It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more. I'm done.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I thought the motto of ATS was to deny ignorance. Apparently we should change it to ridicule those who disagree.

So far tonight I've been called an idiot, stupid, incapable of critical thought, and worse. These types of comments are what I'd expect from different websites, but not ATS. Obviously I was wrong.

Is it really to much to ask that people respond in a polite manner?

Well, regardless. I need a break from the personal attacks. Catch you on the flip side.

Maybe.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Don't you know?

Replying in a rude manner, or with a witty remark, or trying their best to ridicule you and show their "superior" knowledge is the best way to get stars. That's right. Sad but true.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This place has turned into a real sh*t show. No longer a place for knowledge.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
well the internet in itself is a place in which the dynamics or rules of face to face talking don't apply. so in the walls of my own conscience i try not to treat arguments or debates in the conventional, internet manner. when someone insults me i would rather imply that they cannot provide information pertinent to the subject by stating perspective based on fact. sun tzu says "attack where your opponent is weak, avoid where he is strong." if he attacks your intellect, morality, ability, then you could point out the holes in his concept. sun tzu also says "avoid prolonged engagements" if they are too stubborn in their trolling efforts then go back to page one or two and reply on the subject, then abort. these internet trolls want to fight with them selves so let them. don't exhaust your efforts. i hope you enjoy your rest and relaxation.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

knowledge can come through the shartyness just as mozzarella through a fine cheese grater

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If you disagree with this, never answer in the same manner as they do.
It's not that hard, keep it polite and ignore if necessary and they'll eventually get bored and give up

There are many here that feel the same, and by not giving in to personal attacks you don't run the risk of turning a thread into a soap opera.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Evansr

i agree with you there. to talk for the sake of talking is recreational. i would rather see unification through universal knowledge

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Makes me so sad to see this, without the good people of ATS, it will only become that much darker. It is the GOOD and loving people that make ATS worth coming to. To all those on ATS that HATE, don't you see what you are doing to YOURSELVES? One life touches many...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Exactly, if only we could get past our tiny differences, and put our heads together there'd be no stopping us.
But, alas, cases like the OP's are not hard to find, it seems that we prefer to insult and ridicule each other rather than making it work .

Peace

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ha, sounds like my job.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you to report them?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

I love that saying because it's true. Why let words get to you?! If you do they win. I wouldn't worry too much about what someone says online, guaranteed most wouldn't say it to your face so they hide behind a keyboard.

I use to get annoyed by comments on here as well then I realized how silly it was to get upset over it. There are people from all walks of life on this site and yes some are complete idiots you just have to ignore them.

*hugs*
Mblah

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Don't let them get to you. The only thing idiots need to win is for smart people like you to be quiet.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Live by your screen name.

And ... never let the turkeys get you down!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What!?

Did someone hurt someone's feeling on internet? calls the internet cops!

OP, you do realize that "person" might be a 12 yr old kid right?

Go by like i do, if a person calls out names like "you fool" "you idiot" "are you retarded" just assume those are just know it all kids and just ignore them.

IMO, i laugh when someone calls out names, its like they get mad over a debate lol.... its just seems funny.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

just assume those are just know it all kids and just ignore them.

..Or, instead, alert them and we'll deal with it.

Personal attacks aren't allowed here and if we catch them, or are made aware of them via alerts (as we can't see everything remember), we'll get rid of them when we can.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Rising Against because: Missed a whole word...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It is tempting to call some members idiots when you consider some of the content on ATS, but there is no real need to be offensive, no matter how much someone annoys you. It's always better to rise above and don't get dragged down to their level. "Never get into a fight with a chimney sweep, both of you will come out of it looking dirty"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm sorry that happened. I'd suggest that, if you do come back, you alert on each and every post, the mods can't do it all themselves, they need us to flag the stuff, like you mentioned, so the user can be punished/banned.

If everyone who has a similar experience just leaves, not only do "they" win, they stay because no one reported them.

Anyways, don't let it get you down, people act like that here because they lead pathetic uneventful lives.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yep... I feel you on that one smiley gurl. Just keep smiling and enjoy your break.

Hope to see you back here soon.

~Dusty

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Pfffttt....
Don't let them win!

Stand tall and true in what you believe!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join