It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more. I'm done.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Really though, help us help you guys.

I understand it's an election year, and there is a lot of poo flinging, but we aren't here all the time, we dont' see everything.

PLEASE alert the posts, we appreciate the help and it will help you in the end by putting troublemakers on our radar.

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm so sorry to hear that.

You are one of the most helpful, rational members on this site, and I have enjoyed your threads, and been inspired by your posts.

I will miss you..

Please try not to let the rudeness chase you away.

We need you here !
edit on 28-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I hope you stick around. I enjoy your posts and all around positive attitude. You have given me kind words when they were much needed. Don't let people on here get to you because that is their true victory. Sometimes I have to take a reak from here though as we all do so take some time and come back smiling.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is the nature of the beast we call the interweb.
You will be offended.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You're not even gonna try to live up to the image your avatar projects??? Bye.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

You're not even gonna try to live up to the image your avatar projects??? Bye.

premade identities; people automatically identify with them but then drop them when it doesn't work out.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Really though, help us help you guys.

I understand it's an election year, and there is a lot of poo flinging, but we aren't here all the time, we dont' see everything.

PLEASE alert the posts, we appreciate the help and it will help you in the end by putting troublemakers on our radar.

~Tenth

I read the thread she was talking about. I know that guy myself. Sometimes insults and rude behaviour are outside violations. I know there is manners and decorum but I have alerted something in the past that you guys ignored. So I try not to bother now because I assume most mods dont like me because I have unpopular opinions.

That isnt the case with smileygirl but the thing is,ATS has an arrogant rude culture. The motto is arrogant. Most of the 'heavy hitter' members are rude. Many mods are rude. Its a rude place. I think most members see that and try to fit in.

Anyway.

smileygirl,you cannot measure the worth of a good Teacher. I can tell you are one. Dont let that guy get to you.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just ignore their ignorance. Some people who post think they have the answers to everything. They have a hard time thinking outside the box. Sometimes I think it's just deep seeded fear to think that something out the ordinary can be possible. They feel more secure in believing in official stories handed out by world governments.

Everyone has a right to question and challenge the way we think. If nobody ever challenged that, new inventions and government criminal activity would never be brought to light. It's OK to be a skeptic, but at the same time do so with respect with another persons opinion.

Some of these posters sooner or later will be eating crow. The universe and mysteries on this earth are just to great to believe we have all the answers.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The problem is, even though you can alert, and the mods can remove the post, it's still posted. She read it, the damage was done whether you remove it or not. I understand her frustration with people like that but sadly no one, not even the mods, can control it. It will still happen and we will still be insulted.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And lo! Here I be!

After a good night's sleep, I logged on to ATS and was flabbergasted by the wonderful remarks you made.

You are right. I've got to grow a thicker skin and learn to ignore the rudeness. Tough challenge, but I will do it.

And I'll do it with a smile on my face.

Hugs to you all...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

We're all glad you stayed

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
And lo! Here I be!

After a good night's sleep, I logged on to ATS and was flabbergasted by the wonderful remarks you made.

You are right. I've got to grow a thicker skin and learn to ignore the rudeness. Tough challenge, but I will do it.

And I'll do it with a smile on my face.

Hugs to you all...

I'm so glad you had a good sleep to reconsider. I'd miss reading your insightful, and informative postings. I've really enjoyed your input SG. I'm not posting much these days, but do try to read threads that interest me when time permits. You are one of the posters that make it worthwhile reading on ATS.

So happy I'll still be able to keep that magical internet contact with you here. I would truly miss you should you leave.

Bright Blessings SG....

Des

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The phrase "Deny Ignorance" can have two meanings.

The first is what ATS would like to believe, and that is that the members are trying to get past ignorance in search of the truth.

The second is that ATS members are denying their own ignorance. Given the many crackpot conspiracy theories thrown around here with large followings, it doesn't take long to see this.

You have to wade through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, even here.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Don't let them get you down. You did the right and mature thing. Just walk away and come back when you cool down. That's about all you can do in here.
Hey have a great day ok?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well sorry to say it, Ill add to the list.

You are thinned skinned...

and you let people on the Internet upset you...

So Id add weak willed to it on top of that.

This is an internet forum filled with the fringe element of society, be prepared to be trolled here, and Ignore the opinion of the idiots.

Honestly, the PC nany state raised people who can't stand up to Bully's are just as much a Problem here as the Bullys themselves.

No one on an Internet forum has any power to "upset" me, I know who I am and what I am worth, no one sitting behind a computer can tell me otherwise...

or you could always cry to the mods, or your teachers, or your mommies and daddies...
edit on 28-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yay! Glad you're back, Smylee!

Sometimes the in-fighting and insults get to be too much. I took a hiatus of about two weeks, got some stuff done around the house, and realized that the internet is full of trolls, creeps, people who get off on writing cruel things, and just generally cranky people whose lives suck.

In the end, they add nothing. It is frustrating to see all the dimwits who give them a bunch of stars because they were snippy and mean, but there are three ways of dealing with it: One is to walk away and not be a part of it, one is to keep on plugging and ignore their stupidity, and the last is to stay and fight, exposing them for who they are.

After some thought, I decided to pare back on my posting, but when I do, I make a special effort to nail these fools and expose them. But that's just me, I'm ornery and mule-headed when I get mad.

I realized that if everybody who was considerate and nice in their posts left, ATS would become a high school level forum, and it is meant to be so much more. So I'm glad you're back.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

YAY!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Good morning smyleegrl, may the sun kiss your face and the wind stir your soul today! As a teacher you know with every group there are some that speak before thinking and some with nasty attitudes, but I bet the number of positive people and posts outweigh the negative here. Think of this as an exercise in patience, and move on from it. There are plenty of folks here that enjoy your posts, attitude and perspective. Ya know school's about out and the board will be flooded with immaturity in one form or another, seems to come with the territory, especially during summer. Tis part of life both abroad and here at ATS I guess. Sometimes just a short break of a week or so does some good.

Keep your head up and may your forbearance be strong.

Peace,
spec
edit on 28-5-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: addapic

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Evansr

If you disagree with this, never answer in the same manner as they do.
It's not that hard, keep it polite and ignore if necessary and they'll eventually get bored and give up

There are many here that feel the same, and by not giving in to personal attacks you don't run the risk of turning a thread into a soap opera.

I could not have said that better myself.

Some members come here to discuss and learn.
Some come for entertainment or to pass the time.
Some come for the friendship.
Some come for attention and drama.

edit on Mon May 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Well sorry to say it, Ill add to the list.

You are thinned skinned...

and you let people on the Internet upset you...

So Id add weak willed to it on top of that.

This is an internet forum filled with the fringe element of society, be prepared to be trolled here, and Ignore the opinion of the idiots.

Honestly, the PC nany state raised people who can't stand up to Bully's are just as much a Problem here as the Bullys themselves.

No one on an Internet forum has any power to "upset" me, I know who I am and what I am worth, no one sitting behind a computer can tell me otherwise...

or you could always cry to the mods, or your teachers, or your mommies and daddies...
edit on 28-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

This post is a prime example of juvenile thinking. Written with the intention of insulting me. Call me names, then fortify your own ego by stating you'd never let anyone upset you.

Well, have at it. Insult away. Just realize your true character shines through...and everyone can see that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join