It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UK: NHS removes word 'Dad' from pregnancy handbook in case it offends same sex couples

page: 3
8
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Can't have a baby without a dad, though. Someone's got to be the father figure, regardless of sexual orientation.

Same sex couples raise their kids straight too, just like other people from what I've gathered from my friends and my kid's friends.

This political pleasing is kinda garbage and a hug and a pat on the back too late imo.




posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is a very small percentage in the world population that considers themselves Gay or Bisexual or Transgender or whatever the new fad is these days.

That very small percentage of people seem to think we need to conform to their twisted view on right and wrong. When I say twisted view, that is my opinion and I firmly believe this to be a twisted view on the definition of parents and what the new age definition is. I find it offensive really....

We are not a gender neutral society and no amount of experimenting with social norms will change that.To me it's a mental imbalance when you can't handle the fact that someone might be called Dad. Seeing how the Gay community as a whole is not up in arms about this change, I think (IMO) they are all a bunch of over sensitive mental basket cases...



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would love to know how the SNP managed to remove the word Dad/Father in the first place. I mean some of the politicians must have been normal fathers themselves! The only way i can see the SNP being able to change this is if the people responsible for the creation and publication of the public health leaflets were all lesbians/gays/same sex couples, this cant possibly be the case, and if it is then questions should be asked eh?

There is no way in hell that one gay/bisexual person complained and they spent £90,000 on printing new leaflets because of one person. Ile tell you this if they did then they should name and shame said individual because quite a few Scottish fathers would want a quiet word with him/her/it, myself included.
edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by andy06shake
 



Im just saying that its wrong, but people shouldnt be placing the blame wholly on gay/bisexual people, one person does not speak for the rest of those who happen to share the same sexual orientation



One person from the Gay community got the word removed. That person carried a lot of weight to get that decision made. Do you think we are that stupid to think just one person got it removed? The whole movement is suspect when stuff like this happens.

Your self-righteous indignation that we are even discussing this from the point of view that the Gay community is to blame for the word removal is laughable at best. The Gay community is not creating a firestorm to put the word back... I would say that the silence we hear from the Gay community on this issue makes the agenda clear.

You calling people names doesn't make the agenda any more hidden than you want it to be. It is out in the open and the message is clear.
edit on 29-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: typo



You're telling me there is a Gay Agenda now?

Hahahaha! The big conspiracy that someone wants to # a rainbow and make everyone else dance around it?

One person complained, one person does not speak for the majority, therefore, take up your anger with that ONE PERSON and dont be stupid enough to take issue with the entire gay community that probably don't give a damn whether the word "dad" is used or not.



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


I simply saying that this kind of PC garbage is abominable! As for a gay agenda, i could not care less where people stick it, as long as they dont try and spoon feed it to my children as acceptable/preferable. I have friends and relatives that are gay so your preaching to the quire. Fathers should have the same rights as Mothers anything else is sexist and demoralising to men.
edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
There is no way in hell that one gay/bisexual person complained and they spent £90,000 on printing new leaflets because of one person.


Indeed, i agree, would like to see the actual complaint! I dont think there removing the word on behalf of the gay community, there must be another agenda at hand here, maybe there trying to piss off alot of people and distract them from other crap thats going on? Lets not forget there source of this article, the daily mail isnt exactly accurate journalism is it? They love mixing things up to sell a paper.



Ile tell you this if they did then they should name and shame said individual because quite a few Scottish fathers would want a quiet word with him/her/it, myself included.


Aye would love to see this single complaint but really now, this phantom complainer is just one person and doesn't speak for the gay community as a whole. Like extreme muslims, they dont speak for Islamic community as a whole.



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


I simply saying that this kind of PC garbage is abominable! As for a gay agenda, i could not care less where people stick it, as long as they dont try and spoon feed it to my children as acceptable/preferable. I have friends and relatives that are gay so your preaching to the quire. Fathers should have the same rights as Mothers anything else is sexist and demoralising to men.
edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



Couldnt help but feel like you are suggesting that homosexual behaviour isnt acceptable? Can you elaborate?


Sexist and demoralising to men? Yup, it certainly is



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


"Couldnt help but feel like you are suggesting that homosexual behaviour isnt acceptable? Can you elaborate?"

