVE HEART! Imagine BRAVE HEART"S face paint on Patton's face!

You have nothing to fear but fear itself!

When one sock is on the other foot, PUT ON ANOTHER SOCK OF A DIFFERENT COLOR!

NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU BLINK!

We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.

Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.

Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate

And furthermore let's not ever forget that age old maxim....

SMILE! YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!

Now let's do the hippy hippy shake.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Can I imagine you as an LOLCat instead? I really like those

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join