It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie decomposition and death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
reply to post by amongus

Dude it's the #ing Internet your not doing anything usefull with your time here so why not have fun?

Abortion.....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

And where does your soul idea fit in with aliens sir?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

And where does your soul idea fit in with aliens sir?

Never said it did.

Once again, stop putting words in my mouth
edit on 28-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm going to do myself a favor and leave you to your imaginary "situation".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

But humans have souls right? Thats how you explained away zombies. What souls do aliens have?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

But humans have souls right? Thats how you explained away zombies. What souls do aliens have?

I don't know what aliens have or don't have. Did I bring up aliens? Nope....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I just gave an opinion that zombie talk is absolutely ridiculous. There needs to be a designated forum for it.

Never brought up aliens....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Your picture is one. You haven't seen an alien up close. You haven't seen a zombie up close. You wouldn't want to see either they're both horrifying. Tell me you can look at an alien being without most likely crapping your pants.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

. My bad, yeah that's pretty stupid

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Your picture is one. You haven't seen an alien up close. You haven't seen a zombie up close. You wouldn't want to see either they're both horrifying. Tell me you can look at an alien being without most likely crapping your pants.

Boy pal, you sure make a lot of assumptions about people don't you?

Because my avatar is an alien, that means that I haven't seen an alien up close?

Sorry you live a life of falsely pegging people.....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

. My bad, yeah that's pretty stupid

Yep....I'll leave you to your thread.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

no one would want to look at that ever again believe me about that

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Wow derailing much?

But like others have said it depends on the zombie. Shambling zombies seem to decompose, while rage zombies seem to stay intact.

PS: I thought your thread was cool. Don't let others tell you otherwise.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Please, ATS owners make a zombie section to save us all from these people who dwell on the impossible.

Seriously...zombies? Zombies? Might as well be in the short stories forum.

You are being very short-sighted.

One of my favorite sites is zombiehunters.org. It is very prudent to prepare for zombie apocalypse, train, buy supplies, get together with your buddies, discuss it openly....... you know, all the things you can't do about a true revolution or militia, but they fly under the radar as zombie talk. Even the CDC, Red Cross, and government agencies are in on the gag these days. You can talk about a lot of specifics in regards to survivalist and combat training for "zombies."

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidtheriault

Just realized I fell victim to the derail.

More to the topic at hand. If the Zombie were literally a "living dead" then I don't think it would be any good for more than a few days. It might still be "animated" for a month, but connecting tissue would rip and tear any time it tried to twist or turn. In fact, just remaining upright and balanced takes a LOT of muscle tone and constant corrections, so I highly doubt a zombie could stand up or walk for more than a couple of days.

Now, if this is a viral thing that keeps the flesh living but turns the brain into a flesh-hungry ravenous beast like the movie "I Am Legend," then the body would probably be stronger than ever and last for decades! Think of other eating machines like alligators and sharks,,,,, they are extremely durable and resistant to disease or injury. If something re-programmed a human body to strictly be an aggressive predator at all times, then it would be far more dangerous than a regular human and last longer in harsh conditions.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm a bit of A sceptic where zombies are concerned, BUT with some of the crazy sh*t that goverment labs produce I.E mutated forms of flu, antibiotic resistant viruses how do we know that they haven't produced something along the line of a zombie type virus

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A classic zombie would be done within a month.

A "rage" zombie could last for years, theorhetically.

Just my humble. . . . . .

I disagree.

In the "infected" scenerios, a la 28 Days Later, they are actually alive, just under the influence of a weaponized form of rabies. They actually starve to death roughly 5 weeks after being infected if they do not eat.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

My questions to anyone able to answer it is if there were a virus able to animate a dead body without having to control any abdominal organs leaving the flesh and muscle to rot, how long would it be until the zombie started losing limbs, or it turned into a skeleton altogether? Or if it's a rabies like disease, how long can it possibly last before it kills the animal or person or turn it into something that doesn't realize danger to the point of say maybe killing itself or rendering it too stupid to fight anymore?

well....

depending on how the virus/bacteria/parasite/ or lets just say "thing that doesn't belong there" is,

anything is pretty much possible.

if the virus is so overpowering and aggressive that it kills other bacteria and pretty much sterilizes the infected persons body, tissue breakdown and decay would be slowed down significantly.

i watch too many movies lol.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wonder if the naked guy in Florida is a zombie, or thinks he's a zombie.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My 2c:
Walking Dead Zombies - don't worry about them. They'd fall over after an hour and never move again. They would need to have a working circulatory system to pass oxygen to muscle cells to move limbs etc. if they aren't breathing etc etc they are going to fall over and stop moving pretty quickly. That's what dead means.
Rage Zombies (or I am Legend Zombies) - seems like these guys are still alive so to speak, but seriously immune to pain. I'd guess without any food or water they would be down and out for the count after a couple of weeks (certainly sluggish enough to no longer be a threat after then).

It's an interesting topic, but don't know if it can be compared with Aliens as equally silly. Aliens travelling across many light years to earth is extremely feasible - even likely. Plus there have been thousands of credible (and incredible) witness accounts to ET encounters, hundreds of photos, videos and documentation.
However as above walking dead is just plain fiction. If you are not breathing, no circulation, no nerve signals to muscle groups then you are not moving ever again...not without some serious re-engineering. Plus eyewitness accounts of real zombies are thin on the ground with only a handful of cases and one photo that I know of.

Thanks for the thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join