Well im a straight father in a conventional relationship if there is such a thing these days, so in a lot of ways i dont find homosexual behaviour acceptable. But im not the acceptable police. People are what they are, whether or not i condone homosexual behavior is neither here nor there. Love is blind eh?

BUT PLEASE POLITICIANS LEAVE OUR LEAFLETS ALONE!


edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


"Couldnt help but feel like you are suggesting that homosexual behaviour isnt acceptable? Can you elaborate?"

Well im a straight father in a conventional relationship if there is such a thing these days, so in a lot of ways i dont find homosexual behaviour acceptable. But im not the acceptable police. People are what they are, whether or not i condone homosexual behavior is neither here nor there. Love is blind eh?

BUT PLEASE POLITICIANS LEAVE OUR LEAFLETS ALONE!


edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)


Lol, bloody politics!



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The real question i feel we should be asking is who put Mr Garisson in charge of the SNPs Gay and Bisexual equal rights department??? WTF



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
You're telling me there is a Gay Agenda now?



I'm not sure why mere mention of that phrase has to immediately cause such derision in response. Most people usually have some type of plan in mind, before they do something. That's all the word agenda means.



posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by andy06shake
 



Im just saying that its wrong, but people shouldnt be placing the blame wholly on gay/bisexual people, one person does not speak for the rest of those who happen to share the same sexual orientation



One person from the Gay community got the word removed. That person carried a lot of weight to get that decision made. Do you think we are that stupid to think just one person got it removed? The whole movement is suspect when stuff like this happens.

Your self-righteous indignation that we are even discussing this from the point of view that the Gay community is to blame for the word removal is laughable at best. The Gay community is not creating a firestorm to put the word back... I would say that the silence we hear from the Gay community on this issue makes the agenda clear.

You calling people names doesn't make the agenda any more hidden than you want it to be. It is out in the open and the message is clear.
edit on 29-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: typo



You're telling me there is a Gay Agenda now?

Hahahaha! The big conspiracy that someone wants to # a rainbow and make everyone else dance around it?

One person complained, one person does not speak for the majority, therefore, take up your anger with that ONE PERSON and dont be stupid enough to take issue with the entire gay community that probably don't give a damn whether the word "dad" is used or not.



They listed it as one person complaining... That one person no doubt is part of and or represents a larger group of people in the LGBT community trying to push their LGBT Agenda. It's like Global Warming though... The crazier those in the LGBT get, the more marginalized they will become.

IMO, removing "Dad" as a parental reference just proves to everyone else that the LGBT is one kooky, overly sensitive group of mental basket cases. The LGBT is becoming more and more like a religious cult everyday..



posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by TruckDriver69

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
reply to post by andy06shake
 



Im just saying that its wrong, but people shouldnt be placing the blame wholly on gay/bisexual people, one person does not speak for the rest of those who happen to share the same sexual orientation



One person from the Gay community got the word removed. That person carried a lot of weight to get that decision made. Do you think we are that stupid to think just one person got it removed? The whole movement is suspect when stuff like this happens.

Your self-righteous indignation that we are even discussing this from the point of view that the Gay community is to blame for the word removal is laughable at best. The Gay community is not creating a firestorm to put the word back... I would say that the silence we hear from the Gay community on this issue makes the agenda clear.

You calling people names doesn't make the agenda any more hidden than you want it to be. It is out in the open and the message is clear.
edit on 29-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: typo



You're telling me there is a Gay Agenda now?

Hahahaha! The big conspiracy that someone wants to # a rainbow and make everyone else dance around it?

One person complained, one person does not speak for the majority, therefore, take up your anger with that ONE PERSON and dont be stupid enough to take issue with the entire gay community that probably don't give a damn whether the word "dad" is used or not.



They listed it as one person complaining... That one person no doubt is part of and or represents a larger group of people in the LGBT community trying to push their LGBT Agenda. It's like Global Warming though... The crazier those in the LGBT get, the more marginalized they will become.

IMO, removing "Dad" as a parental reference just proves to everyone else that the LGBT is one kooky, overly sensitive group of mental basket cases. The LGBT is becoming more and more like a religious cult everyday..



.....*sigh*
/Facepalm.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join