It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie decomposition and death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I wonder if the naked guy in Florida is a zombie, or thinks he's a zombie.

Wasnt he on PCP? Probably did think he was a zombie!

Oh no, its Big Lurch im thinking of. Rapper who ate his girlfriend while binging on PCP. Messed up i tells ya.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen Read more: 5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

People say zombies are "impossible" but as the population increases mother nature most likely has built in a varity of "population control" measures.

Including; War,disease which a zombie would fall under there have been a variety of new viruses been found so it stands to reason a "Zombie" is possible, but as some say,improbable.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
My questions to anyone able to answer it is if there were a virus able to animate a dead body without having to control any abdominal organs leaving the flesh and muscle to rot, how long would it be until the zombie started losing limbs, or it turned into a skeleton altogether? Or if it's a rabies like disease, how long can it possibly last before it kills the animal or person or turn it into something that doesn't realize danger to the point of say maybe killing itself or rendering it too stupid to fight anymore?

If their ever are zombies it won't be animated dead bodies for precisely the reasons you mention. No virus can animate dead muscle and brain especially once rigamortis has set in It will be live people whose higher brain functions have ceased and all that is left is the reptilian brain.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I really don't know but this scares me

zombie in Miami?

What are your thoughts on this?
edit on 28-5-2012 by IslandGirl because: format and spacing

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by amongus

Frankly as far as validity zombies rank up there with aliens (actually finding and traversing to earth) on the probability scale to me...

edit on 28-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

See, I knew someone would throw the alien thing out there because of my avatar.

And your theory is just ignorant.?.zombies are make believe. You can't animate a being without a soul.

This debate deserves its own thread.

edit on 28-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

They already found a "zombie" fungus that is capable of taking over it's host. It was in a species of ant, it was able to take over their brain. Zombie fungus in ants

Imagine that being able to switch over to humans? But alas, zombies aren't real...much like the aliens.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IslandGirl
I really don't know but this scares me

zombie in Miami?

What are your thoughts on this?
edit on 28-5-2012 by IslandGirl because: format and spacing

Zombie? No, Druggie? Yes.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well he got 4 shots put in him so he's not a drug addict or a zombie anymore whatever he was

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I thought about this before. Just how long would a zombie be dangerous?

If you consider how quick normal decomp affects the eyes they'd be blind in about 12 hrs from clouding of vitreous humour, then deaf after the eardrums perforate after a couple of days. Sense of smell would go about the same time as the ears, as the moist rotting nasal membranes wouldn't function long.

Depending on ambient temp and humidity they'd start literally falling apart after a two days to ten days.

Watch the series Death Valley. Their zombies are only dangerous for the first few hours, like attack dogs. After that they are just gross and useless.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly virus's and bacteria can evolve just like humans, and they've both been around longer than all of us, nothing makes a virus an impossibility it's just a matter of time, people traveling, and the right mutations. Without mutations we wouldn't have the conscious mind we have today, we would be animals.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Heresy

But if zombies could get past these senses somehow we'd be in for a hell of a treat

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by davidtheriault

Are you talking Romero zombies or "28 days Later" zombies.

There is a difference.

i say this everytime theres a question about zombies.

Originally posted by petrus4
Zombies aren't real.

zombies that are portrayed in the movies done exist but if you did a simple google search youd find that there are many virus' , parasites... ect that can cause a zombie ish state in animals, mostly insects.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What about radiation zombies, I know it sounds crazy but what if certain changes in a persons DNA could switch on a zombie gene we didn't know about like in Night of the living dead, I think they said that's how it happened in the movie.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
the george a romero zombies could never happen, a simple biolagy lesson shows us that.
a virus related zombie is actually quite likely, all it takes is for a zombie virus/ parasite like that seen in insects to make the jump to humans.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
You're really worried about zombies? With everything else going on in e world, you choose zombies?

Why?

Give me a break. Zombies aren't real.

you really don't know what's going on do you...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Dude you have a computer how is that just surviving, survival isn't real in today's society.

Some people could probably make the argument, that staying informed is a fairly important part of surviving.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

My questions to anyone able to answer it is if there were a virus able to animate a dead body without having to control any abdominal organs leaving the flesh and muscle to rot, how long would it be until the zombie started losing limbs, or it turned into a skeleton altogether? Or if it's a rabies like disease, how long can it possibly last before it kills the animal or person or turn it into something that doesn't realize danger to the point of say maybe killing itself or rendering it too stupid to fight anymore?

If their ever are zombies it won't be animated dead bodies for precisely the reasons you mention. No virus can animate dead muscle and brain especially once rigamortis has set in It will be live people whose higher brain functions have ceased and all that is left is the reptilian brain.

What about a virus thats man made such as a Nanovirus. A technological virus that repairs the dead tissues constantly and has the "desire" to spread itself as well as feed to supports its own "life" Could such a thing ever be possible? Mayby they could weaponize such a thing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In order for a corpse to animate, it would absolutely need major organs. The muscles need oxygen in order to work. The heart pumps blood which carries oxygen-rich cells to the muscles and carries away waste produced by working muscles. this means the respiratory organs would also need to work. The liver would need to work. All major organs would be necessary, therefore a typical zombie would most likely not look all decomposed and stuff. It would probably look mostly healthy aside from some blood on his clothes.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

That's a good point to a certain degree but have you ever heard of native Americans getting their laptop to go on mapquest.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Okay think about this out of the millions of mutations that could possibly be made to a humans genes then what if just one is a "zombie gene" that makes an affected mother give birth to a flesh eating child, maybe even try to harm the mother in the process.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 28-5-2012 by zysin5 because: doublepost.sry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join