It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more. I'm done.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Nope not insulting, Advising, but again to thin skinned to see it that way.

My father taught me to stand up For myself because if I couldn't how could I expect someone else to do it for me.

Are you so insecure that people on the internet can hurt you?

I am not trying to be rude, again just an example of being too sensitive.

These people on these forum are for the most part good people, but you have the people that Anonimity gives them free Rein to be a D-bag.

You need to know they exisit and you need to be able to know WHO YOU ARE is more than WHAT THEY SAY.

You have your own worth that goes far beyond what anyone on the "internet" tells you, but again your response to my post shows the attitude you hold.

All I am suggesting is BE SECURE in who you are so that others can't "hurt" you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you read this, smyleegirl, just ignore the negative comments ( Unless of course they are written politely, and with some justification. )

I soon learned that you need to develop a thick skin, and remain polite at all times, that way you make rude people look ever so silly...Don,t stoop to their level !

I suspect some members come on here with no intention other than using ignorance to batter posters, and lack any serious thinking skills.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree it can be tiresome, best advice is already given. Mark your man and completely ignore them after a first encounter, these people always come in with cronies, and they are not interested in any 'truth' they only want to destroy what could be a decent thread, half of 'em are probably talking to themselves as well.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Nope not insulting, Advising, but again to thin skinned to see it that way.

My father taught me to stand up For myself because if I couldn't how could I expect someone else to do it for me.

Are you so insecure that people on the internet can hurt you?

I am not trying to be rude, again just an example of being too sensitive.

These people on these forum are for the most part good people, but you have the people that Anonimity gives them free Rein to be a D-bag.

You need to know they exisit and you need to be able to know WHO YOU ARE is more than WHAT THEY SAY.

You have your own worth that goes far beyond what anyone on the "internet" tells you, but again your response to my post shows the attitude you hold.

All I am suggesting is BE SECURE in who you are so that others can't "hurt" you.

Then I apologize for my reply and thank you for the advice.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that you came back to join us.

Trolls and other abusive folks are getting to be far to common on this site. Being thick skinned is great, but sadly not ever one is, and it is not something you learn to be, either you are or your are not. I personally have been called many things on ATS from a troll, to a pile of human solid waste (cleaned up for good reason
) and that was just in the last week or so. What kills me is that some people can continue to get away with such actions while others get targeted for the slightest transgression.

We as a populace here at ATS need to start policing our own, it is of the utmost importance. If we allow this site to back slide it to snickering and name calling for the enjoyment of a few the whole site will be lost to it. We need to send a clear message to these people Ats is a site where people come to learn and talk about alternative topics without the fear of ridicule and it needs to stay that way.

If you are not able to have a conversation on a topic and have it be civil we dont need you here, how can your opinion or "facts" be trusted if anytime some one disagrees with you, you turn into a preschooler?

It is time for we the member of ATS to stand up for ourselves, our friends, our enemies, and all the other people that frequent the boards before it is to late.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I put it out there and say what I feel. I try to do it in a intellegent and considerate way, I would like others to reciprocate.
That does not always happen. As in the other parts of our lives. I have had some back and forth with those who offended me or who's opinion and/or attitude I did not agree with.
I have recieved some apologies, in the form of reconciliation and admited changes in perspective.
But, more importantly, I feel, I have given apologies, expressed changes in my attitudes and reconciled with others here.
This forum is my favorite on-line place to share, learn and expand my perspectives. I take away the good stuff and ignore the insults and slights. I've learned that the better I try to understand another person's take on things ( where they are coming from) the less "insult" or "rudeness" I recieve (or percieve maybe?).
Or maybe I'm just dense!?!?

Peace to all of you out in ATSland

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I fear for you if you can't cope with a little bit of Internet banter.
I for one think it's to strict here at ATS.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

dont let them people get to you everybody has there right to exspres them selves,
i cant spell right becouse im dyslexic and peaple give me s**t for it.....so what!
i am a creative person and i do ok for myself and my baby boy, im sure your a good person too
i am from the uk and this site has people from all over the world, some know more than others on subjects but we must all remember eny input to this site based on good intent on eny subject, mentely stimulating or not! should be taken on bored, allso better to do so than not at all.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Exactly! i come on here to check things out. Im not one of these super knowledgable people that knows everything and when i have asked certain questions i am either called lazy for not doing the research myself. I also see all the bashing on here so i limit myself to usually ATS chat now. I like talking to certain people that have fair amount of knowledge of lots of things that i didn't even know about in the first place.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What an attention seeker. Threads like this do my head in. Absolute pointless trash that does nothing but waste server resources and memory. (I know this post is effectively doing the same thing, but who cares - the OP doesn't!) All the OP wants is people saying, "Ohh please don't go, you are such a valued member of the community....." Well I say this to you..........................

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT! GOOD RIDDANCE.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately, people are most likely to be rude,

when conversing on the internet,

or when driving in cars on the road.

Both activities, have an element of being anonymous.

People think that they can hurt others, if the other people don't know who they are.

Really sad situation.

Anonymity empowers otherwise helpless creatures to attack, berate, ridicule and offend other people.

Don't let it get you down though, rise above it, and realize that the attackers wouldn't dare say that to your face, because they are cowards.

And cowards die a thousand times before their death.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 12out3r

Have to say I agree with this guy,he does have valid points.

While I personally have no problem with the op,I actually do enjoy her posts sometimes.So as others have said you just have to have thick skin.It's the interent you can't let what others say get to you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Point me to the northern star.

Many assume ATS means abovetopsecret, but you might want to look at ats from another perspective, say....american troll society...yes we number several thousand and can do wonders when asked. So next time your being bounced about, a simple u2u my way and you will have your very own cyber army ready willing and able to combat such keyboard warriors.

" We love the sight of napalm on the web "

P.S. Obviously the most effective method is simply alerting the staff here and allow them to bounce what needs to be bounced around the walls.

Peace.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All these personal attacks and trolling stem from the core of people's belief systems; strip all the labels and other attributes and we're human beings. It's time for members such as ourselves to promote positive conversation, because the last thing we need is debate and separation to prevent us from utilizing knowledge for good intentions.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r
What an attention seeker. Threads like this do my head in. Absolute pointless trash that does nothing but waste server resources and memory. (I know this post is effectively doing the same thing, but who cares - the OP doesn't!) All the OP wants is people saying, "Ohh please don't go, you are such a valued member of the community....." Well I say this to you..........................

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT! GOOD RIDDANCE.

Thank you so much for proving my point.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I thought the motto of ATS was to deny ignorance. Apparently we should change it to ridicule those who disagree.

So far tonight I've been called an idiot, stupid, incapable of critical thought, and worse. These types of comments are what I'd expect from different websites, but not ATS. Obviously I was wrong.

Is it really to much to ask that people respond in a polite manner?

Well, regardless. I need a break from the personal attacks. Catch you on the flip side.

Maybe.

NOOOOOOOOOO you're one of the voices of sanity here!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You're welcome OP.

Next time you feel the urge to wallow in your own pity, why not take it to yahoo answers, or do a simple google search "way's to lift your mood", or "funny jokes".

There. Are you happy now that I've offered the most important person on ATS some sound advice?

ssshhhheeeesssshhh.. OK how to unsubscribe from a thread? I'm new.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And lo! Here I be!

After a good night's sleep, I logged on to ATS and was flabbergasted by the wonderful remarks you made.

You are right. I've got to grow a thicker skin and learn to ignore the rudeness. Tough challenge, but I will do it.

And I'll do it with a smile on my face.

Hugs to you all...

GOOD!!!
I do understand where you're coming from. You're a teacher, it's part of your innermost being. You want to help with understanding, compassion and comprehension. When they are total a-holes, it undermines the help you are trying to give.
For me, I get "angry" with them and sometimes fight fire with fire and probably shouldn't do that. For you, you have stayed positive, patient and kind. I admire you a great deal and recognize the good that you do in the world.
Thank you for being "you".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You're welcome OP.

Next time you feel the urge to wallow in your own pity, why not take it to yahoo answers, or do a simple google search "way's to lift your mood", or "funny jokes".

There. Are you happy now that I've offered the most important person on ATS some sound advice?

I was going to respond, but since I prefer not to resort to name-calling and insults, I'll just have to say one word.

Meh.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You're welcome OP.

I was going to respond, but since I prefer not to resort to name-calling and insults, I'll just have to say one word.

Meh.

Good reply!!
I'm terrible about "reflecting" what I respond to. If it's someone with intelligence and compassion, like you, I can make great responses and have wonderful conversations. If it's someone being a nasty troll, I respond back more attackfully (is that a word?). I'm working on that and trying to be more patient and you are one of the people I look to for reminders on how to do that.
That's one of the "social problems" I have due to my temper and dealing with obnoxious people for many years. I fight fire with fire but really need to use a water hose more often.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join